What is peoples views on women being over weight and TTC?

I just do it online, my town doesn't have meetings anymore and I probably wouldn't go to them if they did anyhow lol

Yah I'm very excited to just be overweight! I started out in size 26 pants and now I wear size 14. It's crazy to think how much has happened in a year!

That's brilliant being size 14 now :thumbup: i was about size 12/14 when i got pregnant with my daughter and for my height 5 ft 7 i think that size clothes is good for me so wouldn't mind being that again. the smallest clothes i ever was was size 10 and i would never go lower than that. :) i am currently size 22 :( do you mind me asking how tall you are?
I understand about the meeting thing i don't think even if i could i would go to any meetings.

I'm 5'8 so just a tad taller than you :)
Size 12 will be amazing, if I get any lower than that I'll be thrilled lol

I'm 5'8 so just a tad taller than you :)
Size 12 will be amazing, if I get any lower than that I'll be thrilled lol

Makes me laugh now that i use to think i was fat when i was size 10 lol i would kill to just be size 14 now :)
Im really not looking forward to Christmas with all the bad food about, im struggling enough now to stick to not eating crap don't know how im going to manage then lol will you be sticking to the dieting over the Christmas period or are you having a couple of days off from it?

lol I know what you mean. I used to think I was huge at 150 lbs. If only I knew then what I do now!

I'll refrain from most things over Christmas but that doesn't mean I won't indulge a little bit. I won't go crazy but for things like Christmas dinner I will eat what I want within reason. I won't eat more than my stomach allows (I won't go overfull) and I'll eat a little bit of dessert without going crazy.

You can do it! Try and keep something healthy close by and drink a lot of water. And if you need to talk I'm here :)

lol I know what you mean. I used to think I was huge at 150 lbs. If only I knew then what I do now!

I'll refrain from most things over Christmas but that doesn't mean I won't indulge a little bit. I won't go crazy but for things like Christmas dinner I will eat what I want within reason. I won't eat more than my stomach allows (I won't go overfull) and I'll eat a little bit of dessert without going crazy.

You can do it! Try and keep something healthy close by and drink a lot of water. And if you need to talk I'm here :)

Thank you that's very kind of you :hugs: do you mind if i add you as a friend on here? ok if no, ive just realized that i have been on here for 6 months and have no friends added, billy no mates :haha:

I was classed as obese when I was pregnant with my son. I did IVF and tried for 5 years before hand. Although my tubes were discovered to be blocked (no not from FAT lol).

That said, I had a fantastic pregnancy, and a 1.2 hour birth which was such an amazing experience.

Not saying that you should be overweight to be preggers, but not all women fall into the "oh your fat so you're putting your child at risk and will have a horrid pregnancy/birth" category.....

That said, I have gained a HUGE amount of weight since my son lol, so I do plan on getting into much better shape before #2.

Hi there!

I was obese when i got pregnant with my daughter, ive always been obese but very active. I was 225 when i got pregnant & weighed 255 when i delivered. Full term and she was healthy & 5 1/2 lbs. She is now six & the head of her class in 1st grade. Very proud of her!
Since i have hashimotos thyroid disease it is very difficult to lose weight. I eat only fruits, veggies, chicken & turkey. I did p90x & cant wait to do it again. In the last two years went from 320 lbs to 235. & now im pregnant! I will continue pregnancy exercises & my elliptical machine which im addicted to!

I was classed as obese when I was pregnant with my son. I did IVF and tried for 5 years before hand. Although my tubes were discovered to be blocked (no not from FAT lol).

That said, I had a fantastic pregnancy, and a 1.2 hour birth which was such an amazing experience.

Not saying that you should be overweight to be preggers, but not all women fall into the "oh your fat so you're putting your child at risk and will have a horrid pregnancy/birth" category.....

That said, I have gained a HUGE amount of weight since my son lol, so I do plan on getting into much better shape before #2.

Thank you for your reply :) That is so brilliant that after so long of trying you finally had baby, and what a little cutie :) my sister has been TTC for 4 years now and hearing your story makes you think there is still a chance for her :thumbup: did you go through clomid first before IVF treatment? this is hopefully the plan for my sister she will fingers crossed find out next month if and when she starts.

When would you hopefully like to try to have #2?

that's great that you didn't have any complications with pregnancy and labour because of the extra weight :thumbup: if i can just get in the not obese category at least for when i TTC.

Hi there!

I was obese when i got pregnant with my daughter, ive always been obese but very active. I was 225 when i got pregnant & weighed 255 when i delivered. Full term and she was healthy & 5 1/2 lbs. She is now six & the head of her class in 1st grade. Very proud of her!
Since i have hashimotos thyroid disease it is very difficult to lose weight. I eat only fruits, veggies, chicken & turkey. I did p90x & cant wait to do it again. In the last two years went from 320 lbs to 235. & now im pregnant! I will continue pregnancy exercises & my elliptical machine which im addicted to!

