What to and what not to eat during pregnancy

No is Mr Whippy ice cream ...

Samenella is commonly found in the spout where old ice cream is caught

xxx

I dont know what I can and cannot eat here in Spain, So I am avoiding the usual stuff.

One of my favorite things here is chipporones which are tiny baby squids that have been deep fried whole, nothing removed, but I dont know if I should be eating them or not so I am just not bothering.

Hiya girls!

Does deli meat include the pre packed meat you get for sandwiches from the supermarket? Ive been eating it for lunch everyday! Cant do anything about it now, but Id rather stop if its not a good thing to be eating.

I feel so clueless about this whole thing! Trying to remember what you can or cant eat is hard work!!!

My doctor said not to eat deli meat as may contain listeria.

I'm more careful about what I eat but I still eat stuff you're not meant to like bree. I just make sure it's in date and not been out the fridge too long.

I normally eat quite healthily and don't have too much sugar but for about 2 weeks now I can't stop eating sweet foods. Especially milky ways. I always had a chocolate craving coming up to my AF before I was pregnant too.

Hi,

What about "Boiled Franks" ( Hot Dogs )

I just had one last night.

Mellow

I have added some foods you also can eat, as there has been some confusion with some of these recently........x

I dont know what I can and cannot eat here in Spain, So I am avoiding the usual stuff.

One of my favorite things here is chipporones which are tiny baby squids that have been deep fried whole, nothing removed, but I dont know if I should be eating them or not so I am just not bothering.

My midwife told me to avoid Mortadela, any Serrano Ham and chorizo, as well as all the usual things listed in the first post.

Hi, thanks for the info. I dont think feta cheese should be on your list though as its usually made with goats' milk which is off the menu. Although I am now confusing my self so maybe I am wrong.
LUCYXXX

Any cheese that's not pastuerized should be avoided from what I've been told :D

Thanks for the thread, confirmed a lot of things.

Anyone know if Ricotta Cheese counts as Unpasteurized - I have some spinich and ricotta pasta. Also cottage cheese?

Found the answer to my own question:

Cottage cheese, ricotta, cream cheese, processed cheeses (such as American) and hard cheeses (such as cheddar and parmesan), as well as cultured dairy products like yogurt and buttermilk, are generally considered to be safe. And most dairy products made in the US are pasteurized anyway. But since there's no guarantee, it's best to check the label and make sure that any dairy product you consume during pregnancy is made with pasteurized milk.

Found at: Babycenter.com

thanks for that, its alway wise to check up and find out something you didnt know!! x

Just discovered that Thousand Island Dressing (otherwise known as Marie Rose Dressing) contains raw egg yolk. Just thought I'd add it to the list in case anyone hadn't read the ingrediance.

It's put a stop to my fish finger sandwiches :(

Just discovered that Thousand Island Dressing (otherwise known as Marie Rose Dressing) contains raw egg yolk. Just thought I'd add it to the list in case anyone hadn't read the ingrediance.

It's put a stop to my fish finger sandwiches :(

Well there you go. I had no idea

so is philidelphia cheese spread a no no? :cry:

Just thought I'd tell you all that when I told all the girls in my ante-natal classes here in France all of the foods I had been advised to avoid, they all laughed at me!

Can you imagine the French not eating soft cheese, paté, mayonnaise or drinking wine?!

The only one they agreed with was undercooked meat.

Ah well, everyone has different ideas, I spose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->