• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What the hell is Katie Price playing at??

I guess it's all a matter of opinion really. I just think at 3 years old, any form of beautification is unnecessary. Maybe at 5 or 6 but even then that's pushing it. Let her grow up as herself without all the shit thats turned KP into who and what she is today. It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't the daughter of such an image conscious woman who is bound to pass her own insecurities onto Princess.

i curl & straighten my daughters hair, i dont see what the problem is! Ive painted their nails & they have worn make up (Roxie is younger than princess) i think saying its disgusting is a bit harsh, just because its not something you would chose to do yourself :shrug: it will be curly again after a bath so whats the harm?

My little girl is four and is allowed to wear nail varnish sometimes (she sees me doing it and wants to play), I've straightened her hair before when she needs to be tidy as it's naturally crazy mad and very difficult to do anything with, I curled her hair for her Christmas play AND put glitter in it for her (she was an angel)...and I don't think I'm a particularly shocking mother. As someone else has said, how do we know her daughter didn't just want to play dress-up when her mom was getting ready?

I don't read Heat magazine or any of these other gossip mags so I'm not really up on celebrity stuff, but I certainly wouldn't judge someone based on a media portrayal.

Hmm plenty of little girls get their ears pierced and last time I checked that was purely for cosmetic reasons. In my opinion straightening a little girl's hair is literally harmless compared to piercing them.

Not that I would do either as I like natural looking babies, but I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist over hair straightening either. It's not hurting her.

I think one of the main issues surrounding it for some people is that make up and doing hair is for older girls, teens, women etc. Not for young girls.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure as mums, you're not going to sexualise your daughters, that's not what I'm trying to say at all, but in my view, as I've stated before, girls are naturally beautiful and don't need all that stuff. I have the same opinion with ear piercing too, for me, unnecessary until old enough to decide to have it done themselves and can take proper care of their ears.
Girls are under enormous pressure these days to look a certain way, be it with their weight, height, looks. My issue with it is I would rather girls be comfortable in their own natural beauty than rely on artificial looks.

Not trying to be offensive at all and if I have offended in anyway, I do apologise.

Just my honest opinion and view. :flower:

Hmmm.

I think it's a shock to UK mum's because generally it's not done very much... in the states where pageants are more common then the mum's do all manner of things to the little one's appearances. I wouldn't be shocked by it myself and if it's not done all the time then I'll see no problem with it.

I'd put product in Fin's hair (When he's older and actually has hair) for special occasions - Birthdays and weddings etc. If I have a daughter I'd curl hair and maybe allow a bit of childish makeup for the same events. I want my children to have the same pride in their appearance and dressing up for special occasions that we do. Would I do it regularly or daily? No... but I would do it. :) xx

The thing is, when little girls are around Princess' age, they see their mummies doing their hair and make up and want to have a go. Not because they read Heat and think they have to stay thin and wear fake lashes, kwim? I agree, when girls get older they do see media portrayal of women it does get a bit more than that. But when you're 3, you just want to be like your mummy and if mummy paints her nails then you want to as well :)

I definitely don't judge someone for straightening their kid's hair, I just really really hate Katie Price :rofl: But obviously its completely harmless, I just personally don't think I will ever do it to Ivy. Maybe I'm just oversensitive when it comes to self-esteem issues but because I have had so many problems due to my bad body image in the past I am just so desperate for Ivy to think she is just perfect the way she is and that it just doesn't matter what her hair looks like, there are more important things in life to be worrying about! (Yes, I'm a hypocrite :haha:)

The thing is, when little girls are around Princess' age, they see their mummies doing their hair and make up and want to have a go. Not because they read Heat and think they have to stay thin and wear fake lashes, kwim? I agree, when girls get older they do see media portrayal of women it does get a bit more than that. But when you're 3, you just want to be like your mummy and if mummy paints her nails then you want to as well :)

Maybe I feel this way cos I have issues and never had that with my mum, I don't know! :shrug:

I think KP is a horrible person, for reasons i won't go onto here, but she definitely isn't a 'good' mum (although at least she doesn't abuse her children)

I went to a childrens birthday party last week and the soft play place was packed with wannabe WAGs, and their children were dressed up as accessories. I'm all for making your children look cute/smart etc, but dressing them up as mini-WAGs is a bit much IMO. I know for a fact that one of the mum's straightens her daughters hair, and the daughter obviously doesn't care, so it's only the mother's vanity which can be the reason for it.

I'd put product in Fin's hair (When he's older and actually has hair) for special occasions - Birthdays and weddings etc. If I have a daughter I'd curl hair and maybe allow a bit of childish makeup for the same events. I want my children to have the same pride in their appearance and dressing up for special occasions that we do. Would I do it regularly or daily? No... but I would do it. :) xx

Ooooh i cant wait to start using gel on Aymens hair....DH has already experimented on him, but its only cos LO has mounds of hair already.
Its very cute and hardly child abuse!

cant stand her nothing she does will surprise me x

I've seen on her show before where she's straightening her hair, and putting mascara on her :wacko: and that was a while ago! x

why cant kids just be kids? they dont need makeup or their hair done, yea they like to play dress up but to do it so they look better? sorry but i dont get it

appearance is important these days though, having nice hair isnt any different to wearing nice clothes IMO, If Reese looks good she feel comfortable & confident, so thats better than feeling insecure! :shrug: just to add i dont straighten my daughters hair daily but its always immaculate when we leave the house as thats the way i want them to look everyday.

It's hardly child abuse. I don't think it really matters :shrug:
I don't get the WAG reference someone made either though! How do you know if someone wants to marry a footballer by looking at them?

But how do you know her little girl didn't WANT her hair straightened? When i was little, I used to play with make-up and do my hair and stuff. It was still PLAYING...therefore I WAS a kid just being a kid!
But yeah, I'll say again, I don't like her either :haha:
But people ARE calling her an unfit mother here, which we have no idea is true! What has she done to be an unfit mother? And surely the hair thing doesn't make her one?
Not trying to cause an argument as I do see your point, I just don't see anything tooo awful with the hair thing. x

why cant kids just be kids? they dont need makeup or their hair done, yea they like to play dress up but to do it so they look better? sorry but i dont get it

Oh I agree. Children don't need anything to look better. They are all gorgeous just as they are.

The way I see it is that for certain events (parties and weddings etc) you'd put a smart suit or a pretty dress on your toddler. I don't know if I'll feel the same when they reach that age but at the moment I'd see no problem making an extra effort with hair etc on that occasion. I think children gain a lot from being taught to take pride in their appearance... whilst also being taught that appearance isn;t everything. Need to strike a balance xx

Also, little boys are allowed to play at being footballers/wrestlers/army men or whatever lol! Why can't little girls play at doing their hair/make-up like other women they see? I don't agree with the sexualising thing...but doing your hair isn't neccessarily sexualising yourself is it? Wearing a super short skirt and bra maybe, but doing your hair is just looking pretty! I do my hair! For myself, not so guys will think i'm sexy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"