What is YOUR name (and your partners!)?

I'm a Victoria but my parents call me by my middle name Rose. I was never keen on my name when little but have grown to love it as I've got older. Most people call me Vic.

Hubby is called Gary his parents thought you couldn't shorten it :haha:

Hi mines Linsey Ann I hate it never liked it and I don't think I ever will lol very popular I think.

My OH is Called Kenneth (Ken) Malcolm (middle name) And his surname is Cameron he has three first names for all of his name im not sure what he thinks of it though.

My name is Trisha, not Patricia, just Trisha. I dislike it but, I've not really met someone my age with my name. I like my middle names though. I go by Trish.

My OH is Lewis, he likes his name.

My name is the most common feminine version of Maximus (which hopefully you all know as I'm trying to prevent real life stalkers!)

I LOVE it. I've always felt so lucky to have this name. The only drawback is being called Max, which bugged me a lot when I was a little girl wanting to feel at least a bit feminine! (I was a tomboy) I love the full version as it's not very common yet everyone knows how to spell it and I get lots of compliments on it too.

My name is Victoria, shortened to Tori. Problems I had growing up ( and still now) is people shortening it to Vicky. Its just not my name. I love Tori though, and have never been picked on because of it.

Hubby's name is Luke which we both love. Not that common where we live and he's never had any problems.

Great idea for a thread!

My name is Skye, I was never teased, everyone loves it.

My name is Stacey and i've always loved it, haven't had any problems with it at all. It usually gets shortened to Stace :)

My OHs is Christopher, everyone calls him Chris ........except me and his Mum :lol:

I'm Zoe Elizabeth. I always hated my first name - I felt it was ugly & probably would have preferred a more common name, but I don't mind it so much now. :)

& OH is Conor Michael. As far as I know he doesn't mind it...... It does get misspelled SOOO often! Connor, Conner etc. CONOR is the traditional irish version I believe.... and a lot less common than being spelt any of the other ways.

Im Cerise (Seh-reese) which is a pink/red colour and it means cherry in French, my middle name is Jade
Hubby is Ben :flower:

Helen Louise here. Don't mind it too much. My friends call me Ellie

Guy I'm seeing is called Jon. Not short for Jonathan and I don't think he's got a middle name

My name is Vanessa :flower: I ADORE my name, always have. The only thing is that when I was in school people were forever trying to shorten it, and I like it the way it is. It was always Van or Nessie or something. Eventually people got the message when I refused to respond to it :haha: So I'm always Vanessa.

My husband's name is David. He likes it but it tends to become Dave, he was introduced to me as Dave. But he goes by a completely random nickname to his parents and siblings, and we call each other Pie, so it's generally friends who call him Dave.

How Funny. Im Vanessa with a Dave too.

I always used to hate Van or Nessie too. Even worse V!!

I'm a Victoria but my parents call me by my middle name Rose. I was never keen on my name when little but have grown to love it as I've got older. Most people call me Vic.

My DD is Victoria and we call her "Tori," too. My ex-husband picked the name, which I almost vetoed because of the "Vicky" possibility. But then he suggested Tori and I love it. She's very bubbly and precocious, so Tori suits her well and we get compliments all the time on it. Only drawback? People assume she's named after Tori Spelling or Tori Amos....nope.

im Michelle...which i dnt mind but it gets shortened to Mich all the time...so i normally say my name is Chelle. also any one over the age of 40 just sings Michelle my bell'

hubby is Edward...which i love, but he hates. he known as Edd (double dd is important app.) and teddy at work.

My name is Shauna, which is a bit of an odd name in my opinion. I am not sure why my Dad was dead set on naming me this and sometimes wished they had went with their original name and called me "Hope". People always spell my name wrong and sometimes get it confused with "Shaynah". I see nothing nice or pretty about my name but I have had many men tell me it's pretty. :shrug:

My OH's name is Alexander but he goes by Alex. He has a super common name and really there is nothing special about it.

:flower:

My real name is Adriana but everyone calls me Andrea and my husband calls me Ann. My husband is from Italy his name is Nicola, but me and everyone call him Nick :flower:

My name is Reilly and I have always liked having somewhat of a unique name, but it was hard growing up not being able to find my name on the keychains in the stores. :p I also get a lot of "my dog's name is Reilly/Riley!" or "My _______'s dog's name is Reilly/Riley!" so that is kinda annoying. But overall I like my name and how it connects to my Irish heritage, especially now that I'm married and my lovely Irish surname is gone.

My husband's name is David (some people call him Dave) and he doesn't like it that much.

My name is Alix Amy. I like it :) I always get asked if itss alexandria though, which its not, and I always find myself saying 'Alix with an I not an e'. My friends and family call me aly usually.

My OH is Tyrone Robert, he likes it, his dads called tyrone too :). People know him as Tye. X

My name is Nikita.iv always loved it as I was always the only one around.lol.
My oh's name is Brian, I like it,he thinks its pretty boring and a bit funny for his time (born 1985) but his bros name is Graeme and that is a bit more funny for his age. All his family have common names but my mum named me and my sister Nikita and Rhianna.we probably seem a bit weird to them.lol

my name is Anna. Love it always have, just not a fan of anne, annie, anna banana. yup always got made fun of for it. my principle in elementary introduced me as anna banana infront of 4 schools who came for a school play ( i was main character and gave a small speech after. ) i was humilitate. oh well i lived. My soon to be husbands name is Raymond. Always goes by Ray though. He likes it because its pretty unique where we live. He got teased and called. Rayray, Ray charles, Raymondo, and stuff like that but he enjoys it. Our daughters name is Evelyn Grace. Only part i dont like about it is that everyone calls her Evie or Evy, and i do not like it. but i cant stop people lol. If we ever have a boy though we'll be naming him Deklen ( declen) because ive always loved it. Though i hope people spell it right.

I'm Gail other half is Nathan I like my name not a lot of black girls called Gail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->