What is a good result for NT Scan?

kc1980

Reaction score
I have my Nuchal scan on Wednesday & I was wondering if anyone knows what good odds are? I want to look like I know what the doc. is talking about when she says them to me! Maybe some people could also post their results here?

when i had my dd in 2007 they only did the neck fat measurement now they combinr itt with a blood test but mine was 1 in 650 chance which they said was a really good result

dont they say anything less than 1/150 chance is a bad sign????
so anything above that is good news.

I agree with Proudmum, was looking at my consent form last night and they say anything lower than 1/150 they offer you further consultation, anything higher is a low risk and they just notify you by post

Great - sounds like around 1/ 150 then. Hope I have much smaller odds!

Hang on that's the combined scan and bloods score. I'm not sure what the figures are if you are just having a scan, sorry!

Hang on that's the combined scan and bloods score. I'm not sure what the figures are if you are just having a scan, sorry!

ah. I don't know actually? I believe I am just having the scan. Is that not normal?

I had a NT measurement of 1mm combined with the blood test result I was told my risk is less than 1/10000! Anything 1/250 and above is classed as low risk!

OK - how long do blood results take to come back? I was hoping to be able to tell friends & family the day that I have the scan, but maybe I can't?

I have mine next Tuesday and I won't have the bloods back straight away, but if all is good on the scan I'll be telling people. On my letter you get the choice, to ahve just the scan or scan and bloods (combined test). I'm not sure if this is the same across the country. It says if you chose to have the bloods aswell then they will either let you know the result within 2 weeks by post if it's low risk and sooner by phone and further consultation if it's higher risk. I'm sure just the scan result will be fine x

your bloods would have been done at ur booking with ur other bloods if u are havimg the combined tests u wil still get the results at ur scan as the blood work will have already been doen hun

OK - how long do blood results take to come back? I was hoping to be able to tell friends & family the day that I have the scan, but maybe I can't?

I thought you had to have the bloods done on the same day as your scan, I had my scan and bloods taken on a Tuesday and on the Friday I received the letter with the result, so they posted it on the Thursday. So not long I would say!

your bloods would have been done at ur booking with ur other bloods if u are havimg the combined tests u wil still get the results at ur scan as the blood work will have already been doen hun

Wished they done that for me, but I'm guessing my hopsital/midwife isn't as organised!!! I've been told I have to wait around after the scan to have my bloods taken, Boooo!

that's interesting - thanks for the info. I have already had 2 scans and plenty of blood done - at 6 & 9 weeks. Not because I am high risk but they just do that here in Switzerland :thumbup:

Do you happen to know what the bloods are called that would detect Down's?

They have changed this in some places now. They used to do it this way where I live but have changed it so the bloods and scan are done on the same day. :flower:

Wished they done that for me, but I'm guessing my hopsital/midwife isn't as organised!!! I've been told I have to wait around after the scan to have my bloods taken, Boooo!

in order for it to be an accurate combined test they have to do the bloods at the same time as they do the scan.. they will check your beta HCG and there's no point already doing that at 9 weeks. I had bloods done at 8 weeks I still had to have the bloods for the triple test done at 12 weeks. Not your midwifes fault! Some places might only do a NT scan but for the combined test it is common to do the scan and bloods at the same time!

that's interesting - thanks for the info. I have already had 2 scans and plenty of blood done - at 6 & 9 weeks. Not because I am high risk but they just do that here in Switzerland :thumbup:

Do you happen to know what the bloods are called that would detect Down's?

down syndrome screening test done at 10-12 weeks, triple test or quadruple test won't be done until 15-16 weeks.

1:250 or a lower number is classed as 'high risk'. That said if you get a 1:50 rating it's still only a 1 in 50 chance your baby would be born with Downs. Obviuously they need a cut off point. After the bloods and scan results were added together I think mine was about 1:1200 last time. If you get a 'high' risk you'll be offered further screeing - CVS or amnio. My sister's friend's bloods came back with a 1:9 risk which is obviously right at the top end of the scale. She had the amnio, they results came back clear and she gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby. So do remember, in the even of a 'high' risk coming back, it's not automatically bad news :)

Just thought I would post because I asked the original question. My scan measured 1.48mm which was good enough for the doc. to feel confident last week, so we told our families & friends about the pregnancy. & then she texted me today to say that the blood result came back with a 1:7,555 chance! :)

Great news!! My NT Scan is next Monday and I am so nervous and excited!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->