what is the confinement week?

B

bekki_d18

I have had a few episodes of sickness whilst being pregnant due to not being able to get out of bed due to sickness and today I have had diarrhoea all afternoon and a temperature. I am scared that work will force me onto maternity leave. Which they can after the confinement date, does anybody know when this is?

I'm pretty sure it's 4 weeks before your due date. X

Oh well that is fine they can force me then if they want as I have two weeks annual leave to take before as well. Just as I thought i was getting better my IBS has kicked back in with revenge. It has improved the past couple of months and now I am doubled over in agony and all my bubba wants to do is kick my bowels!!! Good job I love him lol xx

oh no big hugs!! Do u know what foods set your IBS off? Hope you feel better soon xx

At the moment it seems anything and everything. It is a pain in the backside. I was on tablets before but cannot take them whilst pregnant and my GP wants to do another Colonoscopy but again cant do it until after. I dont want to lose my job over this but I know by going into work and running backwards and forwards to the toilet whilst trying to do my job will not do me any favours as I am running myself into the ground.

oh no you poor thing fingers crossed, tomorrow is a better day and you feel better soon xx

usually a month or two depending on your health condition

Here in Aus you can work past 38 weeks with a Dr's certificate but I think the confinement is 36 weeks like everyone else has said.

In the uk it is 36 weeks (4 weeks before due date) and you have to be off sick with a pregnancy related illness

I would just be careful if you will be getting Statuatory Maternity Pay in regards to if you get full/half/none pay whilst off sick currently.
The first 6 weeks of SMP are at 90% of your average weekly earnings and I've read that this is calculated by looking at what you have earned in the 8 weeks prior to the SMP qualifying week (15 weeks before your due date so around 25 weeks?).
I'm currently on sick but only half pay (I'm 22 weeks) so I'm having to go back to work earlier than I would like to because otherwise my average weekly earnings will be mostly based on these 8 weeks part of which I've been off sick and only earning half of what I normally do! Therefore I expect the first 6 weeks of maternity I'll probably get less than what I would've done had I been on full pay :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->