• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what to do...advice please

luckynanna

Reaction score
hello everyone, my daughter in law gave birth to lovely baby boy this week, when they left the hospital he had a small mark on his foot, the midwife said it was nothing to worry about. she then reported my son and his partner to social services, they came round did what they had to do then left, L and M then requested another midwife . today the new midwife came, then again reported L and M to social services for the same mark on lil mans foot, they now have social services and the police waiting to take them all to the hospital, honestly they would never hurt there baby and already have a lovely 2 yr old boy, they are so upset and dont know what to do as it seems like victimisation from the midwives, who can they complain to. they want to come and stay with us for a few days is it ok to get my doctor or nurse to check lil man each day, please help thankyou

Wow. What a terrible situation for your family on what should be a happy time.

No experience of these things, but they are just most likely ticking boxes. Since the odd thing in the news, where things were overlooked, they are probably a bit too far the other way. There view is its better to be safe than sorry.

Are there anyone you can call upon as character witnesses-ie health visitors, doctors, nursery staff, who know them?

If they had of been really concerned, they wouldn't have let them leave hospital

I'm sure everything will be ok, try not to worry

Xx

Do they have a copy of the social services report from when the first midwife called them? Was the case satisfied? If so and it's the same mark on baby's foot they need to make SS awRe of that? Is the Mark an artefact from the birth or birth Mark/blemish or do they know how it happened? Did the drs at hospital notice it before they were discharged? If so it should be straight forward but if it's not could you go to the hospital with them? Just asking as if worst happens and they have to be questioned by police away from the hospital somebody will need to be at hospital with baby. Hope you're ok and it gets sorted quickly. Unfortunately with all the cases in the news last few years social services are in a damned if they do damned if they don't position as are midwives so they have to investigate.

all sorted now, turns out the hospital knew about it but forgot to put it in the records, luckily it was in a few of the many photos when lil man was still in hospital, and they have a good midwife now

I'm glad they got it sorted. I wouldn't be too hard on the midwives. Marks/bruises on premobile babies have to be looked into as the baby is not really able to injure themselves, not like if a toddler has a bruise. Also babies aren't able to say what happened but are the most vulnerable to harm. Could you imagine the backlash if a baby was seriously injured by their parents/carers and the midwife said 'oh I saw a bruise but didn't do anything about it'.
Anyway, I'm pleased they got it resolved. It must have been very scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->