What food do you eat with morning sickness??

mrscupcake

Reaction score
I'm not physically sick but I wasn't with my other 2 pregnancies. On a way it's worse because I want to be sick but I just can't! I feel nauseous all day every day with not much relief. I have been having fatty greasy foods for a quick fix - it initially eases nausea for about 15 mins and then I feel even worse! I want to eat healthily again. I worry which foods will make it worse though. I'm just dreading food but if I don't eat that again makes me worse so any tips?!

Hi I am only just starting to get the hang of my nausea not sure if I've had it for that long I'm just getting used to it I'm not sure. Lol
I drank lucazade here and there seems to help a little. I eat crumpets for breakfast. Cheese and tomato sandwiches seem to be going down okish at the mo. I have also started taking an all in 1 vitamin tablet containing b12 and folic acid and a load of other vits.
I think these have helped a little to keep me topped up.
Zip was nice really cold just sips. I ate bananas for a while but then went of them. It's trial and error.
Mine isn't healthy at all but I couldn't keep down water and had to just go on survival. I'll eat and drink healthier in 2nd tri. Oh another thing which I have been eating is chicken egg fried rice from the Chinese for tea. I think this baby just loves any thing unhealthy because i wouldn't normally eat and drink like this haha. X

Honestly, eat whatever appeals to you! I lived off white bread, fish fingers, spaghetti hoops, pea & ham soup, ready salted crisps, sweet potatoes and tinned oranges!

And I was a super healthy eater before I got pregnant, I got quite upset at the huge change in my diet! But I felt so ill there was nothing I could do, I just ate what I could bear. I also tried every single tale in the book for sickness, nothing worked. I swore I would disown the next person who suggested ginger to me! :)

It's ok now though, I've eaten healthily (ish) once the sickness lifted! Don't worry about it while you don't feel well, do what you need! Hope you feel better soon!

Honestly, eat whatever appeals to you! I lived off white bread, fish fingers, spaghetti hoops, pea & ham soup, ready salted crisps, sweet potatoes and tinned oranges!

And I was a super healthy eater before I got pregnant, I got quite upset at the huge change in my diet! But I felt so ill there was nothing I could do, I just ate what I could bear. I also tried every single tale in the book for sickness, nothing worked. I swore I would disown the next person who suggested ginger to me! :)

It's ok now though, I've eaten healthily (ish) once the sickness lifted! Don't worry about it while you don't feel well, do what you need! Hope you feel better soon!

Ohhh I love pea & ham soup..might have to go buy a tin now lol

I never had a problem with MS, but I have a hangover cure that works for me when I have an upset stomach. 1 banana, 1 cup of milk, a bit of honey. Banana for the potassium and vitamins, milk to help soothe your stomach, and honey for the natural sugar. I sometimes throw in a little cinnamon, just for the flavour. You can also add a scoop of protein powder, if you think you're stomach can handle it, for some added protein.

Brilliant! Thank you so much for all your tips!! I've started an online shop and already added a lot more ideas! Thank you so much! Happy to try anything! Thanks for the protein smoothie tip too! I have vanilla protein powder so I will try that will a banana! Xx

I've been eating a ton of yogurt. It seems to be the most appealing to me when I'm nauseous.

I haven't vomited much so far (except first thing in the mornings when super congested on an empty stomach), but it seems the only food I can tie to every single incident was saltines. Go figure...

I lived off of Mini Babybel cheeses throughout the first trimester of this pregnancy. Honestly, it kept my nausea at bay for a whole hour, so I'd have my breakfast (cold cereal because I couldn't tolerate anything with a smell), then an hour later, I'd have a cheese, then an hour after that, I'd have a cheese, then lunch (PB&J sandwich usually). Again, cheese every hour until diner (no, I didn't get tired of it). I would crave another PB&J sandwich after dinner - ahem - so I'd eat it. I took a Mini Babybel cheese with me to bed and ate it right before brushing my teeth and laying down for the night. Yes, I bought the cheese in bulk. ;)

The nausea started to fade at 17 weeks, but I'm 23 weeks and still ill sometimes.

With my other pregnancies, I sucked on hard candies (root beer barrels or ginger candies) NON STOP to keep the nausea away. The moment the candy melted, the nausea would come right back. So, the cheese was a much better option so I wasn't constantly eating or sugaring up my poor teeth.

I'll have to try tha yoghurt verily!

Xdxxtx I'll also have to try babybel and pb&j sandwiches! - this really isn't a U.K. Thing and I've only heard it from the peanut butter jelly song ha! I assume jelly is jam? It's sounds weird but I love peanut butter and jam so I suppose why not together?! Xx

The things that appealed the most to me were simple things, similar to the BRAT diet when you're sick. Keep it simple if your stomach feels queasy. Sometimes just eating something light will make the nausea go away and you can then eat more, whatever appeals to you. Like others have said eat whatever you need to survive. Don't worry about caloric intake right now, if you're eating enough or if you're eating healthy enough. You can worry about that later when the queasiness goes away. Baby's needs are minimal right now. Just try to ensure you take a vitamin once a day to make up for whatever you didn't get in your diet. If they upset your stomach, take them at night, right before bed. Good luck, hun!

Like everyone else here, I just eat what I can when I can. Weeks 6-9 were the absolute worst for me. All I could manage was grilled cheese sandwiches, crackers, and chocolate cookies, and I had to eat constantly to stay sane. Needless to say, I've gotten pretty chubby and I'm only going to be 11 weeks tomorrow! Not great.

The things that appealed the most to me were simple things, similar to the BRAT diet when you're sick. Keep it simple if your stomach feels queasy. Sometimes just eating something light will make the nausea go away and you can then eat more, whatever appeals to you. Like others have said eat whatever you need to survive. Don't worry about caloric intake right now, if you're eating enough or if you're eating healthy enough. You can worry about that later when the queasiness goes away. Baby's needs are minimal right now. Just try to ensure you take a vitamin once a day to make up for whatever you didn't get in your diet. If they upset your stomach, take them at night, right before bed. Good luck, hun!

Thank you, that's reassuring. I'll try not to worry too much about calories and just focus on getting through this first trimester. I've started taking the vitamines at night. Just going to eat little and often for now. That seems to work best. Xx

Like everyone else here, I just eat what I can when I can. Weeks 6-9 were the absolute worst for me. All I could manage was grilled cheese sandwiches, crackers, and chocolate cookies, and I had to eat constantly to stay sane. Needless to say, I've gotten pretty chubby and I'm only going to be 11 weeks tomorrow! Not great.

That's the sort of food I'm eating. I look so chubby already! But I suppose once we feel better we can start eating better and be a bit more active. I normally go running but my stomach really hasn't been up to it.

That's the sort of food I'm eating. I look so chubby already! But I suppose once we feel better we can start eating better and be a bit more active. I normally go running but my stomach really hasn't been up to it.

I was about 10 pounds overweight when I got pregnant but am usually fairly fit and active. I love jogging. First tri has been brutal for me this time around and I've quite literally done nothing but be a slug and eat sugar. Here's hoping we can both get it together soon!

Chocolate another favourite of mine..which is weird because before I was pregnant I wasn't fussed by chocolate. Also salt and vinegar crisps x

I've been living off of English muffins and fruit first thing in the morning to help it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->