Thank you for your reply :) a big congratulations on the pregnancy :happydance: are you hoping for a boy this time or :yellow: ?

That's great that you a good labour etc :thumbup:

Well done on how much weight you lost that's brilliant, is that your weight now 235 lbs?

Hi there!

Thank you for your reply :) a big congratulations on the pregnancy :happydance: are you hoping for a boy this time or :yellow: ?

Well done on how much weight you lost that's brilliant, is that your weight now 235 lbs?

Yes, my weight now is 235, I wear size 18 pants & xl tops. I'm hoping to only gain 20 lbs this time & I'm walking a lot this time. 2-4 miles a day plus my videos & elliptical. I like to stay active. After baby I'm hoping to get down to 175. I've never been any lower.

Oh & we are hoping for a boy this time, but we don't really care, we are thrilled with either!

Good luck with your weight loss & journey!

I think it is very important to be in good shape when falling pregnant, for mom and bub's safety. So many things can go wrong when being overweight and if your body is in good condition it would be easier to treat a health problem if needed.

It is my goal to become slim again before conceiving the second child.

Thank you for your reply :) That is so brilliant that after so long of trying you finally had baby, and what a little cutie :) my sister has been TTC for 4 years now and hearing your story makes you think there is still a chance for her :thumbup: did you go through clomid first before IVF treatment? this is hopefully the plan for my sister she will fingers crossed find out next month if and when she starts.

that's great that you didn't have any complications with pregnancy and labour because of the extra weight :thumbup: if i can just get in the not obese category at least for when i TTC.

Thank you :)
I did try Clomid, it wasn't until our 4th year and a Lap done that we discovered the blocked tubes (I also have PCOS). But I did almost 18 months of Clomid, and MC during that time.

I am hoping for # 2 in 2013. :happydance:

Thank you! We think he's a cutie too :baby:

With my first pregnancy I was a healthy weight and had a perfect bmi. I developed gestational diabetes and was classed as a high risk pregnancy with lots of extra hospital appointments, consultant led care and I was induced at 39 weeks. With my second pregnancy I was about 21lbs overweight but had a 'text book' pregnancy. I ate a lot better the second time around and carried on doing light exercises. I didn't put as much weight on as a result of this. What I'm trying to say is that yes it is always a good idea to be as healthy as possible before conceiving but if youre not at your desired weight, there are measures that you can take to ensure a healthier pregnancy ie swimming, healthy diet etc.

Hi there!

Yes, my weight now is 235, I wear size 18 pants & xl tops. I'm hoping to only gain 20 lbs this time & I'm walking a lot this time. 2-4 miles a day plus my videos & elliptical. I like to stay active. After baby I'm hoping to get down to 175. I've never been any lower.

Oh & we are hoping for a boy this time, but we don't really care, we are thrilled with either!

Good luck with your weight loss & journey!

How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? 140/147 lbs is the smallest i have ever been and im 5 ft 7

Thank you :) and good luck with your pregnancy :hugs:

I think it is very important to be in good shape when falling pregnant, for mom and bub's safety. So many things can go wrong when being overweight and if your body is in good condition it would be easier to treat a health problem if needed.

Thank you for your reply :) when are you hoping to start TTC #2 ? i intend to use the remaining time i have to get as healthy as possible. :)

Thank you :)
I did try Clomid, it wasn't until our 4th year and a Lap done that we discovered the blocked tubes (I also have PCOS). But I did almost 18 months of Clomid, and MC during that time.

I am hoping for # 2 in 2013. :happydance:

Thank you! We think he's a cutie too :baby:

sorry to hear about your MC :( 18 months on clomid i thought it was something like 6 months the longest you could take it :shrug: maybe depends where you live :)

Good luck with when you try for # 2, i will keep an eye out for you to see how things go for you, that's if you don't mind :)

With my first pregnancy I was a healthy weight and had a perfect bmi. I developed gestational diabetes and was classed as a high risk pregnancy with lots of extra hospital appointments, consultant led care and I was induced at 39 weeks. With my second pregnancy I was about 21lbs overweight but had a 'text book' pregnancy. I ate a lot better the second time around and carried on doing light exercises. I didn't put as much weight on as a result of this. What I'm trying to say is that yes it is always a good idea to be as healthy as possible before conceiving but if youre not at your desired weight, there are measures that you can take to ensure a healthier pregnancy ie swimming, healthy diet etc.

Thank you for your reply :) That's not nice having gestational diabetes :( my sister had this also with her 3rd.
I think with the next pregnancy i will take even more care with what i ate even though i ate pretty healthy i will definitely not have in my head "oh im eating for 2" so i can have bigger portions :)
are you planning on having any more children or is 2 enough?

Thank you for your reply :) when are you hoping to start TTC #2 ? i intend to use the remaining time i have to get as healthy as possible. :)

Hopefully sometime next year when my husband is ready. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->