What songs/hymns are you having? And opinions on mine please?

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
I need 3, One for walking in, one for signing register, one for out

Going in I'm stuck between 'Footprints in the Sand'~ Leona Lewis (love this but scared it will make me cry!) 'Amazed' ~ Lonestar or 'Heaven' - the candlelight mix by Dj Sammy. Any opinions on these?

Signing the Register I definately want 'Im Alive' by Celine Dion.

Going out, I'm not sure, cos I have to bear in mind the baby will just have been Christened so need something for all of us, iykwim? I want something quite up tempo and maybe a bit cheeky so any idea's please throw them this way!

Hymns, I'm not really sure :shrug: I need 4

Last one i want 'All things bright and beautiful' for the baby
Others I quite like are Amazing Grace, Colours of Day, Give me Joy in my heart, Make me a chane of your peace, One more step along the world i go...I dont really know many hymns really :shrug:

Not that ivee discussed any of these with OH either :haha:

I'm not getting married in a church but if I was I would have;

For hymns my fav is Jerusalem and the lord is my shepherd. Makes me feel so proud to be British!

For walking in, I'd have Trumpet Voluntary (I'm not keen on pop music to enter churches)

Not sure what other music I'd have, maybe Canon in D and ava maria.

I'm having a civil service so I'm having all our fav songs sung acoustically for people to sit down with (waiting for the bride) like Tracy Chapman and Eva Cassidy, maybe a bit of sting.
To walk in I'm having the theme tune from forest Gump because it is really, such a beautiful piece of music and its our fav movie!
Signing the register we're having Thats the power of love by huey lewis and Blink 182- lost without you and Florence and the Machine you've got the love walking out.

A lot of it will depend on your minister - I know mine wouldn't allow modern 'pop' music from a cd, but a instrumental version would have been allowed x

thats a good idea- instumental versions always sound nice!!

I do love your fav hymns though- they are my favs too!

Thanks, yes I love Canon in D too, also love the instumental version of Kissing You from Romeo and Juliet, still toying with that. Our vicar is very much for making the day about us, the more personal the better. Cant really have any songs while people are waiting in case it gave the game away that we were getting married! x

Are you having your service on a Sunday during the normal church service, or is the 'christening' being held on a Saturday? xxx

Are you having your service on a Sunday during the normal church service, or is the 'christening' being held on a Saturday? xxx

Saturday :thumbup: We wanted Easter Sunday but he was going to struggle, understandable, fitting us in with him being so busy, so Sat 31st March it is. Going to be hard enough explaining that one away :haha:

hehe sounds perfect! Oh it will be such a suprise!

We are not having a church wedding but I am walking into the instrumental version of kissing you(romeo and juliet theme) We are having djsammy candlelight mix while signing the register and for walking out we are having take that rule the world(our song) we have got other music in ther for seating of the guests ect but those are the main 3.

When i 1st heard Canon in D i was thinking kill me now but them i heard the celtic mix and love it so iam walking in to that.

i have no clue, its the one thing i havent even thought about yet!!

Im walking in to canon in d, no idea about leaving or signing the register! I think were having 2 hymns, all things bright and beautiful & either i watch the sunrise, whole world in his hands, give me joy and lord of the dance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->