What should I do?

Missnurse

Reaction score
Hi ladies

As some of you know I accepted a job a local community hospital doing 15 hours a week. Now I'm a predicament as I got a letter this morning inviting me for another interview at a closer hospital doing the same job more hours, do I attend the interview?

Attend the interview. Most places have a 'probation ' period, where you can leave if you're not happy/if they're not happy with you. x

Yeah, when do you start? You can still take the job and go for the other interview. x

I wouldn't be starting the one I accepted till end September, am I still within rights to take this other one if offered it?

You can still go for it and decline the other job if you get this one.

Yes, I would still interview for the other. Then you can decide which is the better fit for you, if offered that one as well. The job you already accepted should have a probationary period where either you or they can terminate without cause. So, you can decide to leave without cause, just if its not right for you, and vice versa.

The first job I had after getting my Master's Degree was a situation like this. I had accepted a job already, but then got two other interviews. I went to both of those interviews, and got offered those positions as well. I then used those job offers as bargaining for better pay from the job I had already accepted. That's something to keep in mind, as well. You can always use it to your advantage if you get more than one offer.

I would interview, similar happened to me a couple of years ago, I got one job but I knew I had an interview for a job with much better hours and pay, was permanent etc, so I was a bit naughty and very deliberately dithered signing the contracts (the job didn't start for a couple of months) and waited until I could interview for the next job, I got the second and I just very politely explained the situation to the other job (it's a small community in my field so I had to tread carefully) but they were very understanding. Your job is such an important part of your life, it's not the place to be polite for the sake of making someone else's job easier when it is your LIFE.

I would definitely go for the other interview and see how it goes.

Thank everyone I'm definitely going to go, I haven't signed any contracts for the other one yet. I'm a bit worried though As this other job has better hours and is closer but only fixed until next March, will that be it then or might they offer me something else? It's an nhs community hospital

they might offer a permanent position after that hun or they might not. something to ask at the interview xx

This is where I'm confused as the other job is less hours but permanent so id have a job to come back to after maternity leave next march but the other one is better hours and closer but feel it would be a good excuse to let me go

just try get a feel for it hun at the interview hun and then make your choice when you have all the information :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->