What is your typical daily diet?

nic18

Reaction score
what do you eat for breakfast lunch dinner & snacks throughout the day? week?

Absolute crap at the moment :haha:

Just stalking for ideas

A few healthy snacks I like though are sugarpeas (or are they called sweetpeas?), dried apricots, a hard boiled egg...

I'm on slimming world diet at present, I mostly find it quite easy;
Breakfast; 2x weetabix and chopped banana with simiskimmed milk
Snack; fruit salad ( whatever we got in, strawberry s, grapes, melon, pineapple etc)
Lunch; tuna/ham salad and yogurt/ whole meal tuna/ham/egg salad sandwich
Snack; LO and me share an apple or cucumber sticks
Dinner; curry/ slag Bol/ roast chicken( no skin) and veg/ lean gammon, egg and veg/ veg omelet/ mackerel and salad/ baked potato and salad/ salmon, green beans and baby potatoes etc etc

Drinks; decaf tea and sweetners/ water/ diet coke/ 7up free

I treat myself bout once a week to biscuit/ bag of crisps/ cake/ cheesecake
Have lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks ( I realise your not asking for dieting advice I'm just really proud:haha:)

I was on slimming world, stopped for a few weeks & really need to go back, my old bad habits are seriously creeping back!:growlmad:
My typical day would be:
B Special K/Corn Flakes/Muesli & banana
S Slice of brown bread at 11 tea break at work
L Salad/toasted sandwich/wrap/pasta/leftovers from previous nights dinner, nearly always have a mueller light yogurt as well
S Fruit
D Varies a lot but some popular ones are: Chicken Curry w boiled rice/lasagne/spag bol/roast meat (chick/pork/beef/lamb) with all the trimmings/chick, mushroom & veg pie with puff pastry/pasta bake/salad & chicken gougons/cod gougons - home made, tortillas, steak the odd weekend, my bad habits inc. chipper/chineese the odd weekend which I need to stop!!
I usually have a biscuit/some choc/ice-cream after dinner - need to stop this too!

My diet is the same day in and day out apart from my tea which changes daily.

Today I had ...

Breakfast = Toast & Banana x1 & toast and olive oil x1

Lunch = Lentil soup & croutons

Tea = Homemade veggie lasagne & green side salad with tomatoes (lemon juice & olive oil dressing).

Snacks = snack pack of cherry tomatoes, banana, 2 peaches, some popcorn and a topic :D. That was my treat for today.

My diet is quite bland and boring, but I don't digest my food properly and need to take creon when eating so I tend to eat things that I know won't kick my pancreas off into a meltdown :D.

gminikiwi, I am the same lol I find it hard to stick to healthy things for all 3 meals

Kazzy, well done you :)! thank you for sharing, I am not looking to lose weight but looking for healthy options as I eat so much junk :haha:

fergie, you have a good healthy balance, this is exactly what I need!

Breakfast: 2 weetabix and a cup of coffee
Snack: banana ( but don't always one)
Lunch: whole meal roll with cheese and ham, natural yogurt with blueberries
Snack: cup of tea with a little biscuit
Dinner: changes daily but may be chilli con carne, jacket potato with salad, pasta, chicken breast with pots and veg etc

gminikiwi, I am the same lol I find it hard to stick to healthy things for all 3 meals

Kazzy, well done you :)! thank you for sharing, I am not looking to lose weight but looking for healthy options as I eat so much junk :haha:

fergie, you have a good healthy balance, this is exactly what I need!

I know !. It's bloody ridiculous that i'm overweight, I should be a skinny minny :haha:. I can't eat dairy, red meat, too much protein or carbs and I do get cheese cravings, but it's not worth the pain. Give it a few months and i'll have dropped a couple of stone and i'll be a bit happier :thumbup:.

