What religion is this?

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
There are twin girls in my sons class, their names sound like their from Sweden/Finland.

Now they have to wear head bands at all times and they have to have their own dinner table, they aren't allowed to sit with the other children.

All the women in their family have to wear head bands as well, also all of the womens hair are really long, some right down to their bums, like they can't cut it.

They all live in the same house, all the women range in age from about 20 - 50, and their are a lot of them, also teenagers that sometimes come with their mums to pick them up, most of the women have children as well, mainly toddlers, I've never seen a man pick them up.

They do tend to keep themselves to themselves, although I have spoken to their mum as she had another set of twin girls, and I went to congratulate her, she also has a accent but not sure where she is from.

Has anyone heard of this?

Mormon?? Just a guess, because they wear head bands all the time I think x

There was a couple of sisters in my school years ago like this but I cant remember what they where it wasnt mormons but somthing like that.
They where not allowed to take part in any classes if we had to use the tv and they didnt use electricity at home.
The one that was in mu class was realy smart but so stuck up she always spoke to everyone as if they where beneath her

That really sounds like it, but the adults clearly aren't from this country, is the Plymouth Brethren practiced elsewhere or is it UK based?

Mennonite or Exclusive Brethren (there are plenty of Exclusives throughout Europe).

sounds like bretheren to me!

I think so too, never heard of it though, quite a lot that they can't do.

this shows u how board i am i googled it its Plymouth Brethren. Separation meant sect members must keep away from anyone who didn't follow the Exclusive teaching They weren't allowed to make friends or eat ("break bread") with anyone outside the church.:wacko:

LOL!!! Have you met a mormon? I dont know of a single head band wearing Mormon and i am one.

EDIT: sorry that sounded rude, it wasnt meant that way. It just made me laugh, I know we are perceived as a far out their religious group but you wouldn't know a mormon standing next to you, as we have no specific dress code.

As for which religion it is? no idea, i was thinking jewish but perhaps not. Its difficult because often religions which require a head covering of some sort are dependant upon marriage, so what a child wears can be quite different to what is required of a married female. such as muslium women cover their hair when they are married to be modest and keep their beauty which they believe includes their hair for just their husband. I think that although many younger and unmarried females also do it, it is not required in the same way it is for married women.

Mormons have no religious head coverings, or specific clothing, we tend to keep our dress modest, but we certainly arnt armish our clothes tend to be modern and fashionable but just not show too much, like our stomachs wouldn't be on show.

I was going to say mormon but PP put paid to that lol.

Second guess would be along the lines of exclusive brethren but not 100% as they all in the same house and not of the EB that i've come across have done that.

TBH it could be almost anything - they could have their own little religion rather than following any specific one.

I believe they probably are exclusive brethren of some type, there are several different sub-sects of the exclusive brethren, all of which have different rules and practices. The majority EB group in the UK are the Hale's Exclusive brethren but in other countries they can tend to be entirely from some of the other sects not found here. Amish, mennonites and hutterites (hutterites have a very small commune behind my kid's evening school) all wear their hair tied up before covering it.xx

You could always ask what their faith is xx

ETA: and if you do please come back and let us know, religious sects (of any religion!) completely fascinate me!

ETA: and if you do please come back and let us know, religious sects (of any religion!) completely fascinate me!

Me too!! I wanna live in an Amish community... Only for a week though!

I walk around our town, Leicesters so diverse it must have every religion and race here. My heads full of random questions!!

LOL!!! Have you met a mormon? I dont know of a single head band wearing Mormon and i am one.

EDIT: sorry that sounded rude, it wasnt meant that way. It just made me laugh, I know we are perceived as a far out their religious group but you wouldn't know a mormon standing next to you, as we have no specific dress code.

LOL it didn't sound rude :)
The reason I said Mormon is because opposite my friends rd there's a mormon church (well I thought it was a Mormon church :haha: & all the ladies that go to the church where headbands... they also all drive big cars.. do you drive a big car?? :haha: x

I walk around our town, Leicesters so diverse it must have every religion and race here. My heads full of random questions!!

My town (luton) is very diverse too!! But at tge same time it feels segregated as people tend to keep themselves to themselves so you never get to know each others cultures & religions x

My town (luton) is very diverse too!! But at tge same time it feels segregated as people tend to keep themselves to themselves so you never get to know each others cultures & religions x
My dh is from Luton!!!! He's a Luton town supporter, as is his dad his brother, his cousins, now our son and no doubt our newest edition!! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->