What happens if you don't tell work you're pregnant in time?

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
Everywhere I've read that you must tell your employer that you're pregnant 15 weeks before the week of your due date but I was wondering what happens if you don't? I can't find anywhere which tells you.

I'd assume it'd effect maternity pay rights?

Yes, it just effects your maternity pay rights x

Thanks, I suspected it did but couldn't find anywhere that actually said that.

I had to hand it my matB1 form then otherwise smp would be affected. and affected right for maternity leave and job security. Any reason u wouldnt to tell them, or any way u would be able to hide it...unless u got a small bump?

If you look up the ugov website they go through all the ins and outs. I used it a lot when I was drafting my letter to my employers. If I remember rightly it has a planner where you can put in your due date and it calculates the dates when you should do each thing.

all depends why.... if you've just found out you pregnant at a late stage then not much they can do, but if you are keeping it from them that may be different.

I never told my work on time but luckily my MW put the date on my MATb1 form wrong, meaning i carried on to the next week.........

ud have to prove u didnt know until after 25 weeks.which does happen\\! a friend of mine was 33weeks :wacko:

anyway u need to tell them b4 25 weeks or ur smp wont be paid

If you didn't realise you was pregnant before then (don't know how that would be possible) then I think there is a loop hole.

I don't work, but I have a friend who had a lot of problems with what to do and when, and if memory serves (she later wuit her job on doctor's orders - they were horrible & putting her under a lot of stress) if you don't tell them, you only get the mandatory two weeks all new parents get. Four if you work in a factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->