What makes you feel old?

When I had out my old walkman, I collect casette tapes from thrift/charity stores. Having my 18/17 year old sister and cousins ask what it was that I was holding. I'm 27 so it is just hiliarous.

The other day I saw photographs on display of last years grade 12 grad students and thought OMG a lot of those girls and a few guys were puddings or had no muscle tone. Then thinking of my grade 12 class and all of us were on the fit to skinny side. Plus the fashions compared of 2002 to 2010 haha. Embarassing.

Only 30, you're still a youngin'
Happy Birthday smokey! :cake:

Hey, Happy Birthday, Smokey!
Welcome to the sexy and sophisticated decade! :smug:

The only thing that makes me feel old is dry skin.
Well, that and the fact that I just can't comprehend why anyone would want to text when they could just say the same thing in a phone call? :haha:

When my 19-year-old son calls me because it reminds me that I have one old enough to be working full-time, living by himself, and making his own decisions :brat:

Happy birthday Smokey! 30s is the best decade to be in :)

when i realise my little brother is living in london and doing a PhD!!

Pulling out my old records ( we bought a record player that hooks up to the computer) and the kids don't even know the names of the artists on them:wacko:

Well, that and the fact that I just can't comprehend why anyone would want to text when they could just say the same thing in a phone call? :haha:

^^
This.
What is up with these kids and their 500 texts a day?

I'm 21 so not old yet but I feel ancient when I find myself lecturing my 14 year old sister on boyfriends/smoking/being naughty :haha:

feeling out of place in topshop! I used to love that store!!

^^
This.
What is up with these kids and their 500 texts a day?

There is seriously a generational culture gap on the technological front, particularly with texting. I truly don't understand the appeal at all. But then, I'm not even a big fan of cell phones. I have one with only the most basic features and I barely use it.

feeling out of place in topshop! I used to love that store!!

YES! Me too on that one.

I came out of Topshop last year moaning that I didn't want to dress like Lady GaGa so there was nothing in there for me.

The only thing that makes me feel old is when 16/17/18 year olds dont want to chill with me because im not "down with it" .... urrrrm, yesy i firggin am!!

EDIT - That didnt make much sense, i dont "chill" with teenagers, but its not the point :rofl:

when two 5 year old's tell me they love Justin Bieber and i'm like... what happened to Led Zeppelin?!

Seeing my 16 year old cousin wearing the same as me.I've stopped now. Same cousin, when she was 10 (and I was 21) go "how do you know Kylie Minogue's old songs?" ...

finding out i'm going to be a great-aunt!
telling people at work it was my husband's 30th the other weekend - that means i'm married and have a proper grown up husband !!! (well, he's still a big kid really!)
being in the waiting room at the doctors and the doctor calling "mrs b..."
going to a museum and seeing things in the exhibitions that i remember from my childhood

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->