What have I started!!!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Cat, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Well just over a week ago Ihad a couple of Jehovahs Wittnesses come to my door with the usual copies of watch tower, now I dont want to be rude as they arnt doing any harm and Ifind the topic of religion quite interesting as someone who has been studying philosophy. So we stode and had a chat and Itold them some of my views on the subject. Well all good they buggered off, I felt Ihad had an interesting chat to break up the monotony of my day.

Anyway, one of the blokes has just been at my door again, this time with his wife, they are a lovely couple, he said he had found a particular chapter in a book based on our conversations last week that I might find interesting!

They wished me luck with the baby, and said they will perhaos stop buy again in a few weeks time to say hello!

Nooooooooo what am I going to do, I dont want to be a Jehovahs Wittness!

2. weestar21

weestar21 Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    when they nock my door i tell em my parents arent home and im not allowed to talk to strangers :rofl::rofl:

3. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jean you are too funny!

When I see them on my street I run and Put my Devils Workshop T-Shirt on (thats an old Head shop in San Francisco):rofl: Either that, or I just start saying every word I know in Russian:rofl:

4. 2nd.Time.Daddy

2nd.Time.Daddy Well-Known Member

Become one of their flock :happydance:

5. Jo

Jo I'm an old bag!

Oh cat i did that once, started ignoring the door because it got far too much
    We are too nice for our own good!!

6. valentine75

valentine75 Proud dad

Tell them to come join the darkside we have cookies

7. Imi

Imi .

Lmfaoooooooo !!!

I normally tell them to sod off tbh! not got much paitents for people preaching at me!!

Lmfao @ u jean you muppet!!

TBH they do me nut ... you wanna be religeous fine! just don't preach to me!!

xxx

8. stephlw25

stephlw25 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you Imi !!

9. Iwantone!!!

Iwantone!!! Well-Known Member

dont answer the door go out when they come arund ehhehe u will never get rid of them ehheheh

10. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

i say 'well actually im a morman , do you want me to tell you about my religion?' and they fuck off hehehe

11. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Thing is with not answering the door is I often get parcels delivered (I had two arrive today) so I do need to answer the door or I will end up missing important stuff.

And I dont like to be rude to people as its not nice to be unplesent to people who are being perfectly polite and well meaning. I understand where they are coming from as they just want to spread the word on something that they feel is important and can give religious fullfillment to others, its just when its on your doorstep its a bit to forced.

12. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

im not actually a morman by the way lol!!!

13. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

I agree tbh people who approach your door can be quite pushy where as others won't come back if you ask them not too ... you don't have to go about it the rude way.

Jehovahs Wittnesses are no different from us - Everybody in this life has different beliefs if it be religion, ways of life, ways of parenting, etc. I don't agree with people knocking at your door though - You don't see people knocking your door about your parenting beliefs.

Cat I would just say thank you for the chat it has been nice but I'm afraid this is not my choice of beliefs & I wish you all the best type thing.

Me & Stu know a couple of people who are Jehovahs Wittnesses & they have left us a couple of booklets. As he said first "we're not going to throw them in the bin we'll put them safely & neatly in a drawer out of respect".

14. Trinity

Trinity Well-Known Member

Tbh i have never had any Jehovahs Witnesses knock at my door .. i wouldnt even know how to spot them walking down the street to avoid them. I would just say thanks but no thanks though .. i too dont believe in being rude. I dont see why they have to knock on peoples doors to try and get people to join the religion but if thats the way they do it then thats their choice. The only time i would get funny with them is if they kept coming back or wouldnt leave when i asked them too.

15. weestar21

weestar21 Well-Known Member

i havent had any since we moved here all ive had is a scarey woman trying to sell me pictures and said she would curse me if i didnt buy any so im cursed :rofl::rofl:

16. bexxie

bexxie Well-Known Member

I always tell them I am a witch and they run believe me.