What size maternity clothes to buy?

twists183

Mother of 1 little boy
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wandering if anyone has any advice on the size I should buy for maternity where. I'm normally a 12/14 but my clothes have already started to become umcomfortable, painfully tight when I get bloating too. If I start to buy clothes now should I get a 14 in maternity wear? Or do I have to go a size bigger? How do the clothes actually work and at 14 weeks, can I expect to go up another size again?

Thanks, hope someone has a better clue than me.

Hey there, you should buy the clothes in your normal size. I'd try them on tho as all shops differ, its best to make sure you are comfy!!

The trousers usually have stretchy pockets or expandable options on the side of them. the tops are usually stretchy and are a bit more roomy round your tummy.

Hope this helps.

just buy the size that you are normally.

Maybe, though, if you're usually a 12/14 you should go for a 14. I'm usually an 8 yet seem to need 10/12 in maternity. Or maybe I just ate all the pies :rofl:

im having trouble with jeans, they all seem to be so long!! and i have really short legs lol and maternity jeans dont appear to come in different leg lengths. ive looked in loads of places but no luck so far :(

Go normal size is say (but try on few pairs if needs be)
NEXt do some good maternity jeans and in different lengths.Im petite only 5'2 and i went with my normal size which is 8 and ive had good wear so far. I do tuck them up slightly but only just a tiny bit and they are fine.Also dorothy perkins do good combats which arent too long.

Im not sure if it depends on person but i wore maternity trousers from 22 wks and they will see me through to the end. So im guessing they do most people...

As for tops go for normal size maybe 1 size up (depends on actual build i guess of person) in maternity although ive managed to get non maternity (baggier style tops though) just in 1 - 2 sizes up from normal. x

Ye they say u shud pick ur normal size but some maternity wear is very generous and some is quite small. Also trousers - they seem to think ur legs are gonna double in size for some reason!! Try things on then ul know what size fits in each shop.

I never wore maternity clothes, they are so expensive and i founf it was cheaper just to buy normal clothes in bigger sizes

I've been buying the one's that feel the most comfy, but i would say with some of your bottoms would get amyabe a size bigger cos if your needing mat wear now, your gonna ge get bigger and grow into them xxx

Ideally you buy the same size as you are normally, Tshirts i would say this stands but bottoms i've found maternity wear to be to generous in size so i've opted for a smaller size if bought where i can't try on say online for example. But if i can try them on then i do.
Ebay is handy for maternity stuff if you dont want to spend a fortune , I wouldn't buy a whole maternity wardrobe hun you wont need it, just get upto 3 pairs of bottoms, some tops & maybe a dress or 2. Whichever is the most comfy you will end up living in. :)

Wud defo recommended a couple of sizes up in pants than wat u r normally. I bought 3 pairs of size 12 maternity mothercare work pants n now cant fit in them as the actual waist is to tight, strechy bit is fine, just the stiching/seam is to tight round my hips. Tops wise I not bothering buying maternity tops as expensive just floaty tops in bigger size xxx

I'm normally a 16 in pants, but I have bought a 14 maternity pants for work and they are actually a little bit too big. They fit really well and the jeans I have which don't have a panel just stretchy bit at the sides are a 16 and they're very big so I'd stick to trying them on and keep the size you normally are hun

Amy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"