What is the most complicated thing to do now that you have a baby?

Trying to get on local public transport.I tried to get on the bus home yesterday and two buses just drove passed coz there was no room and then when one did let me on I got looked at like a was a piece of poop coz people at to get up for me.it took what should b a 10 min journey home,45 mins by which time Lola was crying coz she was hungry,won't b going out without dh driving me anywhere again soon lol xx

Everything, even going to a shopping centre and I forget just how much I have to plan around LO, where is the nearest lift? where is the nearest baby change? When does he need fed? Where can I feed him? lol

Well i'm a very new mummy and my peanut is in NICU due to be a 35 week prem baby. He's doing great and the 'us' time me and OH have got at home is greatfully taken when we're not at the hospital.

For me and I'm sure things will change once Isaac is home; is breastfeeding and keeping up with the flow etc. also the mess of it all! I'm on the edge of hiring a breast pump medela for £45 a month but money is super tight at the moment so need to think about either stop expressing or when Isaac is home persevering with trying latching on.

having to explain to everyone why we need to do things a little differently with Ellie cause she was prem and cause she has cerebal palsy everyday tasks (for babies) we need to do for Ellie, which makes it hard for us to watch

Im very lucky I can do housework etc when she sleeps she sleeps 2 hours in the am and 1 in the afternoon and down at 7 and has been like this from around 4 month and everynight I get a hot bath. But trying to juggle 2 kids and work and all Ellies hospital appointment are complicated and also when she was in spica cast changing her bum was complicated xx

Being ill...had flu the last few days and boy has it been hard, trying to have the energy and enthusiasm of mr tumble when the only tumbling you feel like doing is into your bed. Bleurgh!

Ladies I have to recommend the sling or baby carrier - especially for bus journeys and supermarket shopping :)

I have to say I havent found anything harder to do with her (she is always in the sling and i cloth nappy so i can change her on my lap LOL) but the washing is IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with. Espcially now she is weaning - im thinking of just letting her run naked lol x

I can't just 'pop to a shop' to pick up bread or whatever...I have to either battle with the buggy and get her out the car seat faffing around with toys which I always seem to manage to get tangled in and there is never enough space to open the door wide enough to get her out the ar seat with ease, or I carry just her (I usually opt for this because I'm lazy) or I carry her in the car seat. All 3 options then pose the difficulty of carrying a basket around the shop. If I carry her then she grabs my hair or tries to grab things off shelves, if she's in the cars seat my biceps want to explode after a few minutes as its incredily heavy and in the buggy it's difficult to steer with one hand and I end up crashing into elderly people.
Then comes the paying for the food and packing usually with one arm and using teeth.

Gone are the days of swishing majestically into places with the ease and stealth of a panther.

Ladies I have to recommend the sling or baby carrier - especially for bus journeys and supermarket shopping :)

I have to say I havent found anything harder to do with her (she is always in the sling and i cloth nappy so i can change her on my lap LOL) but the washing is IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with. Espcially now she is weaning - im thinking of just letting her run naked lol x

I have a moby wrap carrier but for some reason she hates it. I've only used it 3 times and that was round the house or just to the shop on the corner and she screamed her head off. I don't understand why but its made me reluctant to use it when I actually need to get things done, in case I just end up upsetting her :shrug:

Showering/getting hair & makeup somewhat done/being anywhere on time!!

Hi MissFish,

This may be a silly question, but what is this bright green potty-look-a-like your LO is sitting in and what is its purpose if I may ask? :haha: I am very interested to know what it is for....:winkwink:

P.S. Just to share, I think for me the hardest part is keeping up a good and steady - making my hair look nice- make up and puting on some decent clothes - routine. :dohh:

It's a bumbo chair. It assists babies who are able to hold their heads up with sitting :flower:

Try turning her around in the wrap if you can, my LO faced out in the carrier from 11 weeks as she was getting bored facing me!

Well i'm a very new mummy and my peanut is in NICU due to be a 35 week prem baby. He's doing great and the 'us' time me and OH have got at home is greatfully taken when we're not at the hospital.

For me and I'm sure things will change once Isaac is home; is breastfeeding and keeping up with the flow etc. also the mess of it all! I'm on the edge of hiring a breast pump medela for £45 a month but money is super tight at the moment so need to think about either stop expressing or when Isaac is home persevering with trying latching on.

I feel for you there on the costs! I rented for 3 months before we really got him latching well and then had to buy a pump anyway for when I went back to work and to handle my oversupply. I do think you should compare total cost of each option - including formula. How long you want to BF for will also figure if its worth the extra effort right now.
What about a hand-pump? It would be more work now, but if you don't plan on pumping exclusively forever then it would be cheaper than renting an electric or buying etc.

I will say the hospital-grade pumps are GREAT for building your supply though!

shopping im never attempting again on my own! If I do I get a big trolley and put the car seat in it which doesnt leave room for the shopping! I take OH with me now...

and showering - impossible!!

and trying to find clothes that are clean and not covered in sick!

Hi MissFish,

This may be a silly question, but what is this bright green potty-look-a-like your LO is sitting in and what is its purpose if I may ask? :haha: I am very interested to know what it is for....:winkwink:

P.S. Just to share, I think for me the hardest part is keeping up a good and steady - making my hair look nice- make up and puting on some decent clothes - routine. :dohh:

Hi hun, it's called a Bumbo. It's a little seat, no real purpose! It's neat though because the seat part is really deep so although LO doesn't have the back strength to sit up on her own as long as they can hold their head they can sit upright. It also has a little snap on tray. I love it!! Esp since Yari wants to be sat up at all times now lol

Right now, it's cleaning! The past few days, Rowan hasn't wanted me to put him down so getting pretty much anything done (especially cleaning) is next to impossible unless he's asleep.

Hi MissFish,

Hi hun, it's called a Bumbo. It's a little seat, no real purpose! It's neat though
because the seat part is really deep so although LO doesn't have the back strength to sit up on her own as long as they can hold their head they can sit upright. It also has a little snap on tray. I love it!! Esp since Yari wants to be sat up at all times now lol

We have one too, theyre fab! :thumbup:

For me, its showering, makeup, presentation etc! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"