What makes you feel old?

When talking to my 9 year old step daughter about music. Before Take that made their comeback she had never heard of them or Robbie Williams. When she talks about music in the charts i haven't a clue.

Feeling stiff after sitting in the same position for 2 long.

My cousin turning 21 last Dec

Freaking out about my 30th (2 years to go)

Reading this thread. You youngsters are making me feel old. :rofl:

- Knowing my baby sister is turning 19 this year
- Knowing my nephew (through marriage) is having his own baby this year! :wacko:
- (a strange one) but having many more funerals of older generations of family to go to :( I kinda lucked out on that one growing up, not too many passed away.
- Looking into mortgages & purchasing of real estate!!

Hearing the supposed oldies bit on the radio and thinking WTF that's not old... oh, wait... so it is

Having conversations with my friends about mortgages and DIY and finding it genuinely interesting.

Seeing people 5/6yrs younger than me at school driving & drinking!!!!

Oh also knowing my youngest bro is turning 19 this year and i'll be hitting mid twenties this year!!

Having a mortgage

Planning my wedding

Having to go through a m/c at the age of 20 (thats when i grew up fast)

Remembering my 13 year old bridesmaid as a new born baby

Finding a girl my mum used to childmind years ago on facebook...she's now 16 :wacko:

And, although I was only 4, i do remember take that first time round! :happydance:

The fact that the Israeli Defence Forces won't take me because I'm too old to enlist. Yeah, like, I'm so old I'm too frail to hold a gun...

I was just watching Sarah Millican talking about how sleeping with a 23 year old helped her get over her divorce - Sarah Millican on divorce "I read a book by Paul McKenna called 'How to mend a broken heart' - I got to page 30 and slept with a 23 year old. It doesn't say to do that, but it should've done - cause it really f***ing helped."

I posted it on my facebook as I did exactly that when I was getting over my divorce - I was 30 at the time. A friend's brother commented about being 23 & I felt so old & dirty - I'm 37 now & remember when he was 13!!!

You lot somtimes, the fact that I was in college and down the pub when most of you where still in primary school :)
Also the fact I saw micheal jacksons first nose when he still had it :)

I work as a police dispatcher and when I run kids born in 1995 and think "they shouldn't be driving!"
I remember when MTV actually played music videos all the time.
I saw Saved by the Bell when the episodes first aired.

I think for me just being a parent makes me feel old, the fact that my friends think a week or a month is a long time & for me it goes by in a flash!! I'm only 19 though, but not being able to have the life I would have had if I wasn't a parent makes me feel more mature rather than old lol x

watching junior doctors the other day and realise most of them are younger then me :-\

ooh where do i start
-when us 30plusses at work talk about the good old days when music was great and they look at you like yr nutsa nd you realised that the night club yr talking about shot down nearly 10yr ago, when they were only 10 themselves!
-when people at work will say-ooh you should know this your really experianced cos youve done this job forever, then i realise yip 12 yrs is forever
-i can remember mars bars being 24p
-i loved wham
-i had a major morgan toy,best thing ever
-take that were on their first rounds as were east 17, nkotb were out and boyzone hadnt even begun
-children i used to look after are bigger than me
-i get excited at buying a new pair of pjs as i used to about an outfit, now spending money on an outfit is wrong and such a waste of money
-i get excited when theres something good on tv cos i can put those new pjs on and snuggle up
-i can remember vice versa sweets, hubba bubbas, wham bars, and when leggings were not cool!!
-im now a wife!!!!!
-and almost a mother of 3!!!!
-my little sis getting engaged

but the irony of this is at 30 yrs old i still get asked for id!!!!!!

im only 18 but from having LO running our own home and getting married in june i feel a hell of a lot older! :flower:

p.s i never knew who take that was either till they came back i thought robbie was always just solo lol!

ha ha thats so funny-robbie should have stayed solo!
he used to be my fave back then, now i wonder why.
i remember the music channel -the box- and it used to be listed songs until someone somewhere put one on, i was 14 then and remember sitting at my then boyfriends and watching this channel-it was pretty boring when i think of it.
and the first mobile phones, hilarious, big bulky black or grey things that only showed text usually in a long line form. with a big ariel on the top. and big rubber buttons you had to press qiute firm, i loved mine it was a motorola one

walking past 6th formers and think ohhh hes tastey, shit hes like 17-18 n im 22 this year! not knowing who my neice is singin too lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->