What Is This eBay Seller Up Too?

Lellow

Déjà poo ... Get it?
Reaction score
Hiya :flow:

So, ive been watching 2 scarves over the past few days, one finished around 6pm, the other at 9pm…both from the same seller.

This seller is new to eBay apparently, has 0 feedback, but that didn’t put me off, I looked at what they have to sell and its all brand new scarves with a starting price of 99p.

So I bid on the first scarf, it reached £3.50 and I got outbid, auction ended and that was the end of it.
20 mins later, I got a message from eBay, via the seller to give me a second chance offer to buy the scarf for £3…i really liked the scarf, so I accepted the offer, paid, end of.

Come almost 9pm, I start bidding on the second scarf, it reached £3.90, I was again outbid, auction ended, so I got back to watching BBC 3 :haha:

Now this morning, I checked eBay again and I received another message from the seller giving me a second chance offer on the second scarf for £3.50…This time I declined as it seemed a bit strange to me that this should happen twice from the same seller with hours of the auctions ending.

Im inclined to think that the seller is getting a second person to bid on there items, bumping up the price then offering it to the real bidder for a slightly lower price than the one it had been won with.

What do you guys think? Would you say my suspicions are right?
If so, what can I do about it?

Thanks for reading and any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

:flower:

It sounds like you could be right with the second person bidding, put a complaint in to ebay and they should sort it x

Hiya :flow:

So, ive been watching 2 scarves over the past few days, one finished around 6pm, the other at 9pm…both from the same seller.

This seller is new to eBay apparently, has 0 feedback, but that didn’t put me off, I looked at what they have to sell and its all brand new scarves with a starting price of 99p.

So I bid on the first scarf, it reached £3.50 and I got outbid, auction ended and that was the end of it.
20 mins later, I got a message from eBay, via the seller to give me a second chance offer to buy the scarf for £3…i really liked the scarf, so I accepted the offer, paid, end of.

Come almost 9pm, I start bidding on the second scarf, it reached £3.90, I was again outbid, auction ended, so I got back to watching BBC 3 :haha:

Now this morning, I checked eBay again and I received another message from the seller giving me a second chance offer on the second scarf for £3.50…This time I declined as it seemed a bit strange to me that this should happen twice from the same seller with hours of the auctions ending.

Im inclined to think that the seller is getting a second person to bid on there items, bumping up the price then offering it to the real bidder for a slightly lower price than the one it had been won with.

What do you guys think? Would you say my suspicions are right?
If so, what can I do about it?

Thanks for reading and any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

:flower:

it's called shill bidding is very common on ebay but is totally against their rules. Report it hun xxx

It does sound like she has a friend or someone bumping bids for her, you can look and see if it was the same person who bought both, i would report it to ebay as they are very against this :flower:

It's shilling and illegal on eBay.

Report them and then check the winning bidders percentage against the seller.

Bet it is quite high.

V xx

do do do do do do inspector Lellow do do do do do.

Yes that does sound suspect.

By the way the first line was to the theme of inspector gadget, in case you didn't get it :haha:

Thanks guys, im gonna investigate further.

V - The other bidder has 40 feedback :wacko:

Blondey - Me and Inspector Gadget are like this *crosses fingers* :haha:

It could be that or it could just be that they have several of the same scarves and don't want to have to pay to relist them maybe?

It does sound suss, but yea I was gonna say it could be they genuinely had more than 1 of the scarves...

New account maybe suggests they know what theyre doing, have already been caught out and have a new account to try again...

do do do do do do inspector Lellow do do do do do.

Yes that does sound suspect.

By the way the first line was to the theme of inspector gadget, in case you didn't get it :haha:

:haha: That little inspector gadget song just made me really laugh! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->