What is a 'young mum'?

MummytoOscar

& one in the oven <3
Reaction score
Hi all!

Am just curious I guess, but I am 25 with a 3 month old boy. Whilst I was pregnant my midwife made a comment that I was young to be a mum! I don't think that my ability to look after a baby is less than an older person.

I don't feel that I am a young mum. I understand that some people choose to have babies later due to careers etc.

What do you consider to be a young mum?

id say 17 and under lol! im 22 and my son is 20 months this month i was 20 when i fell pregnant with him and i was only that old because i struggled to get him had to have an op to drill out my ovaries (i dont understand how it works that is the way they put it to me lol) cos i had PCOS and was on clomide because DH had some disabled sperm we needed more eggs for more chance lol! and im pregnant again (this time no help needed) i get called a young mum at times but i dont see myself as a young mum just average aged

well im 18 and i class myself as a young mom even tho i kno im just as gd as a mom as anyone else.

I don't think your midwife meant it in a bad way.

You are young,25 is young.Young moms are to me all moms under lets say 28,27...something like that.

I really don't think that she thought of you less because you're young.25 is a great age to have a child.

xxx

Well im 24, i got my :bfp: on my 23rd B-day and i was also told by people your so young, but my sister had her son 2months after her 19th B-day.

And now that we are struggling, to finally have one full term everyone is telling us to go for Invitro, and now im say im too young:blush::blush:

Makes no sence:dohh:

I had 2 children at 21 and 3 by the age of 25-26, my 1st at 17. 17 was young.

i would say 20 and under?!! Mind u im 25 and have 2 kids and sometimes i can see people giving me the "look", especially in the school yard!!

I got pregnant at 17, i think that was young. Im now 21 with 2 of the rascals and i still class myself as a young mum x

Its a difficult one i'd probably say under 21 though too

I went to a school meeting once with my son, he was 7-8 and the teacher hadnt seen me before and asked was he mum not able to come, he thought I was his big sister :lol:

I went to a school meeting once with my son, he was 7-8 and the teacher hadnt seen me before and asked was he mum not able to come, he thought I was his big sister :lol:

my mum gets that alot, if she's got nicole people think that nicole is hers.

Im 19!! I was told im not a teen mum as im over the age of 18!!

I know im young but doesnt make me any less of a person.

x

I'd say under 20..certainly not 25. I am nearly 22..and i get it all the while, people sayin im a young mum..but thats usually before they relaise my age becuase i look alot younger! Havin said that 25 is a young age..so maybe it was a compliemt x

personally i dont think anybody should have the 'young mum' label - its what you do and what you give to your child that should be important, nothing else. yeh im a young mum, i was preg at 20 (im now 23 and my son is 21months). but im the best mum i could be to him, yeh its sometimes a struggle but i dont care about the material things in life so long as im there for him and he gets the best in life. Im now preg again, but as my son has matured me, i dont come across as a 'young mum' and people think im alot older, mainly because i get on with older people than people my own age!

I'm 20, I'm definately a young mama!

I would say 21 and under.

i would also say under 21 im 21 myself but i think im very mature for my age but i think it doesnt really matter as long as ur a good mum xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->