What is the deal with progesterone levels???

Mearly12

Reaction score
I asked for my progesterone and beta hcg to be checked, since I had an early mc in July. I went in on 12dpo, and my progesterone came back 15.1 and my hcg 81.

I've read a lot of people say their doctors want the progesterone to be 20 or higher, and put them on supplements if it is lower. My doctor didn't say anything about my results. They will be redrawing my beta hcg but not the progesterone.

Is 15.1 too low? Why do other doctors care, and not mine? Did anyone else have a progesterone level like mine and have a healthy pregnancy?

Sorry if this sounds dumb, I just don't want another mc

The deal with progesterone is that some doctors believe it will help if started early enough in 1st tri, some believe it will only help if started right after ovulation, and some think it's of no help at all. It's only really helpful if your issue is low progesterone and not something else, and unless you've been tested for that (I think they do it right after ovulation but not sure) then it's impossible to know for sure. You can have low progesterone because the pregnancy started off as being not viable and no amount of supplement would help.

Your number of 15 sounds fine to me, especially since you're still so early. That's probably why they aren't testing again. Congratulations

Mine was 11! I was so mad at my docs for insisting that I wouldn't need supplements, but here I am almost 20 weeks so reluctantly I guess they were right. I'm not sure why everyone has such a different take on it, but I would say try not to worry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->