What is happening with ASDA?

chelle7

Mum to a beautiful girl
Reaction score
I always buy the Asda little angles nappies as I have found them really good- no probs with leaks that I have had with other brands, and they are better priced too. I get 2 packs that have always been £10 with 60 nappies in each. I bought some more yesterday and have just noticed on the packet that there are now only 56 napppies in each pack! So it's the same price for 8 less nappies :growlmad: I also bought their sausages as usual - went to cook them and found there was one less than normal in the packet, again for the same price. V V annoying :growlmad:

Have you changed sizes? You get less in the pack the bigger the size x

they hope you don't notice...
the other day I had a yorkie bar at work, everyone went oooh lets have a bit so, I agreed saying 'its ok....there are 6 chunks (Y-O-R-K-I-E) and 6 of us...'
BUT...there wasn't!!! yorkie has shrunk to five chunks with yorkie on each bit.
apparently it happened a while back but even so..
very very good nappies IMO are lidl Toujours, incredibly cheap (although I think they start at size 3 or 4) but fantastic.
not had a single leak, bottom dry in the morning in fact....better than pampers and I was strictly pampers.

No I got the same size 3 ones that I have been using for a while. Good tip about Lidl- there is one near us so I think I will give them a go

Chelie.. I also noticed this wit huggies!!

Yeah size 3 always had 60.. Size 4 have alot less! I have a Lidl up the road I may give them a go x

I think they're doing it because price of materials has gone up a lot.
Probably easier for them to keep the price and change the amount of nappies than up the price :flower:

:wacko: Asda has gone downhill a bit here. I now refuse to online shop with them, would rather go and pick it all myself

I'm having issues getting the size 2 ones at my store. i usually buy 2 or 3 packs at once but everytime i go now there's only one pack left and its always at the back of the top shelf and i have to jump like an idiot to get it! lol

its just a pain!! i don't mind tesco ones but prefer asda!

I use aldi nappies, fed up of asda never having any in stock, and fed up of walking half a mile across the carpark after trying not to bash other peoples doors at tesco because people without children take up all the parent spaces..

Sorry rant over!!
Xx

I use aldi nappies, fed up of asda never having any in stock, and fed up of walking half a mile across the carpark after trying not to bash other peoples doors at tesco because people without children take up all the parent spaces..

Sorry rant over!!
Xx

Are the Aldi ones any good? Asda is the other side of town, and i've not heard great things about Tesco.... :)

Everyone and everything are doing it, there was a thing in the newpapers, about the amount of coffe,washing power, weight of crisps/weight of chocolate.. I even read one which said some ciggerets(sp?) are now in packs of 19 not 20 and says aprox 20, but the price is now higher haha

I normally use pampers but randomly decided I wanted to try tesco value ones since they were so cheap and they are actually suprisingly good! they dont leak at all and its like £2 for 50. The only downside is they are really plastic and nasty on the outside but they work! I love Asdas though I still love them even if they are stealing away sausages.

Sorry rant over!!
Xx

Are the Aldi ones any good? Asda is the other side of town, and i've not heard great things about Tesco.... :)

She only has them on at night as she sleeps 12 hours..Im only half way through my first pack as had a load of freebies to use but had no problems so far..
Tesco ones were fine during the day but she leaked up her back after 9hrs at night, even in the bigger size.
X

I'm having issues getting the size 2 ones at my store. i usually buy 2 or 3 packs at once but everytime i go now there's only one pack left and its always at the back of the top shelf and i have to jump like an idiot to get it! lol

I have also had this issue. 2 packs for £10 and a lot of times i go to get them they just have one pack left. Cue another trip to asda a few days later to see if they have had any more in

Yeah I noticed that with the nappies too.

Everytime I go into Asda they change the store around! It takes me a month to get used to a layout and then they start putting the chicken in the nappy aisle!! They also NEVER have any size 6-9 month clothing, and when she was in 3-6 months they didnt have them either (now they are in abundance!) so friggin' annoying. Getting down off my soap box now.

Pampers sensitive wipes have also decreased the amount in a packet but they usually go on offer - still, I hate the way companies do this especially with no warning and no decrease in price (which I know would never happen!)

Things like this have been happening for years, companies have the choice of keeping the amount the same but upping the price or keeping the price the same but reducing the amount of product in a pack/tin/carton etc.
Many companies found people hated them upping the price but did not notice the amount reducing.
(Ahhh my years of advertising & marketing at uni are coming handy there haha)

Tesco is even worse for it. We used to buy their stay dry nappies in a size 4, £4.99, went to buy some two weeks later they had put up their price to £6.49!! They had been £4.99 for months and months and weren't on special offer.
So I refused to buy them then!!

xXx

I am currently using Aldi nappies and I prefer them to Huggies which I was using, much softer and better fitting.

I'm very sad about the size of cadburys creme eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->