What is YOUR name (and your partners!)?

I'm Lisa
DH is Clayton

I grew up hating my name. Other girls always had cute or pretty names and mine was just plain and boring. I was never made fun of for it or anything, I just wanted something prettier. As an adult, however, I love my name just fine. =) It's not too sticky sweet and cutesie, and suits me quite well. I always wanted to be named Jennifer. But knowing who I am now, that would not have fit my personality. My mom did a good job. My father wanted to name me Christine. I always hated that name growing up (Chris sounded so masculine, Chrissy was too cutesie for me), so felt fortunate that I didn't get that one.

I love DH's name. He's never been made fun of for it, it's not too out there but not terribly common, either. Strong, manly, charming....... Nice name.

My name is Cassidy Lynn. I've always liked it, it's unique and i've rarely met another Cassidy. Lynn is after my mother's middle name and my first daughter will also have the middle name Lynn.

My fiance's name is Kevin Lavern. I don't think he minds his first name, but hates his middle name. It's after his grandpa.

My name is Chelsea, which I like. People often shorten it as Chels but I like that as well. My boyfriends name is Wesley, he goes by Wes, which I love because it's not a name that's super popular. :)

Katie Lyn - I love my name, although ppl always ask if its short for katherine or katelyn, and then the one n thing.mostly its spelled lynn, i prefer lyn - so did my mom - since its on my bc. lol mostly people call me katie, kate, kates non of these bother me. if my name wasn't katie, i would be naming my daughter it

Trevor - he doesn't mind it, i dont mind it, mostly goes by trevor or trev, sometimes i call him trevy lol

I'm Amy Elizabeth and my DH is Laurence James! We don't have particularly interesting names sorry!!!
;)

My hubby is very pedantic about our children having names that can easily have nicknames (William = Will, Wills etc). Because he always hated that his name didn't have an obvious nickname. I guess mine doesn't either - everyone calls me Aims and it's more letters than my actual name haha.

My name is Lara - I love my name, very rarely meet another Lara. I was named after the character in the book/film Dr Zhivago which my Dad loved. I even walked down the aisle to 'Lara's Theme' from the film!

I had a bit of stick at school when the Teletubbies came out, there was one called LaLa - so did get that quite a lot. Never particularly minded though.

Some people shorten it to La, which doesn't really bother me.

The most annoying thing is the whole 'Lara Croft' comparison, but that seems to dying off now.

So on the whole, I love being a Lara!

My DH is Mark, which is nice & normal.

My name is Chandni
DH's is Patrick

People always have problems pronouncing my name and I always have to spell it out.
It's pronounced Chan-dh-knee the proper indian way or Chand-knee as most people call me. There's a Bollywood movie called Chandni so I get the song from it sung at me sometimes.
It's a common indian name but funnily enough people always say they've never met another Chandni.
I got teased at school with other kids shortening my name to chud-di (pants in Gujarati).
At one point I had a lot of people calling me Chan but then I stopped liking it as a Chinese girl laughed when I was introduced to her as Chan.
I like my name, it means Moonlight.

DH - hates having his name shortened to Pat, doesn't mind Paddy, gets called Podders, Pod & Padraig by friends.

I'm Josie and my OH is Jody (a guy) :)

ETA: forgot to add, I love my full name Josephine as I've never known another Josephine in person but nobody ever calls me it. Hate being called Jo as a nickname for my nickname Josie! :dohh:
My middle name is Danella, I love that too :)

OH doesn't mind his name but his boss has put "miss Jody J********" on his pay slips :haha: muahaha! He was named after a formula 1 driver from the 80s so that's the only reason he doesn't hate it. His middle name is Sherard. His parents clearly hated him hahaha

Natasha, but everyone calls me Tasha. I cant even remember the last time I was referred to as Natasha tbh. I don't have a middle name.

DH is Matthew William, he HATES being called Matthew, only likes Matt. William he likes as it is his Dad's middle name, grandfathers etc and also our sons.

