What is the one thing you wish

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
you hadn't started as a habit with your LO that is now haunting you and you now have to break that habit?

Well I think all of you could guess mine :blush: Letting Hannah sleep in our arms during the day! Although I do love spending the time with her, it's proving to be a very hard habit to break

Until the last week or so, Katie went to sleep on her own. Because she is teething and got her injections, I've been carrying her in my arms and rocking her to sleep before bedtime. Hope I don't have to do this every night!:hissy:

not a thing....Katie is pretty laid back (apart from teething this week :hissy: ) goes to sleep herself, no dummies, no habits at all :)

Great thread leeanne! I look forward to hearing ppls responses so I know what not to do, lol.
I am with your mamfy, Savannah doesn't have a dummy (actually last time she had one it made her throw up), and goes to sleep in her bassinette by herself. So far so good but it's still very early days

not a thing....Katie is pretty laid back (apart from teething this week :hissy: ) goes to sleep herself, no dummies, no habits at all :)

Jayce is the same way... But Willaim, OH MAN, Willaim thinks he runs this household, no joke... He was my first and I think I may have spoiled him a bit, or ALOT too much!!
There are a few bad habits, one is him getting to watch a movie in his bed everynight when he goes to bed, another is thinking he gets a toy everytime we go to a store, or a treat everytime we stop at the gas station (those 2 are getting better though, thank god cause my kid has expensive taste, lol) and as a baby he was very clingy and he always wanted to be held, now of course I can't carry him everywhere, but he follows me around the house like a lost puppy, he even tries to follow me to the bathroom...I'm always tripping over him cause he's constantly under my feet!!

Definately rocking Jack to sleep - he won't go down unless I do - in fact for the last two days he won't go down to sleep full stop!:hissy:

As far as dummy-wise, I took Coltons away at 4 months, and so far so good. We even gave it back to him and he plays with it now.. never sucks on it though-so I guess thats good as he doesn't need it for comfort or anything; although he will chew on it and now it has chew marks all over it! :blush:
I think Colton's worst is co-sleeping. I love cuddling, really I do. But I feel like it's not so good for him to be so dependent on me for something as easy as going to sleep. And I feel like it will be a pain in the neck a few years from now if he still isn't sleeping on his own.
The only other one is not letting him play in the floor enough. Since we live with OH's mother he never gets floor time. He has become addicted to being held and has many many days where he just wants to be held constantly (wont even let me go potty). Also, I think it's effected his arm strength and crawling. He's almost 8 months old and isn't even getting on his hands and knees yet and I feel thats my fault :sad1:
But thats it. I love the little guts out of him! :cloud9:

Jayce is the same way... But Willaim, OH MAN, Willaim thinks he runs this household, no joke... He was my first and I think I may have spoiled him a bit, or ALOT too much!!
There are a few bad habits, one is him getting to watch a movie in his bed everynight when he goes to bed, another is thinking he gets a toy everytime we go to a store, or a treat everytime we stop at the gas station (those 2 are getting better though, thank god cause my kid has expensive taste, lol) and as a baby he was very clingy and he always wanted to be held, now of course I can't carry him everywhere, but he follows me around the house like a lost puppy, he even tries to follow me to the bathroom...I'm always tripping over him cause he's constantly under my feet!!

LOL At least you can get him to bed. Mine sleeps on the couch. ROFL!

And the treat thing, oh, yes, going through that one!

Jayden was very clingy to me up until 6 months ago. They grow out of it hon! Well, he did anyhow. I barely get a goodbye when he goes into his kindergarten class.

For me its giving him the dummy ..I wish i had never given him that when he was born ..I have to get at least 6 times at night cause he makes it fall

Well I think all of you could guess mine :blush: Letting Hannah sleep in our arms during the day! Although I do love spending the time with her, it's proving to be a very hard habit to break

Snap!

She's asleep in my arms now I'm struggling to keep my eyes open but as soon as I move her she'll wake up

ok gonna sound like a cow i dont have one jack is really laid back and easily falls to sleep now he was hard in the first few weeks but is ace now xxx

I had the same problem, however I started to let him go to sleep and then put him into his rocker chair on vibrate and he would be in there for hours, however now I also put him on the sofa with a blanket and he then gets used to going sleep n e where :)

For me its giving him the dummy ..I wish i had never given him that when he was born ..I have to get at least 6 times at night cause he makes it fall
That would be mine too! I can't wait until he starts to find it and put it in himself, he does it in the day ! :dohh:

ditto!!!!

im sorry:blush: but i dont have any with any of my girls, they are all independent ellie is so independant does everything for herself, emma is the same and lucy goes to sleep by herself is happy to just sit in her chair awake just looking around and talking to her little friend ladybird that hangs from the bar lol:rofl: and i can set my watch by her with going to bed and waking up. shes in bed by latest 10pm then wakes at the earlist 7am.:happydance: ive never given dummies dont believe in them and i think its just something else to get them out of. so im a happy mummy.

Everytime Toju stirred, cried in pain or immediately he woke up, i'd pick him up. now everytime he wakes up for whatever reason, sometimes when he coughs or a fart wakes him up:dohh:.. he expects me to carry hm for a bit, he just cant go back to sleep on his own if he wakes up for any reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->