What if I don't recognize labor?...

I'm scared of this too! Last time my labour was really quick and by the time i got to birth suite I said I could feel something between my legs and the midwife had a look and said "That's your baby's head!" and I was like :saywhat: They said as soon as I feel anything to go to hospital this time, but I was having period cramps the other night and it turned out to be nothing, but if I wait for a proper contraction I probably wont make it in.

I'm scared of this too! Last time my labour was really quick and by the time i got to birth suite I said I could feel something between my legs and the midwife had a look and said "That's your baby's head!" and I was like :saywhat: They said as soon as I feel anything to go to hospital this time, but I was having period cramps the other night and it turned out to be nothing, but if I wait for a proper contraction I probably wont make it in.

Yes! My doctor looked up at me and said, "I can see her head." I darted up and said, "What?!" Lol. I mean I was uncomfortable but I had been uncomfortable since like 25 weeks! So I'm afraid this time I won't know until the head is coming out hahah

OHMYGOD I've been telling myself my fear about this is completely irrational, but maybe it's not?

Part of my autism is that while I'm hyper sensitive to things like touch, noise, movement around me, I don't actually perceive pain in any helpful or accurate way. This SPD went undiagnosed as long as it did because instead of feeling the pain, I felt tired and emotional. Last night, I burst into tears carving a chicken and only after my wife took over and I sat down for a minute did I realise I'd been on my feet a while and was probably just in pain. I have badly hurt myself in the past because of not feeling the warning pain. I've ignored Strep Throat for months and ended up with Scarlet Fever.

Ultimately, I know it's pain because tylenol makes me feel less tired and emotional. lol

So yup, now I'm legit terrified that if I go into labour naturally, I'll be giving birth at home! And alone, because I won't feel like I'm really in labour so I won't tell my wife to come home from work in time (she's an hour away).

AAAAARGH.

I also have this fear because of what happened with my son. I was scheduled to have a c-section but went to the bathroom 2 days before my appt and when I wiped, my water went. I honestly don't even think my plug went.. Like, maybe it stayed in and came out when I peed? I really don't know. But I didn't have any discharge or anything coming out of me and I was 39 weeks when I had my son.

Further more, I never had braxton hicks with him and I didn't have ANY contractions before or after my water broke and the hospital confirmed it because they hooked me up to a fetal monitor right away and it took 2 and a half hours from the time my water broke until I was in the OR for my emcs and they told me that I never once had a contraction.

This has always freaked me out. I think I might have been having braxton hicks contractions for a while this time around but I'm not sure because they don't feel like what I've ever read that they feel like. It's like a muscle twitch in my stomach and that's it. It doesn't radiate and is usually only in a spot the size of a marble to golf ball and is random and only happens once and then doesn't for days. My mom says she thinks they are braxton hicks but I'm so unsure about it.

The whole talking through contractions meaning your not in labour is ridiculous.

I'm also scared that I'll leave it too late and end up giving birth in the car or something :L I'm not far from the hospital but it will be so cold for the baby if it was born in the car! :L

if you had asked me like 2 weeks ago, I would have joined the 'you wil deff know your in labour'. but I can honestly say I was convinced twice that I have been in labour...and it fizzled out. and on the opposite ive know a few ladies recently who just had mild cramps and when they did finally get checked were like 7-8cm. so apparently it not that easy to know.

have to say got a small fear that as this my second the birth could be really quick, and if I don't realise were in labour and by the time we got our act together and our son dropped off - will there still be enough time to get to the hospital - and I don't think my hubby would cope to well in unplanned home birth.

I was in complete denial with ds. I repeatedly told dh to stay at work I was only having Braxton Hicks, and when his boss sent him home he started timing them and practically forced me into the car. By the time we got there my blood pressure was so high the nurse said she was surprised I was conscious, so I was immediately given an epidural and I was dialated to 4. I hope to be less stubborn this time.

I brought this up in my L & D class and the nurse teaching it practically laughed at me. Glad Im not the only one. Ive got some serious pressure, but I dont have any increased discharge, ive read most of the time womens water doesnt break. and Ive been having frequent BH for about a week and a half now and theyre pretty uncomfortable. So, who knows I guess, lol. Im just hoping for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->