My name is Shelby Lynn. I was named after the character played by Julia Roberts in the film Steel Magnolias (which, admittedly, I have never seen). My father named me, without any input from my mother, and she let him because he was preparing to deploy (he was in the military) for a long period of time. I don't mind my name that much, but at the same time I hate it. Not only did my father abandon me when I was little, leaving me with a name picked by a man I never really knew, but it's also just SO COMMON! It's like, 4 out of 5 people I meet named Shelby have the middle name Lynn.

OH is William Edward. He's a third, named after his father and grandfather. Everyone calls him Will. I've called him William maybe a dozen times during our relationship. :haha: He wants to have a son to name after himself, which I'm not a fan of, but have agreed to under the condition that I get to decide baby #4's name.

My name is Natalie

I like it, nobody really gets it mixed up or anything.

My middle names are Jeanne Antonina. Granted nobody ever knows how to spell them, or pronounce them correctly if they're written down (I get Jane / Jean / Jeannie), but I like them anyway because they're names after relatives and have meaning. And I like that they're kinda "different".

DH's name is Philip. Just Philip, no middle names.

He likes it well enough, but he prefers to go by Phil. I think he likes that he has a "long form" of his name though, and not JUST Phil.
Only issue is that sometimes people spell it Phillip but it's not a big deal.

My name is Kellie Marie. I always hated it because there were so many other Kelly/Kelli/Kellie's in school. It's just so boring. . .Marie also had to be the most common middle name in 1971~ ;)

My DH is Mark Allen. He could care less about his name one way or the other I'd guess. haha

I'm Lesley and my OH is Matt. I never liked my name...I think it is a boy name but I do like the fact that my grandmother named me and she was my favorite person in the world so I will live with it just for her ;)

My name is Jenae (like Renee with a J) and I've loved it! I always get compliments on how beautiful and unique it is. My parents were going to name me Megan, but my aunt and uncle decided to name my cousin born 3 months before me Megan, so they scrambled and settled on Jenae. I'm glad they did! I like it a lot more than Megan. My middle name is Raelyn, which was a combination of my parent's middle names (my dad's is Ray and my mom's is Lynn) I love it!

My husband's name is Shane. He seems to like it and I like it too. It's not super common, but it's also not really strange. His middle name is Arthur which I kinda hate haha. It's after his grandfather, so what can you do lol.

My name is Jenae (like Renee with a J) and I've loved it! I always get compliments on how beautiful and unique it is. My parents were going to name me Megan, but my aunt and uncle decided to name my cousin born 3 months before me Megan, so they scrambled and settled on Jenae. I'm glad they did! I like it a lot more than Megan. My middle name is Raelyn, which was a combination of my parent's middle names (my dad's is Ray and my mom's is Lynn) I love it!

My husband's name is Shane. He seems to like it and I like it too. It's not super common, but it's also not really strange. His middle name is Arthur which I kinda hate haha. It's after his grandfather, so what can you do lol.

Jenae Raelyn.... I really like that!

I know this woman that named her daughter Jenica and I really liked that too...I would just be worried if they shortened it down to Jen...I've never been a fan of that name.
But i just really like your name...good job parents :thumbup:

I'm Elizabeth (Liz) and OH is Ian. They've served us well over the years, both fairly traditional and hopefully won't ever seem 'dated'

Im Mackenzie Lara and hubby is Lochlan James...I think theyre fine :)

Loving this section and loving reading all the name suggestions!!

I'm Emma Katherine, but growing up I went by "Kate" or "Katy" which was eternally annoying as on the first day of school every quarter, I had to correct the teacher and explain I go by a nickname of my middle name. Also, my mom and I have the exact same name, which has been a losing battle because even though we live in separate states I still get her bank slips and bills in the mail by mistake :) the name has grown on me over the years but Emma seems to be quite popular with the little ones now :)

DH is Bradley, Brad for short. He says he was the only one with it growing up, never was teased with it. His only complaint was that his last name starts with a B too, so I guess he didn't like how it sounded.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->