What is your religion and what does it stand for?

i would just like to note the above is just my view after years of study i would not expect any one to agree.

i also do not want to be seen as disreagarding any faith...as i see any one who follows a faith wholehartly as some one to be admired.

I see what you are saying but God gave us free will - we are not robots and neither are angels. He could have created us as robots but we are not programmed to please him, he wants us to serve him out of love.

The first couple were given a choice between endless life and death. Would it not have been hypocritical for God to warn them against a specific sin while already knowing the bad outcome? As “a lover of righteousness and justice,” God would not have offered a choice that in reality did not exist.

The way humans were created and the Paradise home prepared for them testify to God’s goodness. Would such a God be so cruel as to provide a beautiful home that he knew would be taken away? No. God is not to blame for man’s rebellion.

I understand the question ‘But how could an all-wise God not have known?’ Granted, a facet of Jehovah Gods great wisdom is his capability to know “from the beginning the finale.” (Isaiah 46:9,10) However, he does not have to use this capability, just as he does not always have to use his immense power to the full. God wisely uses his ability of foreknowledge selectively. He uses it when it makes sense to do so and fits the circumstances.

The ability to refrain from using foreknowledge can be illustrated with a feature of modern technology. Someone watching a prerecorded sports match has the option to watch the final minutes first in order to know the outcome. But he does not have to start that way. Who could criticize him if he chose to watch the entire match from the beginning? Similarly, the Creator evidently chose not to see how things would turn out. Rather, he chose to wait and, as events unfolded, see how his earthly children would conduct themselves.

The Scriptures show that on many occasions God did not make use of his ability of foreknowledge. For example, when faithful Abraham went to the point of attempting to sacrifice his son, God could say: “Now I do know that you are God-fearing in that you have not withheld your son, your only one, from me.” (Genesis 22:12) On the other hand, there were also occasions when the bad conduct of certain individuals caused God to “feel hurt.” Do you think he would he have felt such pain if he had long known what they would do?—Psalm 78:40, 41; 1 Kings 11:9,10.

I feel it is only reasonable to conclude that the all-wise God did not exercise his ability of foreknowledge to know in advance that our first parents would sin. He was not so foolish as to embark on a bizarre venture, using his ability to know the outcome in advance and then staging a mere rerun of what he already knew.

Driven by bad motives himself, satan strives to attribute bad motives to our loving Creator. It suits him well to shift the blame for man’s sin to God.

It was only appropriate that God should expect, not rebellion, but loving obedience in return. He knew that Adam and Eve had the ability to act loyally, as was later proved even by imperfect men, such as Abraham, Job, Daniel, and many others.

God did not know beforehand that the first couple would sin. Same applies to his angel who became a betrayer. While he was pained by the disobedience of man and the ensuing suffering, God knew that this temporary situation would not prevent the fulfillment of his eternal purpose for the earth and humans upon it.

Thats my understanding from extensive study of the bible :)

I believe the universe is infinite really and I dont believe it was created by a single "creator" Just nature.

This isnt a debate thread just general knowledge please!

I do not really 'have' a belief - I dont know why?

But..

I am very interested to know what others believe in and why? and how it makes you feel...maybe then I might feel I have a direction to choose from :)

So...

Whats your religion and what does it stand for?

:flower:

I am a Latter Day Saint, or Mormon if that sounds more familiar.
My faith gives me comfort and really helps me to see how many blessings I have around me. Family is my biggest blessing.
I read the King James version of the Bible and I also read the Book of Mormon.
I believe in God the Eternal Father and in his son, Jesus Christ and also in the Holy Ghost.
I believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God who restored the church to the Earth.
I believe that we have a prophet (Thomas S. Monson) on this Earth today.
I believe that Jesus is our Savior and died for all of our sins.
I strive to live my life the best that I can so that I can eventually dwell with my Heavenly parents and be more like them. I do not obey out of fear. I have free agency- I make my own choices and I am responsible for them.
I believe that faith without works is dead.

I love other faiths. All of them. We can all learn something from each other. :flower:

Also thought I would share the Articles of Faith- they do a good job of summarizing my beliefs.

1)We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

2)We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.

3)We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4)We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5)We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

6)We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

7)We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8)We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

9)We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

10)We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

11)We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

12)We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

13)We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

This isnt a debate thread just general knowledge please!

I do not really 'have' a belief - I dont know why?

But..

I am very interested to know what others believe in and why? and how it makes you feel...maybe then I might feel I have a direction to choose from :)

So...

Whats your religion and what does it stand for?

:flower:

There's nothing wrong with not having any specific beliefs. I spent years being agnostic/atheist. :D

I follow a Sumerian path. My patron found me, and has blessed me many times over. I believe in her, because of what I have seen with her, but I follow her because I love her, not because of fear or obligation. She is like a mother to me. :)

I'm a spiritualist and attend a spiritualist church, although not as often as I like!
I believe that there is no death we simply move from this world to the next, which is on a different vibration. our loved ones who have passed over never leave us x
I am also reiki healer which I love x

I don't really have a religion. I grew up with a preacher father in the holiness/pentecostal denomination. It sort of turned me off to religion.

I really struggle with my faith. I believe in God and his son Jesus but at the same time I question them and the validity of truth there. Considering I grew up in church I have a deep fear of becoming an unbeliever for fear of hell and eternal damnation of my soul but at the same time I question if there really is such a thing as heaven and hell, God and Satan, angels and demons... I honestly don't know what I am, lol. I believe in nature because I can see and feel it. I believe in mother earth... So whatever that would be considered. 😏 My children know of Jesus and God but, I've left it up to them which path they want to take. I'll love them either way.

I'm a Christian. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord an savior. I pray all the time, I read my bible daily to myself an my children. :)

Realise this is an old thread that has recently been revived, but enjoyed reading different people's faiths and interpretations/choices.

I don't follow an organised faith or religion but respect the right of others to believe in what gives them comfort and strength. However I also feel that children should be given enough facts and understanding about the world (relationships, relating to other races/religions/genders/science, etc...) to build their own paths and make their own choices.

I'm probably somewhere between agnostic and a moral driven Humanist. I am also an active feminist and supporter of equal rights for lgb, trans, asexual, polyamory communities, as well of a supporter of race and disabled rights.

I am a polyamorous woman (Polyamory is a valid alternative to monogamy, and a simple understanding is the capacity to love and build stable relationships with multiple people at once). I live with my partner of over five years and my partner plans to move in soon. Some polyamorous people are married but we're opting for a none legal, more spiritual wedding commitment ceremony when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->