What the hell is Katie Price playing at??

Lol believe me, it's a pain in the arse. But hey, like I said, I don't do anything with it normally so it just always looks a mess. When she goes to playschool all the kids have normal hair then in she goes with her side bits sticking out, her fringe all over the place and her ponytail is all bumpy where I've tried to brush her hair back over her double crown :lol:

G's hair is the bane of my life, this is what it looks like naturally:

View attachment 163595

She has a double crown, the sides of her hair don't grow, they flick out and aren't long enough to put back in a bobble, the top layer of her hair is straight and the bottom layer is loose ringlets. It's a nightmare, it always looks a mess :lol:

awww shes really cute.

i used to put Reese's hair in a clip when she was little but she ate it :blush: so i dont really use hair clips anymore :rofl:

sorry hun but the way you worded that made me chuckle! i've caught isabel trying to see how edible her hair clip is before so now she only wears them under strict supervision and that ends up being about once a month at the mo!!! lol

What makes them do these random things? Lol. MIL brought the twins ickle teeny weeny ones and I couldnt use them because I knew they would just swallow it

Lol believe me, it's a pain in the arse. But hey, like I said, I don't do anything with it normally so it just always looks a mess. When she goes to playschool all the kids have normal hair then in she goes with her side bits sticking out, her fringe all over the place and her ponytail is all bumpy where I've tried to brush her hair back over her double crown :lol:

Aww she is a cutie pie. I have some pics of the twins looking like I havent bathed them in forever because their hair makes them look untidy.. I cant wait til they have long hair. Like PP's Brooke, she has gorgeous hair!!!

i know! i realise they feel shapes and stuff with their mouths but not with their tummies so whats with eating everything that fits down the hatch :rofl:

she was only about 1 when she ate it, all of a sudden i was like "oh, wheres her clip gone?" then i heard her clinking something on her teeth & it was gone :shock:

it never came out the other end, i half expect her to come to me when she older with her 1st scan pic of her baby next to the hair clip :rofl:

I agree that appearance is important but I still think a balance between taking pride in a child's appearance and an adults is necessary.

Nice hair for a child is hair that is clean and tidy and that can be acheived just as well with shampoo and a hair band as with whatever products and straighteners were used on Princess.

And they certainly don't need make-up and/or false eyelashes to look beautiful at three years old. I know they make certain make-up sets for little girls but they are like clear nail polish and tinted lip balms, they really don't need the contents of a Boots Make-up counter smeared all over their faces to look nice.

I know children like to copy. For example, my nephew was eight when he got hold of his dad's razor and tried to have a shave! My brother got the fright of his life, promised to talk him through his first shave when he is old enough to need one and made sure the razor was safely put away after that.

When the time comes that's kind of a boys right of passage isn't it? The first shave with his dad giving advice?

And it should be the same for girls, IMO, when they get to be about 12 or so (and even then they still don't need make-up).

Look at, for example, Cher Lloyd on the X Factor. She looks absolutely dreadful when caked in make-up and fake tan, it ages her in a bad way and just looks awful. But without it she is a very delicate and beautiful girl. When she turns 40 she will look back at her photo's and wonder why she didn't appreciate the young skin and natural beauty while she had it.

My girls are two and still explore everything with their mouths! Crayons are the favourite! At Christmas we was at my mums and Chloe sucked a black pen and all her teeth, tongue and lips were black. I dont know if its normal at their age to still do it. lol

My girls are two and still explore everything with their mouths! Crayons are the favourite! At Christmas we was at my mums and Chloe sucked a black pen and all her teeth, tongue and lips were black. I dont know if its normal at their age to still do it. lol

Roxie still does that on a daily basis & shes 3, she likes to draw all over her legs with pens that say they are washable but you soon find out that they mean clothes not skin :rofl:

Roxie still does that on a daily basis & shes 3, she likes to draw all over her legs with pens that say they are washable but you soon find out that they mean clothes not skin :rofl:

yep...even pencil seems to sit well on toddlers skin and not come off easily! :dohh:

the day i learnt she had finally learnt to undo my blusher pot was a sad day for the blusher (it ended up going to blusher heaven), a sad day for my cream carpet (i'm sure you can imagine), a pale day for me (i hadn't got to that part of my routine yet!) but a happy day for isabel (she finally got to that funny pink stuff she'd wanted to touch for ages!)

she doesn't have my makeup bag anymore!!!!

it never came out the other end, i half expect her to come to me when she older with her 1st scan pic of her baby next to the hair clip :rofl:

this made me chuckle out loud :rofl:

Is it twins? No mum remember that hair clip I swallowed when I was one :rofl:

Chloe did that with my eye make up (the powder one from maybeline) I have a brown carpet and a brown sofa and it was on the sofa on the floor and a little footprint around it.. :haha: It was one of those tubs with the brush on it.. I didnt know there was that much powder in one

My 2 year old would love her hair straightened, she would sit still and if I wanted to do it, it would be MY decision as it ISN'T child abuse.

I wonder if the people bitching about hair straightening have pierced their kids ears.

I have a son, but even if I did have a daughter, I've always expressed my wish that I do not want my daughter having her ears pierced until she's at least 8-10 years old.

