What is Going on?

bethneebabe

Mum to 2 Angels
Reaction score
Ugh. So I told my mom that we will be TTC this fall and she was really really quiet. We have been married 4 years, we will both be 27 in a few months, and I have a stable job and my husband will be licensed to practice law in a matter of months. I can't believe it. She just said she needed time to "process it." Even if we got a BFP the first month (November) I will be 28 and married 5 years. How is that an "I need to process" concept? I thought she would be really happy. :shrug: Anyone else surprised by their family reaction?

Wow... At first thought, I'd figure she'd be thrilled to have grandchildren. My parents were practically begging for grandkids before we were even married. Would this be her first grandchild? Does she live far from you and would be bummed she wouldn't see the baby much? Strange reaction..

I think that parents in general sometimes just think of the negatives of having a baby and really want to see you do the best you possibly can. I wouldn't take offense to it tbh, it's probably wierd to see your baby getting ready to have a baby iykwim? I bet the minute she hears about your BFP, she'll be thrilled.

Don't stress over it :hugs:

This would be the very first grandchild and great grandchild. I think she is more comfortable with my older sister's pace (she's almost 30 and just moved in with her boyfriend). She kinda had the same reaction when I got engaged at 21. She got pregnant with my sister at 20 (unplanned) got married at 21 then had me (unplanned) at 22. She is now separated from my dad and is "finding" herself. I think she doesn't want me to make the same mistakes she did. We are very far away from family but there is no way we would be moving home in the next 5 years because of the economy and I don't want to start trying for my first little one at 32. My sister is very very excited though.

Maybe she really does just need time to process. I'm sure she'll come around. :)

I'm 25 this year, married, own my house, husband has a great job and we have savings, my dad was the same way told him in Jan and he now coming around and is excited for us... parents eh

When we told oh's parents we were pregnant their reaction was crap!! His mum said that she is too young to be a grandma (she was 62 :dohh:) and thought we should have waited longer. But they came round to it pretty quickly!!
Maybe she really does just need time to process it.having a baby is a huge decision, as you know, and uv had plenty of time to think about it and plan it etc and she has kinda just been thrown into it. I know its not her having the baby, but its her baby having a baby!! It might be making her feel old too wich probably wont help with her trying to find herself!!
Good luck hun. I hope she comes round soon xx

when i told my dad he was happy which i was shcked he dont usually do emotions lol, all he asked was when i get pregnant not to tell him what we'll be havin as he wants a suprise, which im ok with, tho i wanted his help doin the babys room so that bit me in the bum lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->