What the hell do we do now :(

Kimmer

Mummy to a beautiful baby
Reaction score
Sorry, this may be long..

Here's the story.. Me and my husband are living in a rented flat.

We were having help with the rent from the council paid to our bank account. One day in January we got money for rent, tat same day my mother was diagnosed withh breast cancer.
All logic left my mind and some of the rent got spent.

We tried to explain this to our landlady but she was having none of it. Said she wants us out.
We arranged for the rent to be paid to her. We heard no more.

Until today.. Got a voice mail from our landlady asking when our moving out date is?!

Were screwed! We took out loans from the council to get this place, we can't get any more money. We owe her hundreds now.. Its built up.

We can't afford to live here and we can't move out. She's keeping our deposit.

What do we do?! Going to the council tomorrow. They won't give us a place unless were homeless, right?

Our world as been shattered.. We thought the problem was sorted..

:hugs: Hope you get it sorted out. If your landlady evicts you then you will effectively be homeless so they council may be able to help you xx

our local council advisor said this to me when i wanted to run away from my mr.man lol...

with housing bennefit/there helpwith deposits/bonds you can pri rent and what housing bennefit doesn't cover you pay yourself. paying your rent is YOUR responsibility and failure to pay your rent could result in you in the councils eyes being made intentially homeless and in that case they wont help you as priority as it's your own fault you are in that situation. although your council may have a dif approach to it?

when i asked the advisor about getting somewhere she said a hostel/lodge/bnb type place would be offered as i have a child and i am pregnant too. not a house, that would come later but for however long would be a hostel/lodge/bnb.

she has everyright to keep your deposit if you don't pay rent, that's part of what it's for.
are you still under contract? apparently from what i have heard from estateagents getting tenants out under contract is very very hard, maybe you could look into that side if things?

xXx

Am I right in thinking that you only owe her part of the rent from January that mistakenly got spent ? If so is there no way you can come to some sort of arrangement to pay back that missing part over the next few months ?

I think going to the council is definetly the best option and see what they say,

Let us know what happens x

Hi Kimmer
Sorry, I can't offer any advice because I don't know how things work over there...
Just wanted to say I'm really sorry to hear about your mum. :hugs:
Good luck. x

She is entitled to keep the deposit if you failed to pay her. Have you spoken to her and tried to pay it back to her over afew months

if she wants you out, you're classed as homeless hun

We went to the council but got turned away because they were "too busy".
We have a contract that ends on May 17th.
We owe her about £250 for january (we didn't spend that much, but we have to top the rent up too)
The council pay £475 a month, but the rent is 525. But the council work things out weirdly so she gets 218 every 2 weeks, meaning she never has 525 by the time the rent is due. in her eyes we owe about £600.

She won't come to any arrangment about payment. She wants us out. It was obvious she didn't want us there from the word go.

The point is, we can't pay her back, even if we could, we now can't afford to top the rent up. We can't move out because we dont earn enough to keep paying her.

We can't get the money to get a new place.. if she takes us to court, we'll never be able to rent again.

If the council say it's our fault (i understand that it is, but we have tried to sort it out) and won't help us, were homeless.

I really don't know what to do..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->