What is peoples views on women being over weight and TTC?

I think it is very important to be in good shape when falling pregnant, for mom and bub's safety. So many things can go wrong when being overweight and if your body is in good condition it would be easier to treat a health problem if needed.

It is my goal to become slim again before conceiving the second child.

Thank you for your reply :) when are you hoping to start TTC #2 ? i intend to use the remaining time i have to get as healthy as possible. :)

Hopefully sometime next year when my husband is ready. :flower:

Good luck with TTC next year, and maybe we might end up being pregnant around the same time :thumbup:

Good luck with TTC next year, and maybe we might end up being pregnant around the same time :thumbup:

Thank you! That would be lovely then we can be bump buddies. :flower:

Hi there!

I was obese when i got pregnant with my daughter, ive always been obese but very active. I was 225 when i got pregnant & weighed 255 when i delivered. Full term and she was healthy & 5 1/2 lbs. She is now six & the head of her class in 1st grade. Very proud of her!
Since i have hashimotos thyroid disease it is very difficult to lose weight. I eat only fruits, veggies, chicken & turkey. I did p90x & cant wait to do it again. In the last two years went from 320 lbs to 235. & now im pregnant! I will continue pregnancy exercises & my elliptical machine which im addicted to!

Thank you for your reply :) a big congratulations on the pregnancy :happydance: are you hoping for a boy this time or :yellow: ?

That's great that you a good labour etc :thumbup:

Well done on how much weight you lost that's brilliant, is that your weight now 235 lbs?

Yes, my weight now is 235, I wear size 18 pants & xl tops. I'm hoping to only gain 20 lbs this time & I'm walking a lot this time. 2-4 miles a day plus my videos & elliptical. I like to stay active. After baby I'm hoping to get down to 175. I've never been any lower.

Oh & we are hoping for a boy this time, but we don't really care, we are thrilled with either!

Good luck with your weight loss & journey!

How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? 140/147 lbs is the smallest i have ever been and im 5 ft 7

Thank you :) and good luck with your pregnancy :hugs:
Hi! I'm 5'6" & I've had a thyroid disease since 6th grade, uncontrollable for many years & sick as a child. I was raised on a farm & we grew & sold veggies when we were young. Up at 3-4 am picking & then selling starting at 7 am. I earned my own school clothes. It was great. I have always been a hard farm worker, I still drive a tractor & such but I also work 40 hours a week in an office. I was the only overweight child in my entire family. They tested me like a lab rat & just came to the conclusion that some people are just fat from genetics, although there are not many overweight people in my family. Anywoo! My doc has always checked everything every year & I've always had great triglicerides, cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. I believe it is healthy eating & exercise. But I do have a very slow metabolism & my body stores a lot of my food as fat, can't think of the word. My hashimotos disease does not kale things better, but I've never let it affect me, except the darn weight. I believe I was 175 in 8th grade & would like to be that size again :)

Hi there!

I was obese when i got pregnant with my daughter, ive always been obese but very active. I was 225 when i got pregnant & weighed 255 when i delivered. Full term and she was healthy & 5 1/2 lbs. She is now six & the head of her class in 1st grade. Very proud of her!
Since i have hashimotos thyroid disease it is very difficult to lose weight. I eat only fruits, veggies, chicken & turkey. I did p90x & cant wait to do it again. In the last two years went from 320 lbs to 235. & now im pregnant! I will continue pregnancy exercises & my elliptical machine which im addicted to!

Thank you for your reply :) a big congratulations on the pregnancy :happydance: are you hoping for a boy this time or :yellow: ?

That's great that you a good labour etc :thumbup:

Well done on how much weight you lost that's brilliant, is that your weight now 235 lbs?

Yes, my weight now is 235, I wear size 18 pants & xl tops. I'm hoping to only gain 20 lbs this time & I'm walking a lot this time. 2-4 miles a day plus my videos & elliptical. I like to stay active. After baby I'm hoping to get down to 175. I've never been any lower.

Oh & we are hoping for a boy this time, but we don't really care, we are thrilled with either!

