What is this god awful pain in my crotch? !

hanni

Reaction score
Like seriously! It feels like someone's just kicked me really hard right in the foof. I can hardly walk. Is this normal?

I had this too at around 7 or 8 weeks, it was like stabbing pains and would come and go. It hasn't happened since though and I'm 11 weeks now - no idea what it was! X

Round ligament pain??? I didn't have this with #1 until the 2nd and 3rd trimester but I called it lightening crotch. I really couldn't think of any other way to describe it. It would get so bad I couldn't walk.

Lighting crotch?
Definitely sounds like it but I thought that didn't come till later.

I've had 2 sorts of pain, both gone now thankfully, one is fanny daggers, the other is like I'm all bruised and swollen constantly.
Xx

Lighting crotch?

LOL, yes. I couldn't think of a better way to describe it when talking to my doctor. It literally felt like there was lighting striking up through my groin area. It would stop me dead in my tracks and there would be a jolt of "lightening" every time I tried to take a step.

It's round ligament pain. I didn't have it too early with DS1, maybe around 24 weeks or so. But this time around I started getting it pretty early, probably right after I found out at about 7 weeks.

Ive had it from about 6 weeks and it was at its worst between week 7-8 and now its very rare i get it!!

Ive been assured its normal :)

It was my first pregnancy symptom both times. Hurts like hell :( Thankfully now at just about 13 weeks I don't seem to be getting it anymore. Last time was about 10 days ago.

Eta: lightning crotch and fanny daggers made me lol ;) Perfect descriptions!

Thanks ladies! I pulled an 11 hour night shift on my feet all the time last night and it seams to have subsided. Fingers crossed I don't get any more.

I could totally understand it later on but seams strange to get it so early.

Lighting crotch?

LOL, yes. I couldn't think of a better way to describe it when tDalking to my doctor. It literally felt like there was lighting striking up through my groin area. It would stop me dead in my tracks and there would be a jolt of "lightening" every time I tried to take a step.
I wasn't questioning lighting crotch as the name of it hun! I think that's a pretty well known name for it! So you were right on track! Lol

I found mine was worse if i over did it at work or doing house work.. I also had a scan at 7weeks2 when they were at there worst and baby was fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->