What the hell is Katie Price playing at??

Katy Price is a disgusting woman for many reasons, including renting her kids out to every magazine/tv show that waves abit of cash at her.

However, as for straightening Princess' hair, maybe she said she wanted it to be like mummy's? I know when my sister was 3 she used to watch me doing my hair and make-up and want her to do hers. I don't see any harm in doing it occasionally.

I should add BTW that I don't even wear make up once a week, never have, so there's NO way that by teaching my children to make an effort for special occasions will allow them to become obsessed with looks. They'll learn more by watching and seeing me than they will by dressing up every now and then. I think it's far more damaging for children to see their mother spend hours each day preening and having perfect hair/make up every day than it is for them to get done up for the odd event. Just my opinion xx

I havent read the whole thread because tbh I cba!! Buh I have straightened my OHs neices hair many times, infact both his nieces hair, ffrom the age of 2/3 years. I had the straightners on the lowest heat possible and only quickly put it through their hair, I dont see the problem in doing in every now and again,, and im sure Katie isnt so stupid to use GHDs on her daughters hair excessively!

I do my hair and make up every day, doesn't take me long, just part of my daily routine same as taking a shower, puting on clean clothes etc. I want my LO and any others that come along to make the most of themselves. I am one of 3 girls, my mum always took/ takes a pride in her appearance but be were't 'neglected' as a result. My niece is 3 and sometimes when she see's us geting ready she wants some lipgloss or something on, I don't really see a problem with it.

I'd be more worried about the danger of the heat.

What if you accidentally caught their ear or fingers and burnt it? I've done it to myself so many times, and kids are lot more wiggly than I am!

I too think there's a difference between dressing up and playing at home, and dressing your kid up 'to look nicer' when going out.

same here. I kinda want to do amelies hair now :blush:

i cant remember a time when i didnt wear makeup everyday so I assume I must have been 9 or 10 when I started?

where do the PP's get the notion that Katie Price spends lots of time with her kids? :dohh: even in her reality programmes, the kids are around, but she's not "spending time" with them.. she's doing her own thing while the nannys run around after them.

ive never straightened morgans hair but thats out of fear i will burn her and also she doesnt have a lot anyway

KP is trying to create a mini me as that much is obvious, I think both her kids resemble Peter more than anyone, their eyes and mouth, that probably really gets on her goat :D

I think it's far more damaging for children to see their mother spend hours each day preening and having perfect hair/make up every day than it is for them to get done up for the odd event.

wow, 'damaging'? harsh word.

i certainly hope that's not the case. i do my hair and make up everyday and i don't have any intention to stop (though i might have to speed it up when oliver gets more demanding). i'd hate to think i was 'damaging' my son.

I think it's far more damaging for children to see their mother spend hours each day preening and having perfect hair/make up every day than it is for them to get done up for the odd event.

i certainly hope that's not the case. i do my hair and make up everyday and i don't have any intention to stop (though i might have to speed it up when oliver gets more demanding). i'd hate to think i was 'damaging' my son.

I sit Ivy in front of my full length mirror and she loves watching me get ready! In fact she has become obsessed with a moisturiser bottle so I can be sure that she will have a good skincare routine when she's older :rofl:

https://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb75/lucillemclennan/008.jpg

I sit Ivy in front of my full length mirror and she loves watching me get ready! In fact she has become obsessed with a moisturiser bottle so I can be sure that she will have a good skincare routine when she's older :rofl:

hahaha, start as you mean to go on ivy! she's soo cute!

i involve oliver in everything, when i shower i lay a blanket in the door way and put a load of toys on it for him, and he lays there watching me do my full routine. :lol:

while i was standing in front of the mirror drying my hair earlier he was lying on the floor watching me in the mirror, and would laugh every time i turned around. i'm not sure he understands the mirror concept yet, it's more like "oooh she's in the mirror... OH MY GOD NOW SHE'S FACING ME... oooh mummy's in the mirror... OH MY GOD HOW DID SHE FACE ME AGAIN" simple things...... :rofl:

she is very cute :)

You're right, damaging is a harsh word. Didn't think before using. Certainly not judging anyone or viewing anyone negatively for how they chose to self care and raise their LOs (I'm jealous though because I find it hard to make time to shower every day let alone do my hair lol... maybe I should put the laptop down more :haha:).

I hope I can explain this without causing offence because I really don't mean to at all. I mean that overall I think a little girl would learn more about the importance of appearances by seeing their Mum making a daily effort to look good than they would by the odd time getting dressed up themselves. I saw an episode of Jo Frosts extreme parenting where young girls wanted to be thinner because they saw their Mothers scrutinise themselves in the mirror without knowing the affect ot was having on their LOs.

I don't think anyone is damaging their child by doing their own make up etc. Poor choice of words of my part :flower:

Oh and Lou... I want to eat her. NOM! xx

When I straighten my hair the twins come along and point to their hair so I straighten a little bit and they go off and play. I dont think its bad, its not like it happens all the time. Poor Katie Price, everything she does is always judged, nothing she does is good enough for the public eye. Always bitching about her. At least she spends time with her children unlike some celebs.
Yeah sometimes she can be a bit silly but hey ho.
And Chloe and Jaycee watch me get dressed and go into my wardrobe and take my handbags and high heels out and walk around the house laughing at each other. I dont see any problem in having a good appearance however long it takes someone to get ready.

My 2 year old would love her hair straightened, she would sit still and if I wanted to do it, it would be MY decision as it ISN'T child abuse.

I wonder if the people bitching about hair straightening have pierced their kids ears.

i personally will not allow isabel to straighten her hair until she is a teenager (if its still in fashion by then!!!) and same with make up...i just think society allows children to grow up too quick a lot of the time and i think becoming a teenager is a good time to let her symbolise changing from a child albeit a graduated change...not an overnight frankenstine! lol!

when hair is straightened it strips the natural protective coating off the hair and by spraying a heat protector on it helps prevent this but not completely

i straighten my hair in front of isabel but tell her they're only for mummy and keep them out of her reach even when cold as i think it does her good to know she can't have anything she likes...same as coffee...thats for adults only in her eyes

its each individual parents choice whether they straighten their childs hair or whatever, but i hope (IMO) if its something potentially damaging that its only done in small controlled doses like laura2919 described

and yes like with laura2919 isabel loves watching me get dolled up and now while i put on my daytime make up she plays dress up in my wardrobe and walks around with my boots on :haha:

someone else mentioned jo frosts extreme parenting - i saw that too and it shocked me the effect that throwaway remarks about your own weight can have on your child so i for one will be trying not to make comments about my weight in front of isabel and will keep them in my head instead! :shock:

p.s. serene123 i'm not bitching about hair straightening even though its not for isabel just yet but for the record, no she does not have pierced ears...talk about trying to start a ruckass! :nope:

I wouldn't straighten Caitlyn's hair either but it is my business if other people do it? It's my decision. Same with everything else people do for their kids.

"Trying to start a ruckass?" Have you read the OP? :wacko: Like that wasn't going to cause a ruckass! People over-react so much.

What I meant was, everyone does stuff people don't agree with. I wouldn't come on here and bitch about my SIL straightening my nieces hair when she was 3... but because it's a celeb everyone thinks they can have a dig? But real people do it, too.

Wishingonastar, just curious, would you not even curl/straighten your LO's hair for a special occassion, say she was going to a friends birthday party? If it was going to be a one off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->