What the hell is Katie Price playing at??

i have straigtened jamie-leighs hair before. no big deal!

im not a big katie price fan but,
i cant really see what the big deal is as long as its not done everyday and just every now and then:shrug:

im sure shes a very happy, well cared for child, people are so quick to judge others!!

im not a big katie price fan but,
i cant really see what the big deal is as long as its not done everyday and just every now and then:shrug:

im sure shes a very happy, well cared for child, people are so quick to judge others!!

totally agree xx

shes not right in the head that woman, its not just the straightening its the fact she is pi**ing on everything that Petes against, they're his kids too, and he has proven hes much more responsible than her

Did anyone else see in the paper about the burn on Princess' back? Pete took her to a Dr who said it could have been caused by straighteners, but Katie's reps are saying it was done in a sauna....

I also read it happened in a sauna. In the report I saw it was supposed to have happened when Katie's mum was caring for the children on holiday.

Katie accused Peter of deliberately leaking the story to the press and he has denied it. She apparently also implied that when her son Harvey was burned awhile back that it was somehow down to Pete.

Peter has claimed that he didn't leak the story but said he wanted to take the opportunity to say he's not happy about the hair straightening and that he wasn't immediately told that Princess was injured.

To be honest, I'm surprised I read that far into the report, I normally skip reading anything to do with either of them. I don't think Katie is a bad mum, although I do connect more with Peter's parenting style (what little I know of it). But I do think both Katie and Peter need to grow up and get their children out of the media spotlight, especially when that spotlight is highlighting petty fights and backstabbing.

I don't like this tit for tat business in leaking things to the press and I don't think it is good for the children at all. Either now or in the future those children are going to see all this and they won't like it. If it's neither Katie nor Peter leaking the information then they need to find out who is betraying them by using the children and get that person out of the childrens lives.

And that's my main problem with both of them actually. I don't think a one off hair straightening session will ruin Princess's life but I do think having parents who are constantly at each others throats will do some damage to it, especially as every single fight and snipe will be available for her to read on the internet for the rest of her life. As will her mother having a procession of unsuitable relationships/marriages/public divorces (I have no idea what or who Pete might be involved with.) I do also think that Katie promotes a poor body image to girls and women so as far as copying mummy is concerned IMO Princess does have a bad role model. Katie is not naturally that shape or that colour and if the tans are real or come from a sunbed then they aren't healthy either. If you are naturally build like her that's one thing but if it is only acheived through constant diets and maintained by surgery then no, it's not so good. It's setting an ideal that is unrealistic and perhaps even dangerous.

If it were just this one off thing I doubt Katie would be getting so much bad press or that people on here would be starting threads asking what she is playing at. But it isn't just this one thing, it's a constant stream of fights and divorces and make-overs and surgery and court cases and highly public media bitching at each other and it's the entire media circus package that makes me feel this particular little girl and those two boys aren't having the ideal childhood that they should have even though they do actually have two parents who love them and all the money in the world to take care of them. And that's why I feel sorry for them.

Why people believe papers I dont know...

It's not so much believing the papers but the stories and photographs and TV shows and interviews and autobiographies are there for anyone to look at.

They are a couple who have worked hard to be in the spotlight. They both have TV shows following their every move and Katie in particular has always worked hard to be in the news if it suits her to be. Her relationships have always been high profile too and although I know most celebrities have their fair share of unwanted attention there are some who try to live as normal a life as possible and others who court the press when it suits them and complain when it doesn't.

I don't go looking for stories about them but sometimes it seems impossible to pick up a paper or turn on the TV without seeing something about them and usually it's not complimentary.

So whether these things are true or not, they are there for anyone to see, including her children when they are older, and put together it presents an image that isn't entirely complimentary to either of them anymore. Whether I believe it or not (and I admit the media are more than likely distorting things to make a 'better' story) what is reported in the news will be around forever and that's what their children will have to look back on.

I didnt say they didnt put their business in the public eye I just said I dont know why everyone believes in what the papers say. IMO she makes herself look stupid by the way she acts and he thinks he is the worlds best dad but slating her parenting skills isnt going to do anything. I think she does her best with her children. Nobody knows how hard it must be for her. Poor girl. Yes she is a prat sometimes but people just assume her children arent well looked after.

My niece stuck her hand in my straightners once and burnt her fingers my mum went mad but it was a mistake by me. I put them on the side and she came in my bedroom when I was living at mums and grabbed the unit and put her hand in them. Accidents do happen.

I didnt say they didnt put their business in the public eye I just said I dont know why everyone believes in what the papers say. IMO she makes herself look stupid by the way she acts and he thinks he is the worlds best dad but slating her parenting skills isnt going to do anything. I think she does her best with her children. Nobody knows how hard it must be for her. Poor girl. Yes she is a prat sometimes but people just assume her children arent well looked after.

