What makes you feel old?

My neice listening to music and conversations like this taking place:

Me: "I remember that when it first came out."
Her: "When was that?"
Me: "Well I think I was 18 so...1993?"
Her: "OMG! Is it that old? I thought it was new! OMG, I wasn't even born then! Wow!"

Saying on here "When I was young...this used to happen...because it was the 70's."

Seeing people on here who weren't even born until the 1990's.

-When people say they were born in like 1993, 1994 and have LOs now. I was at uni then!!
- Meeting 'kids' I have taught and they are at the pub legally- I am a primary school teacher
- Remembering not only Take That first time round but when Boys Own came along as the 'new' boy band
- the fact that I rmember when roller discos where cool
God I could go on......
- the fact that I will be 52 by the time Emma is 18!!!

-When people say they were born in like 1993, 1994 and have LOs now. I was at uni then!!
- Meeting 'kids' I have taught and they are at the pub legally- I am a primary school teacher
- Remembering not only Take That first time round but when Boys Own came along as the 'new' boy band
- the fact that I rmember when roller discos where cool
God I could go on......
- the fact that I will be 52 by the time Emma is 18!!!

We are the same age then!

I spend ages sometimes thinking "When Joseph is so old I will be...OMG!"

I said to DH once, if Joseph has his first child at 34, the age I was when I had him, that will make me 68! That's if I'm lucky. If he waits longer then I could be dead before I have grandchildren.

And then I realise I'm worrying about being a grandma and that makes me feel really old! :haha::haha:

Watching the cbeebies bedtime hour just now with my daughter, seeing Floella Benjamin and thinking 'Awww I remember her on Playschool' then realised that was late 70's/early 80's - the shame!!! :blush:

Watching the cbeebies bedtime hour just now with my daughter, seeing Floella Benjamin and thinking 'Awww I remember her on Playschool' then realised that was late 70's/early 80's - the shame!!! :blush:

I thought the same thing the other day! :haha:

The weird thing is, Floella doesn't look a day older than she did back then. She's exactly the same. I want to know what moisturiser she uses! :haha:

The weird thing is, Floella doesn't look a day older than she did back then. She's exactly the same. I want to know what moisturiser she uses! :haha:

Same here :haha: I just googled her and nearly fell off my chair when it said she was born in 1949 - that makes her 61/62 right? - I don't look that good now so there's not a hope in hells chance for me when I reach her age :rofl:

Same here :haha: I just googled her and nearly fell off my chair when it said she was born in 1949 - that makes her 61/62 right? - I don't look that good now so there's not a hope in hells chance for me when I reach her age :rofl:

I was going to say that. She is 61!!!! That is mental. Even when I was watching her in the 70s she was not that young!! Not compared to the age that the kids presenters are these days.

Going to bed at 9pm!!

Chatting to sixth formers in work about music, I said: I like Blur. They said: Who's blur!!! OMG!!!

Having to be explained what a camel toe was!! (Embarassing!!!)

Making ooh and umph noises when i sit down and stand up!

seeing the wrinkles around my eyes!!

oh, and switching from radio 1 to radio 2 because radio 1 is just noise!!!

Has anyone seen Jack Dee talking about getting old?

Saying that you know when you are getting old because you decide to go to Marks and Spencer for some proper jeans with an elastic waistband and then go out in the back garden and sweep up leaves so you can have a bonfire and poke it with a stick.

I don't think I'm quite there yet, so that must mean I'm not old. :happydance:

When my baby brother's eldest kid became a teenager.
When the girls on this forum think they waited a long time to have a baby or already have a few and I realize I could be their mother.
When I got the email for my 20 year high school reunion.

When my baby brother's eldest kid became a teenager.
When the girls on this forum think they waited a long time to have a baby or already have a few and I realize I could be their mother.
When I got the email for my 20 year high school reunion.

I definately feel old when I look at how many of the people on here could technically be my children and they have have kids themselves which means I could be a Grandma!!

My baby brother turning 17 this year.
Being a godmother to two.
Being referred to as "my big cousin whose gonna take me out on the drink" by the cousin i remember holding in my arms. (shes underage though. not too bad)
Being referred to as Auntie Lauren by my younger cousins & my 16 year old cousins son because im 'too old' to be called just Lauren & should have the aunt title infront of it!!
Realising my little cousins have children before me.
Having left school for nearly 5 years.

Oh & i get the cracking of the knees too... im only 19.
Oh and the last one should probably be that im only 19 & im made to feel old!!

The fact that I will be 30 in 17 minutes:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->