What is the best treatment for Unexplained Infertility

Clovercandy

Reaction score
What's the point of clomid or femara if I already ovulate good and herbs that will just mess up my hormones...?

What to do....??

:wacko:

Have u gone thru unexplained infertility? If so, what did you do to get your BFP and what is the action to take that had the most success rates?

The main thing is to figure out exactly when u ovulate. Are your cycles regular? Do you chart your BBT?

Everything is regular and I always know when I ovulate. I hate not knowing what is going on....

It says in your signature that you've been ttc since Dec 2012? So 9/10months? I know the wait is a killer but my ob told me that in a normal healthy couple with well timed intercourse it can take up to one year to conceive and that's considered normal. It took us 9 months (11 cycles) to conceive our first and it was just average according to my doctors office.

So while I totally understand your frustration having gone through it myself, I would just say take opks and continue to time sex to every other day during your fertile period and it will happen. If not then after a year most doctors will start to check and see if your tubes are blocked or see of your hormone levels are correct.

My luteal phase is 12 days.

I have done all the tests hsg, bloodwork etc it's all normal. I hope this is the month cause after an official year I'd be extremely worried...:nope:

I'm currently ovulating after getting a positive smiley face opk yesterday....I guess only time will tell.

What about male infertility testing ?

I have 4 children previously, my husband has no children and we TTC for 18 months before getting an HSG and having both tubes blocked. As i have no other issues (and i assum you've had ultra sounds, all blood work etc) and all his bloodwork and SA came back fine they believe we will conceive within 6 months and suggest i get another HSG at that point.

Honestly less than a year isn't unexplained infertility unless you're over 30 but more so over 35. I conceived with no BC with 3 years between pregnancies, they suspect i had a partially blocked and totally blocked tube and just never knew it. I never tried, we just didn't try didn't prevent (my ex husband and i). The reason TTC is so frustrating is because you know everything thats going on.

If you havent been tested for male fertility i suggest that, OPK, temping, charting and hoping for a littlr while. If everything else is fine sometimes you just have to give things a chance. As easy as it is to believe that anyone can get pregnant at the drop of a hat the chances are pretty slim every month even when trying, stupid biology :)

Plus you're in your 20s you really dont have a reason to be concerned until it's been 2 years despite what you're told

Also you dont need clomid if you have proof of ovulation, unless you're trying for twins

well, the reality is that it's only been 10 months. There's no such thing as unexplained infertility after only 10 months in someone as young as 22. So thats both the bad and good news.

What testing have you had done that would indicate (in)fertility ?

Hi sorry I haven't read all posts yet so I may be repeating but your signature says you've only been ttc since December and had one clomid round, so no doc would declare infertilty after 10 months ttc and even if you did need it one clomid round isn't really giving it a good shot so I definitely wouldn't be getting discouraged so soon. I'm not sure who told you that you had "unexplained infertility" but any doctor making a diagnosis like that so early should not be a doctor! Putting uncalled for worry on women like that :/
On average it takes a year for a healthy couple who are of perfect weight, neither of them drink, smoke or do drugs and who regularly exercise and only eat healthy foods. If this all doesn't fit you expect it to take longer.
Also stress can be a major inhibitor in your hormones not cooperating and it sounds like your stressing over it quite a bit.

Fingers crossed we all get there soon!

I've checked my tubes there're clear. Hormones good(bloodwork).

I just see some get pregnant so fast while others take so long. And there's people who smoke and drink who get pregnant faster then people who are not....it's just hurtful and confusing but I'm still patient.

I was hoping for a boost to fertility but I guess that's not around yet. Herbs and all that seem risky.

I'm now on TWW!!

Really hoping and praying it happens this month :)

When I was taking so long to get pregnant, I started taking pregnacare vitamins daily, quit smoking, and started doing opks. Within 3 months of making those changes I got pregnant. However, it's not to say that it was because of any of those changes, either. It could have been just simply because it worked that month where it didn't before.

Honestly I think the opks were the best thing I did as the month I got pregnant I got a positive opk at CD10 and ovulated on CD11. I never would have assumed I was ovulating so early and if I hadn't used an opk that month we would have totally missed the window.

When I was taking so long to get pregnant, I started taking pregnacare vitamins daily, quit smoking, and started doing opks. Within 3 months of making those changes I got pregnant. However, it's not to say that it was because of any of those changes, either. It could have been just simply because it worked that month where it didn't before.

Honestly I think the opks were the best thing I did as the month I got pregnant I got a positive opk at CD10 and ovulated on CD11. I never would have assumed I was ovulating so early and if I hadn't used an opk that month we would have totally missed the window.

Interesting. Pregnacare? And how many months total did it take for you to get pregnant? Did you use birth control before that?

I was on the pill for 10 years and went off it at the end of April 2011. I did not get my BFP until March 11, 2012. During my January 2012 cycle was when I started the multivitamin and the opks. January BFN, February, BFN, March BFP.

The multivitamin is Pregnacare Conception made by Vitabiotics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->