Good luck with your weight loss & journey!

How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? 140/147 lbs is the smallest i have ever been and im 5 ft 7

Thank you :) and good luck with your pregnancy :hugs:
Hi! I'm 5'6" & I've had a thyroid disease since 6th grade, uncontrollable for many years & sick as a child. I was raised on a farm & we grew & sold veggies when we were young. Up at 3-4 am picking & then selling starting at 7 am. I earned my own school clothes. It was great. I have always been a hard farm worker, I still drive a tractor & such but I also work 40 hours a week in an office. I was the only overweight child in my entire family. They tested me like a lab rat & just came to the conclusion that some people are just fat from genetics, although there are not many overweight people in my family. Anywoo! My doc has always checked everything every year & I've always had great triglicerides, cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. I believe it is healthy eating & exercise. But I do have a very slow metabolism & my body stores a lot of my food as fat, can't think of the word. My hashimotos disease does not kale things better, but I've never let it affect me, except the darn weight. I believe I was 175 in 8th grade & would like to be that size again :)

Bet it was so cool growing up on a farm :) So sorry to hear your struggle with weight is through illness, must be tough. you have done brilliantly though with the weight you have lost :thumbup: good luck with your pregnancy and with the future weigh loss :hugs:

i conceived my daughter when i was about 16 stone. i was ttc for 3 yrs and my weight which caused pcos was stopping me conceiving. i had no complications during pregnancy and felt alot better than i did before i was pregnant. i bit achey when i got to 35+ weeks buts thats to be expected. i was induced 10 days early because my baby was measuring big, she was born 8lb 13oz, and i had a normal straightforward labour and a healthy baby.

i put on about 2.5 stone during and more specifically after my pregnancy. i am now 3months pp and starting to shift the weight. not easy!

i dont think i would be able to conceive again till i lost 3 stone.

i conceived my daughter when i was about 16 stone. i was ttc for 3 yrs and my weight which caused pcos was stopping me conceiving. i had no complications during pregnancy and felt alot better than i did before i was pregnant. i bit achey when i got to 35+ weeks buts thats to be expected. i was induced 10 days early because my baby was measuring big, she was born 8lb 13oz, and i had a normal straightforward labour and a healthy baby.

i put on about 2.5 stone during and more specifically after my pregnancy. i am now 3months pp and starting to shift the weight. not easy!

Thank you for your reply :) that is good to hear that you had a normal labour and 8lbs 13 oz isnt that big think that is a good weight :thumbup:
do you mind me asking how tall you are? and did you have to have extra scans due to being bigger? 2.5 stones is quite good as i put on about 3 stone with my daughter and i was classed as a normal weight when i got pregnant.

Thank you for your reply :) that is good to hear that you had a normal labour and 8lbs 13 oz isnt that big think that is a good weight :thumbup:
do you mind me asking how tall you are? and did you have to have extra scans due to being bigger? 2.5 stones is quite good as i put on about 3 stone with my daughter and i was classed as a normal weight when i got pregnant.

im 5"7, think my bmi was about 36 when i was first pregnant. and had no extra scans apart from at 37 weeks because i was measuring big from fundal height

im 5"7, think my bmi was about 36 when i was first pregnant. and had no extra scans apart from at 37 weeks because i was measuring big from fundal height

Im also 5 ft 7. that's good not having to have extra scans, my sister inlaw is i would say around the size of me and she had to have about 5 scans with her 2 pregnancies, she didn't admit this was the reason but i think it was.
are you planning on having another baby?if so when are you hoping to start ttc?

Im also 5 ft 7. that's good not having to have extra scans, my sister inlaw is i would say around the size of me and she had to have about 5 scans with her 2 pregnancies, she didn't admit this was the reason but i think it was.
are you planning on having another baby?if so when are you hoping to start ttc?
everything with this pregnancy, labour and baby was so straightforward i feel like my lucks going to run out and its going to be a nightmare next time!
yes we want another soon, but i need to finish uni, and were in a flat now so would need a house with another one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->