What hospital bag?

Mellie1988

Mummy Of 2, Number 3 Due
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering what bags you are all using for hospital bags for labour & delivery, post birth and babys bits?

Also will you use 3 separate bags or 1 to 2 bags?

With DD and DS I used a suitcase for my L&D and post birth bits then the change bag for babys bits....this time round I have no suitcase and don't really know what to go with?

Planning on starting packing my bags in the next 2-3 weeks I think, I have all my lists wrote out so just need to go buy the bits I need.

x

Someone else wrote on here that they used this bag

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2863537.htm

I had to go out and buy my own!! :haha:

Will be using a few wash bags and zip lock bags to keep my stuff and babies stuff easy to find in there.

Lol :lol: that's a funky bag...don't think Id have the balls to buy one though hahaaa!

X

Wow a suitcase! I am very lucky that our hospital provides almost everything. I just brought a few clothing times for me, a going home outfit for baby, and some travel size toiletries. I could fit it in a tiny bag. Hope you find a good bag to organize what you would like!

I'm using 3 separate bags. I have 1 with bits that I'll need for me, before and after birth (clothes, PJ's, my toiletry bag, towel, snacks and book etc), 1 with things for LO and 1 for labour. Last time it was a real pain having everything in one big bag as although I had it organised by when I'd need stuff, when I was 10cm and begging my poor DH to get my my lip balm NOW it took him ages to find it! Now at least I'll be able to say "its in the pink bag".
It also should make it easier for DH to take stuff away if I have to stay in longer than 1 night, as I can just give him the bag of pre-labour stuff, and have him bring in another bag that I've packed if I have to stay in for a while. I hated having my little cubicle bit cluttered up last time.

I am being induced on Monday and will need to stay in for 24 hours after the birth due to GDM and baby needing glucose monitoring... so it's not as excessive as it sounds! I have:
- small weekend style bag (old Fat Face bag) for induction day/night with an extra nightdress in case it takes a little longer - husband will take this home with the washing when he leaves
- small Cath Kidston wheelie suitcase (but very small, hand luggage sized) for ward stay - fits both mine and baby's stuff for the longer stay
- rucksack with baby's clothes and nappies in it for straight after birth - husband will take this home with him when he leaves

If we didn't have to stay over, I would literally have just my overnight bag and baby's bag as I would have used hospital gowns if I ran out of clean clothing, and baby clothes don't take up much space! I am a bit amazed sometimes by how much people seem to take! X

There's a pack of 2 holdalls in Argos for about £15 and they look fugly in the product pic (red and black) but in real life they look much nicer and are a decent size. I'm planning a homebirth but just in case and also even if I have a homebirth it's convenient to have everything in one place, I'm going to pack the larger holdall for me and the smaller one for baby's stuff. I have a three pack of clear wash/toiletry bags that I got years and years ago from argos for about £5 and I have lost count of the amount of times I have used them for both holidays and having babies in hospital xx

I'm having a sports bag for me, a hold all for the twins, and DH will have his little bag of snacks and things. I am also preparing an "in case of emergency" bag which will have extra clothes, pads and baby supplies in just in case of c-section, but that will be left in the car or at home unless needed.

I'm just using a big over the shoulder bag, everything in one. Can't be faffing with more than one bag :haha:

I have a big sports bag on wheels with a pully thing, with all my essentials in then I have a bag filled with my laptop, charger and pictures my kids have drawn for me. We will probably have a snack bag too... last time I was at hospital the food was disgusting! xx

Im having a c-section so im in hospital for a couple of days... But ive got 2x Bags... Im using my Il tutto Mia Changing Bag for little ladies clothes etc and another small holdall for my things...

Ive set up a seperate bag for me and for the little lady that will stay home, and if i then need anything extra whilst im in hospital, my OH just has to pick up the bag and bring it to the hospital, without me having to tell him what i want etc (he would only get it wrong) lol

I am being a cheap skate, I have a big bag for my stuff and will put babies bits in a plastic bag and pop them in my bag x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->