What if there was no state or goverment help

I think it would stop very young people who had no or little chance of finding work havin children.
I think it woul stpo many people having more children. Personally in our circumstances right now we could not afford another child. However if we were both not working and living in rented housing having a more children would really be an option.
I think is greatly unfair that I work 2 days a week for less income than I would get as a single parent on benifits. I have oftern said we are 'stupid enough to work'.
I also think that after the seond (possibly 3rd) all benifits should be stopped inc CB if you want to have a huge family you should be paying for it!

I cannot afford a 4/5 bedroomed house. I cannot aford more than 2/3 children. No one in the last 3 generations of my family have been able to either even though they have ALL worked in professional jobs. So I have no idea why these things and opertunite are given to people by the state!

I think we have created a cuture or unreasonable expectations. I have heard that you can get a crisis loan to get a TV if yours breaks and it is seen as an essential? I mean WTF! My dads partner works for a housing association and he regularly sees people who hve 5+ children where neither have worked a day in thier live who come with huge expectations of money they feel they have a 'right' to. DEmanding all sorts from massive houses to living in 'nice' areas houses with gardens all sorts. Stuff I could never imagine even manageing to WORK for let alone get given free or at a nominal payment.

There is a mother at my godchilds school who hs 13 children, yes he husband works all hours as a taxi driver. But she will get more than my wage +£300 in CB.
My Ohs friend at work has just quit as he is 25% which is £300 a month BETTER off on benifits! He works FT in a sepicalised role for the BBC/siemens on a abover average wage. You know contrbuting to the economy. But he left as £300 a mont and getting to spend everydaywithhis disabled son and new born is a much more attractive offer. However much I dnt blame him I think its wrong that the system makes people live worse for working

Oooh that got a bit ranty for N+D it is something I feel very strongly about. Especially since I am about to do similar to OHs friend at work. As I am disabled and working pt but with the change in ctc etc I am no longer better off working :(

Definitely agree. I find it odd when people TTC a 2nd/3rd baby whilst in a 1 bedroom council property and then say "oh well the council will have to re house us soon"

If you have a morgtage and have another child you dont get to just increase your house size you actually have to be able to afford it

little do they no the council wont always rehome people who have more children, they count they frontroom as the parents bedroom n say 2 children should share the one bedroom. i was told this when we went on the housing list, living in a 1 bed flat with zane.

a girl i no came to me moaning the council wouldnt give her a house because she had a private rented flat already n was on benifits because she was £20 a month better off...it drove me insane, we both worked and were broke but earnt "too much" for any kind of help.

now i am a single mum n i dont get any benifits because i have savings to try n make my life better in the long run. but i really dont care, ive got plans to go back into training and work once baby 2 is here as i want to make as much money as i can for my babies.

i couldnt live on benifits, it would drive me nuts. i want my carrer even tho its only admin lol

Having a kid just to get a bigger place or whatever is just plain wrong :growlmad: I know people who see kids as a ticket to lifestyle-choice benefits. It makes me mad. I have needed benefits and was really grateful that they were there because myself and my LOs would have suffered without them, but it was never my intention to just keep taking them indefinitely.

I think there's a culture of entitlement where people just seem to feel the world owes them :wacko:

Having a kid just to get a bigger place or whatever is just plain wrong :growlmad: I know people who see kids as a ticket to lifestyle-choice benefits. It makes me mad. I have needed benefits and was really grateful that they were there because myself and my LOs would have suffered without them, but it was never my intention to just keep taking them indefinitely.

I think there's a culture of entitlement where people just seem to feel the world owes them :wacko:

totaly agree with this!

my mum n her bf think hes entitled to money because he had 2 heart attacks and a stroke because of his life style which he still hasnt changed. and it makes me so mad! ive had ago at my mum several times over it.

my 2 yr old pays tax and it drives me nuts that it goes in part towards people like him.

the idea of the benifit system is better then the reality.
benifits should be there for people who really need them but is ruined by those that think they should get it and only get it so they dont have to work

moomin_troll said:
he gets a army pension and compensation from his dad dying and they tax him on it.

Ahh. I thought all income if paid directly to a child was tax free, but it's maybe only 'earned' income like interest etc.

moomin_troll said:
he gets a army pension and compensation from his dad dying and they tax him on it.

Ahh. I thought all income if paid directly to a child was tax free, but it's maybe only 'earned' income like interest etc.

who knows. he doesnt get taxed alot but i was still shocked that he does, and then when this baby is born a newborn will be paying tax too

who knows. he doesnt get taxed alot but i was still shocked that he does, and then when this baby is born a newborn will be paying tax too

They do have a tax free allowance of about 7k. It seems there are ways around it though. Might be worth seeking out a financial advisor :thumbup:

It is a poor situation, I agree. No-one should be supporting layabouts, let alone children.

They do have a tax free allowance of about 7k. It seems there are ways around it though. Might be worth seeking out a financial advisor :thumbup:

It is a poor situation, I agree. No-one should be supporting layabouts, let alone children.

he gets alot less the 7k and unfortuantly they are allowed to tax him. some children who have lost their fathers were getting taxed 20% at one point so thats alot but luckly the government admitted that was a mistake.

im just happy zane has his own little income and is able to have savings, takes the piss he pays tax when there is grown men out there sitting around.
and if zane got a job at 16 hed be taxed a higher rate on his wage because his pension is classed as a income which i think is disgusting

my 2 yr old pays tax and it drives me nuts that it goes in part towards people like him.
Really? How do they do that? :shrug:

Hey hun,

Just read your post put to my DH, he is a financial advisor, he said that you should def look into this as your LO should not be paying tax if it is under £7200 and if it's over he can reclaim it.

Really? How do they do that? :shrug:

Hey hun,

Just read your post put to my DH, he is a financial advisor, he said that you should def look into this as your LO should not be paying tax if it is under £7200 and if it's over he can reclaim it.

he gets about just over 1k a year which is good for a 2 yr old but alot less then 7k so i will look into this thanks :) i was told its taxed because it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->