What time of day to start at?

faille

Mummy & WTT
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just g/c this section at the mo as we won't be weaning until the end of the month.

I'm just trying to get prepared a bit as we wanna try BLW and I was just wondering what the best time of day to try her first lot of solid food would be..?

She only seems really interested in what we're eating when we're both home having dinner. She doesn't really care during the day when it's just me eating. So would the evening be best as thats when she's most interested and she can feel included?

Or is there a recommended meal time?

Thanks! x

Hi, my LO is the same age as yours and we're going to try BLW too. Right now I'm having my own lunch at just after her 11.30am feed, and letting her play with a bit of whatever I'm eating. She's just ripped a bit of crumpet to shreds! I know she probably won't eat yet though.

So I would say lunch time. In the evening, I think you run the risk of her being tired, and as the first few weeks of BLW are about playing and copying and not eating, I would avoid giving her food then.

Maybe start on a weekend when OH is home? (if that's when he's home!)

I'd say just go with when she seems the most content and the most interested and if that's at the evening meal then great. The main thing is to give her a milk feed first so she's not hungry, otherwise she'll get frustrated with solids and not to do it when she's tired. We started at 5.30pm, then added one at 11am and just recently we've started trying breakfast.

Thank you.

If she needs milk first then we can't try it in the evening as she has her bottles at 4pm then the next one about 7.30pm - we have our dinner just before this. If we waited until after that bottle then she'd be falling asleep in it haha.

I guess lunch time would be best then because she's always nice and awake, content and then we can eat together as well. My OH will just have to make do with weekends lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->