What time should an 8 and 10 year old go to bed

My sons are 8 and 6 (almost 7), they go to bed between 8.30 and 9pm depending on how tired they are that night. At the weekend I let them stay up until normally around midnight as they get as long as they want to lie in in the mornings as long as we don't have anything on. If they are tired thought they will just take themselves upstairs and fall asleep, normally watching a DVD lol x

through the week def half 7 and 8 and then at the weekend around 9 and half 9 but id have them in their rooms but half 8 x

my son is 8 and he gets put to bed at 7 but he has aspergers so we have to start early as it can be as late as 11 some nights before he will settle

my 10 yo dd doesnt really have a bed time as such, she is usually pottering about in her room when her brother goes up to bed, i just leave her to it as she has no problems with sleep or getting up in the morning - she is normally sleeping by 930 at the lateset

I have my 4 year old in bed by 8... for an 8 year old, I might say 9.

I'm a teacher too (or was) and I hated seeing poor tired children coming into school. They don't learn as well, they don't behave as well and therefore the other kids don't learn as well and I can't do my job properly. I would have an 8 year old in bed by 8, and a 10 year old in bed by half past. Kids need sleep and grown ups need quiet time!!

my rules are if under 8yrs old they go to bed at 7:00 once they hit 8 its 8:00 once they hit 10 its 8:30 & at age 12 its 9:00 my oldest is 9 and is looking forward to being 12 she thinks 9:00 is soooo late and very old bless her every one is different in when they send there kids to bed although mine go straight up they wont fall asleep for quite a while

Depends what time they have to get up at normally. What I would question is what they would be doing at 11 o' clock. It's not like they can play outside and the tv is completely unsuitable!

My 11yr old step-son goes to bed at 9 on a weekday and 9-30 on a weekend. Maybe a little later if he finishing a dvd. when he was 9 he went to bed at 8 on a weekday and 8.30 on a weekend. Everybody needs there time at the end of the day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->