What stuff is uavailable in the USA?

Elli21

Reaction score
My cousin lives there, and Leigha and I want to send them a surprise parcel.

We want to know what we get here, that they cant get or find it hard to get?

And help will be amazing xx

Chocolate. American chocolate is different and nowhere near as nice (imo). A friend of mine always gets visitors to take pg tips over!

I remember someone mentioning baked beans and tea bags as being hard to find

I've always heard tea bags, chocolate (Hershey's is gross!) and seasonal things like mince pies and Xmas pudding!! I just had a quick google and it said biscuits like Jamie dodgers and custard creams, worchester sauce, HP sauce and marmite!! Also which is random those Schwartz packets you buy like pork casserole where u just bung in the packet, it says you can't get that over there!!

Yes Cadburys are very hard to find here as is Galaxy and wine gums. Angel Delight is also not available here.

proper smarties! what they call a smartie is nowhere the same (or even has chocolate!)

When we were just over there I couldn't find any Cheese and Onion crisps, they only have sour cream and chive!!

I found baked beans (Heinz) in walmart but boy were they expensive. Yes Cadburys, not sure about where your friends live, if it is a hot area it might melt before getting delivered. (just something to think about) x

My sister always asks for Nambarrrie tea bags, Oxo cubes and Cadburys and Galaxy chocolate. Walkers crisps as well :)

Marmite, bistro gravy, British cadburys, English tea bags (pg tips etc), normal bacon but you can't really send that lol, British magazines.

I'm completely forgetting everything I missed lol,my out think you'd always remember!!

Graviess and packet sauces definitely! My sister lives in NC and my Mum regularly brings her Paxo Stuffing mixes and Bread Sauce! She can get hold of some Cadburys stuff at the 'ethnic food' section of her local store but she says packet sauces are nigh on impossible to find!

Kinder Eggs! But they're banned because of small pieces and being a choking hazard, so you may find they get confiscated :dohh: And good chocolate; I hated Hersheys :sick:

I'm confused though; since Kraft bought-out Cadbury's, have they taken it to the US? I have friends in the US that go on about Cadbury's Creme Eggs, so perhaps they already have Cadbury's there.

You can buy dairy milk in the US but it doesn't taste the same. Where we lived you could buy things like baked beans, marmite, etc.
But things like oxo, packet mixes, proper English stuffing, (marzipan, glacee cherries and mixed peel if they are the type to make their own Christmas cake - can't get those really)
I guess it really depends on what they like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->