I believe that vanity in children should be left well alone until it gets to those years where they themselves take more of an interest in their appearance.
The basics suffice well enough. Obviously I realise it's different strokes for different folks and I'm not saying she (Katie Price) is a bad mother, I am just shocked that she would have straightened Princess's hair. People have said they would do it for a special occasion, fine fair enough, but it seemed...and yes, before people jump down my throat, it SEEMED, although can't be sure and obviously none of my business, that it was just a general thing and what starts off as occasionally could develop into regularly which could be bad for Princess's hair and self esteem. However...Alicia Douvalls daughter saw the effects all of the preening and surgery had on her mum, so maybe Princess will go in the opposite direction. It just shocked me that's all because she has such beautiful hair and I read that young kids hair is very sensitive so thats part of the reason for my strong reaction. I wouldn't want any kid to have problems in the future with their hair because of premature use of using hair straighteners, however in an article I posted further up in the thread, they are safe enough to use as long as on a very low setting, so that's all well and good. My opinion on that is somewhat different.

It's not child abuse no, of course it isn't, I don't think anyone said it was. I think the point some people are trying to make is that children should be left unaltered or whatever the word is. Leave the beautification for the adults as lets face it, thats the market that these specific products such as make up and hair stuff is catered for. You don't see when you go to toy's r us and Argos a page for hair straighteners. Maybe pretend ones that don't do very much, but apart from that, nope.

It's just my view, might have been a bit harsh with my original post, but I stand by in that if I was the parent of a girl, she'd be allowed to play dress up, but without the make up and the hair straighteners and if there was make up, it'd be the ones you use on sensitive skin and it'd be very very neutral stuff, or clear lipbalm, so she'd wear it, but wouldn't see much but the fact she was wearing it would hopefully deter her from wanting to look like a clown lol!. :flower:

^ I think you're looking waaay too much into it. Straightening hair does not lower self esteem :wacko:.

Little girls just want to be like mummy. Amelie already plays with my makeup brushes and she has an empty compact and she swirls the brush in it and puts it on. She also wants her hair in plaits if I have one in and she has her own upsy daisy lipbalm cos she wants lipstick on all the time :shrug: She wears my bras and shoes too :blush: Its harmless fun.

^^^^^^^ i agree

my daughter is 5 and is always in my make up box.. she just wants to be like mummy like most girlies....

Katie Price's daughters hair might not of even been straightned with straightners it could of been blown dry straight, as it was poker straight like before when KP did it on her show:shrug:

Attachments

• article-0-0859B08D000005DC-250_468x409.jpg
    article-0-0859B08D000005DC-250_468x409.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 18
  • article-1352413-0CEA1D39000005DC-479_468x601.jpg
    article-1352413-0CEA1D39000005DC-479_468x601.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 21
:lol: Does it really matter?
I try not to judge people's parenting until I'm there myself, just like I wouldnt want someone who didnt have children judging how I parent Noah. For example toddlers having tantrums, I wouldn't judge the parents for it, because I don't know how I'll handle that :lol: I don't have a little girl, but I know pretty much for sure like lots of others in this thread, that if she got to like 2/3 and wanted to copy Mummy and have a little bit of her hair straightened (although my hair's straight anyway so she probably wouldn't need it.. But curled, whatever) I really wouldn't see the harm in it :shrug: Its a one-off... And if Princess was doing a magazine shoot it was probably just all part of the preparation, having a pampering day with Mummy and who are we to judge that? Like someone mentioned a while back, people seem to think its ok to be 'shocked' and 'disgusted' :wacko: among other things, because its a celebrity, but if someone on here posted a thread saying "Look how cute my daughter looks with her straightened hair!" I doubt you'd all jump on her telling her she was disgusting or damaging her child!

Such a long thread about something so trivial.
Can you imagine how many times Princess has seen her mum have her hair straightened? I bet she wanted to be like mummy. I personally wouldn't do it but really every so often or not often at all isn't a big deal in my opinion. Although I think more than anything else I'd worry a wrong move and the child has a burnt ear or something.
Peter Andre annoys me, he bought attention to it in his magazine column moaning about it, why not just speak to her about it. Pathetic if you ask me...

My daughter has really curly hair like katie price's daughter has, and I love her hair she wouldn't be lilly without it, I straighten my hair every other day and she went through a stage of keep asking me if she could have hers straightened too and I thought the more I say no the more she's going to want it, I thought no harm in doing it once so I straightened her hair once she was amazed that her hair was like mummys hair but she soon got bored and after her bath she was happy to have her curls back, she went through similar thing when she saw me put make up on and I put a little bit on her, it wasn't about vanity to her it was about being like mummy and spending time with mummy, as long as its not on a daily basis then I don't see a problem with the odd one of moment, I think people are over reacting just a bit! I do wonder if it was peter andre would people give him the same slack :/ I'm not so sure!
And I'm not a fan of her by the way!

if my little girl was here with us i have always said that i would never do anything to her
(ears pierced, makeup straightening etc etc ) untill she was old enough to specifically ask for it .

but i understand that every mummy is different and so are their decisions.

and very unfortunately there are children out there who are abused and would love a mummy who took an interest in what their hair looked like :cry:

Alex still likes to be tickled with my blusher brush though :rofl:

I dont see what the harm is? A photo shoot is probably a big deal for princess and Katie was just making her feel special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->