My niece stuck her hand in my straightners once and burnt her fingers my mum went mad but it was a mistake by me. I put them on the side and she came in my bedroom when I was living at mums and grabbed the unit and put her hand in them. Accidents do happen.

That was my point.

Because they put themselves out there for everyone to watch, people will make judgements based on what they see. Even when we know that some of what we see is edited and manipulated, either by the media or by Katie and/or Peter themselves. It's not a case of blindly believing every newspaper article but the fact that so much of thier lives takes place in the public eye makes it difficult for anyone not to form an opinion about them, good or bad.

I agree that accidents happen to anyone even when they are right beside their child thinking they are safe and I'm sure you felt terrible that your neice was hurt. But it wouldn't have made the situation any better for her or your family if you had then had an all out war in the press with each side bitching about the other in an effort to score points.

It's those things that make people judge them both badly.

The lashes were gross too:

https://codiemck.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/princesslashes.jpg

I think Princess is going to be a trainwreck like her mother when she is older. Such a shame.

https://www.katieprice.co.uk/princess-tiaamii-2

https://www.katieprice.co.uk/princess-and-notw-statement

Anyone seen that?! I say each to their own if they want to do something to their child, you may not like the next person straightening a child's hair, but the next person may not like something you do with your child!!!!
Not saying anyone is right or wrong, but no amount of OMG you stupid women is going to change KP and what she does to her daughter, as she isn't quite all there!!!!!

I agree with her tbh. I don't like Peter at all. He's always playing with the press and trying to get 1up on her and its pathetic. They should BOTH care enough about their children to keep their grievances out of the public eye for their sake. Its stupid of Peter to let the cameras film a personal conversation about the burn.

Also, the lashes arent even stuck on.. whats the big deal. + Even if they were stuck on, big deal! Its obv she did it for a funny pic and they come off as easy as they go on. No lasting damage.

I paint Amelies nails all the time cos she asks after she see's me doing mine. Does that make me a bad mother ? Will Amelie be a 'trainwreck' when she's older? :growlmad:

I agree with her tbh. I don't like Peter at all. He's always playing with the press and trying to get 1up on her and its pathetic. They should BOTH care enough about their children to keep their grievances out of the public eye for their sake. Its stupid of Peter to let the cameras film a personal conversation about the burn.

I agree, Peter seems so smarmy and false and always trying to act like he's the best dad on earth but really if he was any sort of father he'd say turn the cameras off this is personal, especially as Katie had asked him to keep the kids out of the public eye (although that seems slightly ridiculous after she happily had them on her tv show and on various shoots with her but hey) even if he disagreed he should have respected her wishes, she is his kids mother after all. I know I'd be pretty angry if I specifically asked FOB not to do something and he deliberately did it to try and make himself look like a great dad and make me look like a bad mum.

I dont think it is a big deal, I have not straightened nor curled my girls hair, but I do paint their nails, they ask (actually occasionally I do Morgan's too cos he asks, he's six) so I do it. Naomi-Mae (5) got some eye make up for christmas, it was £3 from Asda, again she asked, she doesnt wear it our but she loves being like me. She puts it on Kaysie B (2 years 9 m) because she asks as she wants to be like her big sister.

I do think that both need to keep their private stuff private, Junior must be almost six and he will be picking this all up :nope:

I dont think it is a big deal, I have not straightened nor curled my girls hair, but I do paint their nails, they ask (actually occasionally I do Morgan's too cos he asks, he's six) so I do it. Naomi-Mae (5) got some eye make up for christmas, it was £3 from Asda, again she asked, she doesnt wear it our but she loves being like me. She puts it on Kaysie B (2 years 9 m) because she asks as she wants to be like her big sister.

I do think that both need to keep their private stuff private, Junior must be almost six and he will be picking this all up :nope:

That is so cute that he wants to try too. I wonder if he will mind that when he's older. I can imagine the "muuuuummmm! Why did you let me do that?" when he is older and you are telling his girlfriend about it. I once made DH let me paint his nails "so I could see what the colours were like when they set" without having to paint mine and wipe it all off again when I decided.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a little girl (or boy) wanting to be like mummy but I do think that in KP's case people see it as mummy wanting her little girl to be her clone or her dress up doll toy. And again, that's because both she and Peter live so much of their lives on TV and in the press and they are putting out this image of themselves as people who will use their children for publicity, attention and point scoring.

I think that's why people are calling her a trainwreck, so much of her life really is car crash television and she's mostly the one who put it there.

So I agree with you Tash, the private stuff needs to stay private for the children's sake, not made public for the careers sake.

Hahaha, you are probably right, never thought of the older bit. Oooops. Once he had it on and then we went to buy sandals, the shop assistants were all fussing over him telling him they loved the colour :haha:

Yes, I think you are right. They should only care what their children need and think, not the public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->