What to buy for christmas?

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
Charlies only gunna be 6months what on earth do i buy him!? iv already got him books for me to read but i cant find any good toys or anthing! any ideas?

sam as got an activity table that is from 6mths it lays on the floor with out the legs the wen he got t 9mths i put the lgs on it so he could stand up n play u can get them from the argos for £29.99
sam loves his n he still plays wi it n hes 1 this month

I was going to get a jumperoo, but i have a door bouncer now. Now I am all out of ideas.

There are all kinds of toys for 6mo+. You have to look around, and remember that he will grow into them!
Lots of activity toys, and toys that show him cause and effect (like when he hits something it plays music and lights up).
Lots of balls and toys he can play with while crawling around.

I know at 3mo he doesn't seem like he will ever play with toys that do that much, but trust me.. mine never wants to sit still! They change alot in just a few short months; so just give yourself an excuse to go shopping and look around!! You will find all kinds of neat toys that will be 6mo+

maddi too will be 6moths on new years day so we're going to get her some 6month toys and i have seen some great walkers. was also thinking about an activity station. she has just had the jumperoo and really highly recommend it. have also seen some excellent 9month stuff and are going to buy her a rocking animal. i no she wont really no whats going on but hopefully she'll like them :blush:

maddi too will be 6moths on new years day so we're going to get her some 6month toys and i have seen some great walkers. was also thinking about an activity station. she has just had the jumperoo and really highly recommend it. have also seen some excellent 9month stuff and are going to buy her a rocking animal. i no she wont really no whats going on but hopefully she'll like them :blush:

I agree with this statement :lol: dont limit yourself to just 6mo stuff either, get a look at the 9mo+ aswell. That way you will have lots of entertaining things until she turns a year old (when you can get 12mo+..hehe)!

thanks march baby :blush: i've realised how quickly they grow and their needs change its wonderful, but time goes so quickly, don't want to miss out on anything :hugs:

I'm in the same boat :( She already has a Jumperoo and an Activity station so I'm stumped!

I would recommend woolworths if you have one in your town. We just got my nephew 3 different toys from there today and he loves them. They will keep him amused for a good few months. He is 6 and a half months old now. They are quite reasonably priced too. We got him a moving train with bricks today for £19.99 and it should of been £29.99. Bargain when you see the smile on his face once it starts lol

I'm not going to aim for Christmas as a time to buy Alasdair stuff. I'll go to an NCT nearly new sale at the beginning of the year and see what stuff I can pick up. Also planning on joining the toy library. I figure he's not really going to know what's happening this christmas after all.

I know she won't know what's going on, but I will, and I will love taking pictures! :rofl:

I'm probably an awful mother for not really caring. I should probably get him something good. I love a photo opportunity too!

A skint one more like! Someone on here said they were going to wrap up nappies/wipes...I might do that. Or even wrap up the toys he's already got. Wonder if he'll notice!

:rofl: I couldn't think of anything she doesn't already have that is worth buying so I'm considering wrapping up the boxes of all the stuff she already has.. :rofl:

You'll probably find her in a box giggling :) I think the old adage (sp, if it's even the right word....) is true that kids prefer the boxes to what's inside them most of the time!

Aw they have the same birthday :) how cute, iv seen a rocking catapilla that says Charlie on its bum! charlie aslo has a jumperoo and he loves it i think getting things for him at 9 months is a good idea though!

We're getting Marlowe a backpack carrier. She loves her front carrier and she'll be getting bigger (she'll be 6 months too), so we're getting the one that goes on the back.

We just bought Flissy a push along trike from Mothercare. It's for 10 months + and she's 8, but she absolutely loves it. It means I have to spend almost every waking hour when I'm not at work pushing her around the park, though.

I would highly recommend it right up there with a jumperoo.

Here's a pic.

C
x

Attachments

• m8-51008-3.jpg
    m8-51008-3.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics