What is your typical daily diet?

I eat crap!!! And hardly ever at the 'correct' time!!

Today I had scrambled eggs at half 10 with a cuppa, strawberries at half 12, bag of crisps at 3ish then pasta with a home made tomato sauce for dinner, followed by a handful of caramel nibbles!!

Yesterday it was tea and 3 biscuits at 10, a tuna mayo and cheese roll at half 12, then salad at half 6, ploughmans roll for dinner at 8 the salad wasnt enough! (Ben got up about 100 times so didnt want to cook) oh and a hige bowl of Eton mess after!

Your unhealthy diet would feel super healthy if I was on it :haha:

Haha to be fair though this was the first time in 6 months I've had a salad for dinner!! Plus it's days I've got Ben so I'm too busy to eat. Ill post what I eat torrow while he's at his dads. I already think the rest if caramel nibbles will go, as will 2 bags of hula hoops left, plus the haribo in the cupboard! And I've got sausages and eggs to use up so I can see a sausage and egg baguette at some point!!

You have serious restraint woman! I would have already devoured all of that if it was in my cupboard, let alone leaving it til tomorrow!

My problem is the munchie cupboard is permanently stocked!! If I don't have sweets or chocolate in the house I go to the shops! I'm already planning to go Thurs because ill eat all of that tomorrow, it's not acceptable here to not have chocolate in the house. I have back up choc ices in the freezer in case I can't go shopping for any reason!

ETA: what's even worse is the caramel nibbles are in my bedside drawer....come 8.30 when Ben leaves ill be back in bed eating them with a cuppa watching Lorraine! The shame!

See if I lived alone I'd probably never eat crap cos I have a huge fear of buying food in shops incase they judge me. Maybe I should be single so I could be super super thin!? But then I'd have no respite from my overwhelming fear of being alone at night/in the dark. Lose lose situation right there!

I have that fear too, thank god for self checkouts!! Or worst case if they don't have them, casually mention how stressful organising a kids party is! Works a treat and you can take your goodies home guilt free! Being single (well I have an OH but he's away a lot and we've never lived together) has its advantages because I rarely order takeaway for 1, and meals tend to be jacket pots or pasta instead of roasts and other big meals! Personally I like being alone at night, I get the whole bed to myself!

I have that fear too, thank god for self checkouts!! Or worst case if they don't have them, casually mention how stressful organising a kids party is! Works a treat and you can take your goodies home guilt free! Being single (well I have an OH but he's away a lot and we've never lived together) has its advantages because I rarely order takeaway for 1, and meals tend to be jacket pots or pasta instead of roasts and other big meals! Personally I like being alone at night, I get the whole bed to myself!

OKAY so the trick to ordering a takeaway for one is to order a lot of food and two cans of coke because then duh obviously you must have company. I have put a lot of thought into this in the past :haha:

Fruit and a little almond milk
chicken or beans with veggies
steamed fish, basmati rice, and veggies (all steamed in the rice cooker)
I am not a big snacker.

OKAY so the trick to ordering a takeaway for one is to order a lot of food and two cans of coke because then duh obviously you must have company. I have put a lot of thought into this in the past :haha:

Boomerslady that is genius! Aha Lou I do the same on the rare occasion I can brave ordering food. Also always put it in a man's name and make a point of saying 'I'm picking this up for... Don't know what they ordered but I rhik this is few place he mentioned...'.

Pahaha Lou I love it!! I always order a stupid amount of food too and pretend as if I can't quite remember all the items so they think I'm ordering for someone else as well. Totally going down the 2 can option next time!

My diet easily goes down hill. I get lazy and just end up eating a sandwich, crisps, chocolate...

But I've changed that since... 3 days ago (not long I know!). I like cooking, so been making healthy soups, salads, fish dishes. I am also eating some fruit, lots of nuts, almond milk, cereals, wholegrains... My plan is to leave weekends for having a few treats, but without going mad. I am 100% off crisps, but will allow myself some chocolate (but not everyday)

I am a good weight, my figure is fine, but I have always had a tiny bit of cholesterol, so trying to get that down. I will also be doing IVF very soon, so wanting to eat healthy for that. I just know that when I eat better I feel better.

But my daily diet can reflect how I feel with life, if life gets on top of me, I let my diet go crazy. Taking charge of my diet actually helps in the reverse, so lets see if I can keep it up.

Being good today, porridge for breakfast, gym (today was shoulders but I also did dead lifts that I missed out yesterday) poached eggs, tuna and a spoonful of soft cheese for dinner, banana snack. And for tea I'm having chicken and veggis.

But I've remembered it's my birthday tomorrow so might not last :/ although I'm a work 11.30-9.30 and gym before that so not much chance of being naughty lol

Sounds good beth_terri, nice healthy choices, but low on carbs, are you doing a high protein diet?

I had calamari today with salad and veg soup, bananas, cereals, brown bread

Im trying to yeah. I can't afford protein shakes so trying to get it from food alone x

I wouldn't mind trying some protein bars, as I want to up my protein and its not my favourite food

Today:

breakfast: a sausage, a fork full of beans and a piece of watermelon. (Whilst making Riley's lol)

Lunch: a square of dark chocolate

Dinner: chilli con carne

I didn't eat a lot today.

Yesterday:

A slice of toast

Ham and cucumber sandwich and a yogurt

Jacket potato with cheese and beans :)

today so far

breakfast toast and oranges with orange juice
lunch was just rubbish dunkers and pepperami
dinner will be baked potatoes with cheese coleslaw and ham and potato salad

I am thinking about started up a food diary thread anybody be interested in doing it with me?

I knew I'd have a bad day today might as well declare my sins! My last few days were so good lol. I had a bag of haribo, 2 x bags of hula hoops and just over half a bag of caramel nibbles. That was breakfast/lunch!! I've just had 4 x sausages, 2 eggs and a small tin of beans for dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->