• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is your baby doing?

wannabemomy37

~ Waiting ~
Reaction score
Hey mama's just looking for other examples of daily schedules with your babies? My son is ebf 9.5mo and still not on a true schedule. I'm looking for tips on how to get a routine going. Thanks!

My daughter will be 9 months in about a week. I keep feeding and naps pretty rigidly scheduled, but I am not sure it is always a positive thing! Sometimes I wish I could go with the flow but I just can't seem to break the habit. Anyways, this is our day:

8:00am. Wake up and have a bottle
10:30 breakfast immediately followed by a nap
12:30 wake up and have a bottle
1:30pm snack while big sister eats lunch
3:30pm lunch immediately followed by a nap
5:00pm wake up and have a bottle
7:00pm dinner
8:30pm story time with big sister and get ready for bed
9:00pm bottle immediately followed by bed

It varies day to day by about half an hour either way (though bedtime never changes!)

She really has no interest in 4 bottles a day. I know I really need to just give her lunch when her big sister eats lunch and then give her one mid-day bottle before her afternoon nap, but things have been going so smoothly lately so I have been putting off changing anything.

We do things so late because my husband doesn't get home from work until 7:00pm and I like all sitting down together as a family for dinner every night.

My son is about 6 months and Im also breast feeding. We don't have a schedule though I wish we did. If you're feeding on demand, i find it difficult to make a daily schedule. Also with breastfeeding, i think sleeping is always on the fritz. Atleast for us it is. I couldn't schedule a bed/nap time even If I wanted to

Babies usually fall into some sort of routine of their own. I tend to try to work around my babies' natural routines most of the time and try to slowly change them to match what I want. For example, we do lunch at 12pm and then quiet time from 1pm-3pm, so this is the ideal time for a nap. My baby was naturally napping from 11:30-2:30pm, so I clearly had to change this. I kept him busy so he would stay up a little later every day until he was going to sleep at 1 and eating lunch on time. My other kids go to bed at 8pm, and my baby was napping from 7-8pm and then staying up until 11, so we sleep trained him so he would go to bed at 10, then 9 (for a month!), then 8 with his siblings. Now, our schedule is very strict and sometimes, being a baby, my baby will try to nap at 11am instead of 1pm. No matter what, if he naps early, he will only take a short nap, and he will NOT nap again once he's fallen asleep even for a second, so I will try to keep him up until his normal nap time so he will sleep long enough.

I am not above putting my little one in a high chair with some food if I need to, to keep him awake just a little longer. Sometimes, the rise in blood sugar is all a baby needs to stay awake a bit longer.

We'll also play games or something, but if he's super cranky and miserable, I'll try a bath. If they're crabby, put them in water. My kids love baths, and he will try his best to stay awake so he can enjoy his bath. If it puts him half an hour closer to his normal schedule, it makes it easier for me to get him back on schedule for the next part of our day.

I usually start scheduling my babies right away, but my fourth born was so colicky that this didn't happen. I didn't start scheduling him until he was 8 months old. It was just as easy as getting my newborns into a routine.

We have avague routine, I followed a very strict one with my other kids but go with the flow with Emma.

She gets up between 6:30-7:30, naps 3 times a day, breastfeeds whenever, sometimes eats food and goes to bed about 7pm.

Well that is really vague isn't it haha!

My son almost 10mths

Awake 7am. Milk and breakfast straight away
Nap at 9ish - 30/40mins
11am lunch main and pudding
Sleep 12 till 2ish
2pm milk ( not v interested in it atm)

4ish dinner . Main and pudding
Bath at 6pm
Milk and bed at 6.30pm

This is the first time we've had a routine, my other 4 didn't have one until about 2 years, he has put himself into it though and we work around him.

6.30-7.00- wakes plus 6oz bottle of milk
9.30- breakfast
10.30- 11.30- morning nap (sometimes has a 6oz bottle but is gradually reducing this)
1.00- lunch
3.00-4.00- afternoon nap
4.30- 6oz bottle of milk
5.30- dinner
7.30- 6oz bottle and sleep (always falls asleep downstairs)
11.30- 6oz bottle and straight back to sleep in cot until morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->