What sun cream do you use?

sunshine82

Reaction score
I'm almost six weeks and I need new suncream as lost mine lol !

Can anyone recommend any good chemical free ones that work well. My skin is quite sensitive at the moment!

Thanks ladies x

I just bought Badger brand. I think anything that uses zinc or titanium oxide is good. There are lots of brands that do.

Badger is good, anything with zinc oxide in it as the active ingredient. It does not rub in well at all, a good trick is to mix it with some lotion. I use Alba Botanicals orange bottle. It rates OK by the EWG, not the worst but not the best.

Badger is good, anything with zinc oxide in it as the active ingredient. It does not rub in well at all, a good trick is to mix it with some lotion. I use Alba Botanicals orange bottle. It rates OK by the EWG, not the worst but not the best.

I've never used Badger but headed to the beach. Glad to know its hard to rub in!

Gee I never even thought of this...are there certain sunblock ingredients that are actually harmful in pregnancy? Or are you just preferring something more natural? I am on vacation as of tomorrow....I better make sure the stuff I have is ok before I cover myself in it for a week. It's neutrogena ultra sheer, definitely not zinc oxide, some kind of chemical that I never would have given a second thought to before.

Darn I guess I better also look into natural insect repellent (so glad we don't have zika in Canada!)

Gee I never even thought of this...are there certain sunblock ingredients that are actually harmful in pregnancy? Or are you just preferring something more natural? I am on vacation as of tomorrow....I better make sure the stuff I have is ok before I cover myself in it for a week. It's neutrogena ultra sheer, definitely not zinc oxide, some kind of chemical that I never would have given a second thought to before.

Darn I guess I better also look into natural insect repellent (so glad we don't have zika in Canada!)

Go on the Environmental WOrking Group Website (EWG) and look up your sunscreen. Anything rated 1 or 2 is good, the higher the number the more bad chemicals it has in it. In general SPF is toxic but not as bad as getting a sunburn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->