I always have a banana and a cup of tea in the house then a skinny latte and toast or biscuits or cereal at work. Weekend breakfasts are always cooked - eggs & bacon or eggs & smoked salmon. Lunch is usually soup and bread or pasta with salad or a panini. I try and squeeze in a fruit salad but don't always manage it. Dinner is varied (mostly chicken, fish or seafood) but I try my hardest to have veg or salad with it. Snacks are crackers, cheese, pickles, gherkins, crisps, celery and carrots with dips, Muller yogurts or rice (not all at the same time obv). I have to have at least a tiny chocolatey thing everyday - at the moment it's fun size Milky Ways (love them) I can't do without chocolate of some sort :haha:

started off well today :)! I had strawberries

When I was in slimming world.

Breakfast 35g porridge made with semi skimmed milk and chopped banana. Glass of water.

Lunch poached eggs, beans and bacon with the fat cut off. Pasta salad. Jacket potato and tuna.

Tea, spag bol, gammon eggs and chips, roast dinners, mixed grill.

Everything would be fried with fry light or grilled, and I lost 3 stone in 6 months eating the above meals.

Now however, I'm using the gym a lot, lifting weights. So I'm trying to cut out lots of the carbs and increase the protein. Struggling a bit!

B - coco shreddies and semi skimmed milk
L - scotch pie
D - fresh pizza

Ill drink diluted juice of water and dont snack often.

I force myself to eat :(

I eat healthy but I don't feel hungry. Today I had:

Morning: latte with skimmed milk
Breakfast: cereals (with mousli & dried fruits) with skimmed milk
Lunch: cheese on whole grain toast with 2 raw walnuts & 5 almonds + 1 dried fig
Dinner: meat balls in fresh tomato sauce + toast

I will have a small salad before going to bed as we had our dinner early.

I also ate a piece of chocolate & I might eat a banana. I'm on some meds for migraine & allergy so I need to have 5 small meals a day.

I try to have 2 servings of milk per day, some raw nuts, 2 fruits, a protein (I drink whey protein from time to time if I struggle to include protein in my diet)

Absolutely rubbish i am.
Sometimes i'll have toast and a cuppa for breakfast, paticuarly if i've slept badly but usually i don't.

Sandwich, wrap, roll something of the sort for lunch.

Chicken, stews, pasta dishes for dinner.

Usually snack on chocolate or crisps.

Breakfast

Marmite on whole meal toast or muesli with soya yoghurt and/or soya milk

Lunch

Soup, sandwich or leftover stews/casseroles from previous evening

Dinner

Various casseroles, stews, homemade pasta sauces, pasta,salad, mashed potatoes, pasta, rice (I prefer brown but no-one else does), bulgar wheat (much nicer than Cous Cous), pitta bread, stir fries, etc etc. Occasionally will have oven chips with veggie or bean burgers.

Snacks

Low GI fruits such as whole apples, cashew nuts, houmous and pitta, peanut butter on toast, homemade flapjacks etc

My only real vice is that I am addicted to own brand cola, I am really trying to cut down xx

My daily diet is rubbish at the minute, I've been off track for months. When I'm on track I eat really healthily and feel a lot better :)

my diet is pretty awful at the mo, I have been a bit stressed this summer so fell into bad habits and finding it hard to get out of them :/ I usually have an apple for breakfast, a small bag of popcorn and a bowl of gherkins and tomatoes for lunch and an Innocent pot of noodles or soup for dinner, and I snack on fruit and drink an absolute crapload of black coffee in the day. I'm technically underweight now tho I need to sort it out really.

Depends on my allowance. Usually half total crap and half fruit, sometimes with the odd sandwich or bowl of cereal thrown in. Like today I had sugar snap peas, bananas, diet cokes, diet lemonade, water, small packet of crisps, wham bar. I like things in packets or small units so I know calories exactly. Tinned stuff is great for this.

I eat crap!!! And hardly ever at the 'correct' time!!

Today I had scrambled eggs at half 10 with a cuppa, strawberries at half 12, bag of crisps at 3ish then pasta with a home made tomato sauce for dinner, followed by a handful of caramel nibbles!!

Yesterday it was tea and 3 biscuits at 10, a tuna mayo and cheese roll at half 12, then salad at half 6, ploughmans roll for dinner at 8 the salad wasnt enough! (Ben got up about 100 times so didnt want to cook) oh and a hige bowl of Eton mess after!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->