What is your LO's bedtime routine?

Hopipolla

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of altering my sons bedtime routine as he is fighting bedtime at the moment. He's just turned two and until recently, he would go to bef at 7.30 in bed by himself no problems. It is now taking until around 9pm before he goes to sleep. He just does seem tired. He is worse on days he has been to nursery. He still has a day time nap after dinner at 12:30 for an hour. Bedtime starts with bath at 6 then he watches in thr night garden. I take him to his room at 7 and then i take him upstairs and talk about what he's done that day. Then it's story then bed.

It was working but he will not sleep anymore. I have to keep putting him back to bed until about 9pm when he will finally give in! No changes at home. I know this can be a common phase at two. What's your LO's bedtime routine? I'm thinking of what changes could be made to make bedtime a little easier! Thanks

We have a routine- sorta. lol. It's dinner- then play time- then upstairs early for final snack/milk and cuddle time in our room. She only baths every other day or so- then it's PJ/Lotion/Nighttime Diaper on... then we head to her room to brush teeth- read (if she wants) and hang for a bit. Then I leave her be and she plays in her room till she's ready to fall asleep- she's always needed a good amount of downtime in her room till she was ready to sleep. At this age and since she moved to a toddler bed- we just let her alone and she'll crawl into bed when ready. Sometimes she'll need us in there with her more or less-- but right now, she might come out of her room 1-2x's- but some nights not at all (like last night).

When LO does come out- we simply take her back. lay her down- give cuddles and leave.... till she does ok on her own :)

It probably just a phase but we had a problem where he was getting too wide awake having a story straight before bed so now we do the following

6pm tea
6.45pm upstairs for run around and stories
7.10pm bath
7.25pm put pyjamas on in dark room and have a drink of water then straight into bed

He'd get all chilled out in the bath and then wake up again and changing it helped.

After dinner we have free time until 7:30 or 8. She takes a bath if she needs a bath. We do pjs, teeth and diaper change and she climbs in her bed. We do "covers and kisses" and then we walk out and she goes to sleep. She used to get out of her bed and walk around for a while but we would tell her over the monitor to get back in her bed. She also has a door knob cover on the inside of her door so she can't open the door. Maybe let him have some books to read by himself while he settles?

We start our bedtime routine around 7:30 p.m. each night
1. Bath
2. Teeth brushed
3. Bedtime stories
4. Song
5. Prayers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members