What to buy a 2 year old who cant stand/walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickibrum

Pregnant #1 - 3rd Tri
Reaction score
Hi all.

Im struggling to think of a "big" present for my LO. Its his bday in Dec aswell. We already got him a ride on train for that in the sale. My issue is he doesnt use the left hand side of his body.....so.....he cant stand or walk.

Im totally out of ideas and to make it worse I dont want people to buy him loads of toys or clothes. a) he normally cant play with them b) I dont normally like the clothes they purchase or end up with 5 of the same or similar thing.
Any ideas?

What about imaginext? My 3 year old has been playing with his brother's imaginext bat cave for over a year now and he loves it. All the figures are pretty sturdy and not really small enough to choke on.

Eta: you could ask other people to buy books, play doh or puzzles.

VTech Sit-to-Stand Dancing Tower. It could encourage him to build strength. You start off with the lower station then add an extra middle part to make it taller for standing position when needed x

Attachments

• 51aju1NFYTL.jpg
    51aju1NFYTL.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1
Love the idea of the sit to stand. I've never seen that before. As for the imaginext he isn't really interested in that kind of stuff yet but that might be on next years list!. :)

My 10 year old has cerebral palsy and is a wheelchair user so I was in the similar situation to you. I bought toys that were at eye level. Do you have a physiotherapist? Have they provided you with any seating at home? They usually come with a tray, you could still buy him arts and crafts stuff to use his good arm with. You will find that his good side will compensate for his weakened side. Have you ever heard of conductive education? X

My 10 year old has cerebral palsy and is a wheelchair user so I was in the similar situation to you. I bought toys that were at eye level. Do you have a physiotherapist? Have they provided you with any seating at home? They usually come with a tray, you could still buy him arts and crafts stuff to use his good arm with. You will find that his good side will compensate for his weakened side. Have you ever heard of conductive education? X

Hi Danielle
thanks for the message. He can sit independently and bum shuffles but no kneeling/standing/walking or transitioning from lying to sitting etc. I havent heard of conductive education what is that? in 2 weeks he has a nerve conduction study.

If it's a big present you're looking for what about one of the ride-in cars? You can get ones with remote controls, they're fab. Especially the little BMW style ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"