what newborn's weight makes you think ouch!

Haha, I had a 9lb 12 oz baby at 38 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was 23 inches, and was pretty lean...just had a big ole tummy! Honestly, I think he was pretty big, but not huge. When I hold normal size babies (7 lbs), they feel like a feather and I get scared bc they are so fragile! 12 lbs sounds huge to me...

Well my son was 5 weeks early and weighed exactly 4lbs. But he was totally healthy and could scream louder than any kid in that nursery! lol! To me though(and I'm 5'3 and 140lb) a big OWCH baby would be 8 to ALMOST 9 lbs.:blush: I know my tiny body wouldn't be able to push that sucker out lol.:rofl:

My DD was 9lb 6oz but she never seemed big to me, just a bit more cuddly. My DS was 7lb 8oz but he was born 2 weeks early so he was heading the same way as my DD! I honestly thought he seemed so tiny and was scared i would hurt him when i picked him up:lol: I hate to think what the next one will be... But as long as its under the 10lb mark i am cool with it as any bigger than that and i reckon my eyes wont only water but pop out!

prob TMI but when me mam had ma lil sis (11st 7lbs, that was natural, my poor mother had to push so hard she puched out her bowel and had to hav over 100 stitches in total, this was 25 years ago and my mom said she wish it had been more recently cos she'd have told them to whip the baby out the sunroof! LOL!

i was only 5lb5 when i was born...so was my brother. my sister was onlt 1lb something becasue she was so early...all of my family have babies on bigger than 7lbs. so anything over that seems big to me! x

My mom is average height. About 5'8" and 150 lbs. she had me when she was 25. I was 7lbs. 2oz. and 21 inches long. My little sister about about a month early and she weighed 4lbs. 2oz. and was 19 inches long. My sister and I are only 2 inches apart still to this day. I am 2 inches taller at 5'4" and we both weight the same! 121 lbs.

Anything over 9lbs and I think 'ouch!'

My Mum had four kids, the lightest was 9lb 8 and the heaviest was 11lb 4oz (which she did with no pain relief, not even gas and air!)

My first baby was 9lb 3 1/2 oz and belive me that was an ouch!! you wouldnt think it now though - he's 7 and skinny as a rake!!

The problem is though - dont they say you have your smallest first!! I am currently ttc and i've been told that if/when I fall again I will have to be kept an eye on!!

why? I didnt struggle with the first birth and its not as if he was totally massive!!

they do say big babies are easier to deliver though!! I was only in labour 1hr and 30 mins!!

I don't think about the birth coz I'm worried I will be put off wanting children :rofl:

Although my sis had a planned c-section and that scared her as she knew the day she would having her baby, whereas before all she was scared of was giving birth!!!!

My 1st was 9lb 14oz, she took 4 hours to be pushed out, in the end Ventouse was the only course of action.
Im only 5ft 2 so i was HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
2nd 1 was 8lb 4.5 oz and breech and she just fell out.

My dp was 10lb 11oz when he was born, his poor mam. He is now 6ft 5 and 17st.

V x x x

I would say (in my naievity) anything over 8lbs.

The odds of a smaller baby are not exactly stacked in my favour, my mother & auntie have both had 3 big babies each. Also me & the OH are not exactly petite!!

My son was 6 lbs 14 oz and I think that is small but he was stuck for over and hour and they had to do a little snip snip to get him out. I think a baby can weight a lot but be well proportioned with the rest of the body. My sons head was 13 around when he came out so i think about big heads causing me to say ouch. My friend had a baby with very big broad shoulders, 21 inches and he tore her from front to back.

9 or 10 pounds makes me think OUCH!!!!! Actually, you know what? Thinking of pushing out any size baby makes me say OUCH!! :rofl:

any size makes me think ouch!!!!! i had an E/C section as son was 6 weeks prem and 6lb 3oz :shock: OMG now im scared!!!! :ignore:

:hug:

xxxxx

I don't mind any size baby as long as healthy. What's a little pain, just think about what you get in return.

Hannah was 8 pounds 10 ounces at birth and I thought she was big :blush:

My babies were 7lb 5oz, 7lb 14oz, 5lb 110z, and 6lb 13 so for me anything getting on towards 10lb is making me think ouch.

My mum was her mum's smallest at 11lb 11 yikes, and when my oldest was born in the next bed there was a woman who had had an almost 13lb baby, now thats ouch, and he was big, even too big for some 0-3 month clothes

im 5ft and my first baby was 8lb 13oz and trust me that was huge for me. I was so badly torn that my health nurse didnt think i should of delivered him myself. my second baby was 7lb 5oz and i have to say it was a breeze compared to the other labour. I get what you mean though i wouldnt say OMG he was enormous but he was big for me and my height/shape.

I was only 4lb 1oz and 5 weeks prem, DF was 4lb 6oz and 4 weeks prem so in our families anything over 5lbs is big :rofl:
I think anything over 9lbs would make me think 'ouch' although a lot of friends who have had 'big' babies (9-11lbs) have had quick labours and no tears?!? Something to ponder on....
Although currently I'd settle for just being pg

I Was 8 lbs 10- 1/2 ounces and 21 3/4" long when born, and am only 5'-2" and have a very small build. My sister who was 9lbs 15 ounces and 20 1/2" is now 16 years old and 5'-6".

I think anything over 8lbs would make my eyes water

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"