What job do you do?

mamarix16

Pregnant with baby #3!
Reaction score
Hi girls!!! Just curious what does everyone do? I am a stay at home mummy and a part time admin assistant, both jobs have been so hard with 24 hour nausea, vomiting and the need to sleep 23 out of 24 hours!!! How are you all coping?

I'm a teacher. Got my bfp right at report card time and during basketball season (I was coaching). Soooo busy. Thank goodness it's now spring break. I'm going to have to find ways to slow down at work though once I'm back, I usually run myself into the ground working nonstop but obviously can't do that now.

SAHM :) I went to school for makeup artistry and worked in that for a long time. Now I do it here and there but focus is mainly on being a SAHM. It had always been important to me to be able to stay home with my kids. Super blessed I'm able to.

I am an office manager in a high stress environment. I have had nausea and now I have insomnia. I am definitely not fully functioning! :(

Gosh I take my hat off to you mommies/mommies to be who work in stressful jobs - I know being a SAHM and having a part time job is tough going too but at least I can catch a nap when my 5 and a half year old is at school and my 2 year old is napping!!! Kudos girls!

Stay at home mummy this time around, no symptoms yet, I think when they kick in it'll be so tough, my toddler isn't really the sit around type, he likes to be at classes, the play park or splashing in puddles!

I do have a stressful job, but I am also fortunate with my job because I live in Canada so get a full year mat leave. And once I go back to work I can job share so just work part time, and still have my job waiting for me when I choose to go back full time.

I don't know how the women in the states who work full time manage, they are the ones I take my hat off to!

I am in the U.S. I work full-time as a counselor in public school. I have been so distracted and unmotivated since I found out I am pregnant. So at least I get a month and a half off in the summer, two weeks at Christmas, one week at Thanksgiving, and I just had last week off for Spring Break. But Im switching jobs bc I am moving so in August I start a new counseling job and in October I go on maternity leave (which sucks). I only get 4 weeks paid time off because I have the days saved up. After that no money for 4 weeks until I return to work after 8 weeks. blah! I will take what I can get.

I work part time as a fast food floor manager. And even though ot fast food and only food some people treat us like we should be perfect and if we make a mistake and we offer to fix it, its not good enough, its like we just made a mistake with multi millions of thier dollars. I have learned from being a manager to try and be patient when my orders get messed up. Cause in reality we can be doing thousand dollar hours and be very short handed and people dont care tat i have 2 in grill and 2 service people helping out, we should still get food out in 30 sec and have it perfect. So even though its fast food it can be very stressful drpending on how many crew i have and how busy we are. And i have left work crying more then a handgul of times when i wasnt preg. We will see how this works out now that i am. Thankfully no morning sickness yet so i dont have to deal with the smells..

Vicki

I'm SAHM, for first time. I'm on leave at the moment from work to spend time with my kids. On the other 3 I was working as a business analyst for a large multinational. Stressful enough job. Kids stressful too, but at least I don't have to get ready for and go to work. It is easier for me to be pregnant at home rather than trying to work full time as well...

I'm a member of a pastoral team in a secondary behaviour unit school part time and part time in a convenience shop in the evenings. No symptoms really so I'm fine at mo although I'm always tired the next day at work if I've worked till 11 the night before 😴

I'm dental nurse, working in Maxilliofacial. I love having time off after having babies but I love working too.

I am a SAHM, with a little side business sewing cloth nappies.

I'm a SAHM during the day looking after a two year old and an almost one year old. I am also a self-employed tutor at the weekends and in the evenings. I'm finding it all pretty tiring at the moment as I'm working every day either teaching (7 hours in total) or preparing tutorial sessions. However, once the exam season starts I will have less tuition and then I start marking the exams so more working from home really.

I work for a delivery team or what some people call a shelf stacker. I was on light duties anyway because of my back so it means I can hide it until the 12 weeks scan. I don't usually show early.

Graphic designer here, I have Friday's off as I work longer hours on the 4 days that I'm in and have telework at home on Wednesday's. <3my job!

I work in insurance but my job is pretty laid back and I sit down for most of the day. I'm on holidays atm and haven't been back since I got my bfp- I'm going back tomorrow

I sell Essential oils :) they work well for morning sickness and it puts extra in my pocket.

I am a dental assistant, and I can tell you that it was HARD. People are so disgusting. But, I got through it, and it was definitely easier once work knew at 9 weeks.

I'm an a&e nurse. Crazy busy and stressful but I love it. Finding the long shifts tiring but I'm just getting on with it really. I have a toddler too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->