What is the most complicated thing to do now that you have a baby?

caitlyn2009

Reaction score
I was just thinking today about everything that is so much more complicated now that my daughter has arrived. I think the most complicated thing to do now is put gas in my car. If I don't have the money in the bank I have to drag her out and into the gas station, pay for the gas, talk to a million people about how old she is and what her name is, take her back to the car and then pump the gas LOL Needless to say I make sure I always have money on my bank card so I never have to leave the car. Please share what is now complicated for you.

Peeing while you're in a bathing suit in a public swimming pool while holding LO and towels and toy just before heading to the pool, because of course I need to pee right before and after swimming. I mean, what do you do? The floor is wet and presumably dirty, I can't leave him outside the stall. I can't leave him in the change room. I can't put the towels and his toys on the floor. I don't want to pee through my swimsuit or add to the fluid already on the toilet seat.

Eating out.

Leaving the house for more than 2 hours at a time. Actually haven't managed that for about 4 months now. :(

All of the above. Also going anywhere because my 2 month old daughter cries after 5mins of being in her car dear. Also bathing. and one on one time with my husband. I've been trying to upload pictures to my computer for 3 days now... I'm writing this on my iPod as I nurse her... That's the only way I can go on these forums!! So basically EVERYTHING!!! But I luv her and wouldn't change it!

Showering/getting hair & makeup somewhat done/being anywhere on time!!

Sex and sleep. Admittedly though, due to my fear of getting pregnant right away, I miss sleep more.

running quick errands. It used to be no big deal to jump in and out of the car. Now I have to unbuckle the car seat, bring him out, decide if I should use the stroller, baby carrier, or just hold him depending on how quick the errand is (he's quite heavy). Then jumping back in the car, buckling him up, just to run to the next stop etc. I now try to run my errands on weekends when my DH can watch him.

Eat!! It's like he gets annoyed cos I'm eating and he's not even if I've just fed him! Also showering.

Definitely walking the dog. Pre-baby it used to go like this: find i-pod, find lead. Attach lead to dog, go walkies...now it goes more like this: feed baby, find warm clothes for baby, change baby's clothes, find baby sling, put baby in sling, walk around house for 10s mins till baby stops crying whilst dodging the dog who has worked out that sling = walkies, find lead, attach lead to dog, sit down for a bit coz I'm nackered, eventually give in to dog's whining and go walkies. Exhausting!

Washing my hair!!! I swear lo knows everytime I try!

Sarah lo - so with you with the dog walking. Think I've finally got the routine sussed now (invovles locking dog out the garden unitl I'm ready!) but oh still needs me to help him do every step!!!

everything recently lol my lo is going through a clingy stage she wants to be cuddled all day long

When she was a baby, showering without a doubt!!
Once she got older I just switched to baths and had her in with me. Solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->