What to do what to do....ugh

Hotbump

SAHM, student, & wife :)
Reaction score
So Jovanni loves to pretend cook and I thought about getting him play kitchen so I told OH and he said but he is a boy, I knew what he was trying to say so I told him "its not going to turn him gay you know".....Yesterday we went to my parent's house and I told them how I wanted to buy jovanni a play kitchen and my mom started to laugh and my dad said " Good idea but you know how our family is and is going to probably make fun of you buying him a play kitchen because he is a boy" Arghhh I felt like screaming he is not going to turn gay just because he likes to play pretend kitchen!!!!!!!! My OH suggested we buy him a pretend play grill but Jovanni loves the play kitchen! OH and everyone else thinks I shouldnt because he is a boy and only girls should play with kitchens ugh :dohh: I feel like buying Jovanni the play kitchen without letting OH know but at the same time I wouldnt want him to buy my son something behind my back argh Opinions?

I want to buy him this

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Step2-LifeStyle-Custom-Kitchen-and-Play-Food-Set-Value-Bundle/12017589

my Dh wont let me buy one for Aiden either :(

Everyone thinks I should buy him this

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Little-Tikes-Backyard-Barbecue-Grillin-Goodies-Value-Bundle/16616227

but jovanni loves the play kitchen :( and Brea we have some stubborn men lol

i think it's a great idea. the bias among people these days really gets my nerves... :nope:

So what if he's a boy? there are plenty of straight male chefs. If he likes to play kitchen than let him.

Yeah because grown men don't have kitchens. :rolleyes:

I asked my husband what if we had a boy would he let me buy him that exact play kitchen and he said "I would rather you get something else because thats kinda gay." Psh whatever dipshit. lol. (he'd have it whether daddy liked it or not ;) )

Everyone thinks I should buy him this

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Little-Tikes-Backyard-Barbecue-Grillin-Goodies-Value-Bundle/16616227

but jovanni loves the play kitchen :( and Brea we have some stubborn men lol

i know DH was like um no he is a boy!

i think its a cute idea!

I don't see a problem with it, honestly. Like others have said, there are plenty of male chefs :lol: I'd get it for him regardless of what your OH thinks, because in the end it matters what Jovanni wants, not what your OH thinks :hugs:

I never understood this . Jaymee personally loves boys toys more then girls if she was a boy and she wanted to play with girls toys I wouldn't care either way their you a toy doesnt have a gender

The kitchen and the grill is the same thing, lol, both make food. :shrug: I don't see what the big deal is

Me and OH had this discussion over Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Kitchen (IT IS A FRIDGE REALLY) and he didn't want me to get it. I told him I was getting it anyway. And we have it in the cupboard for christmas. I really don't see gender bias over toys like this, plenty of men cook etc (OH being one of them so wtf lol)

Maybe just say you are buying it anyway?? At the end of the day, it is what your child likes that is important

Buy it, I can't believe in this day and age there are still people that small minded that think boys playing with kitchens or dolls is 'gay' :dohh: Its absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Men cook/clean/parent so why the hell shouldn't they play with the toys as well as little girls? So what if he's gay anyway? He enjoys it so if you can afford it, buy him it! It would be stupid to get him something he'll like less just to please your OH. If he can't accept his son likes to play cooking then :hi:. People (but mostly men) like that piss me off so much!!!!

Is not only him but my family too....I'm not buying him the grill and I'm still trying to see if I can afford it, I'm like in 3 secret santa events and my family is not small at all. I'll probably end up buying it anyway, he already has some pretend food lol He likes to play with cars just as well and I tell OH so if Jovanni ends up being gay would you love him less and he says of course not, then I tell him well then lets buy him the play kitchen lol I think its mostly bother him what other people are going to think when they see the play kitchen :dohh:

its a good job none of them work ina nursery then. Its all about choice and letting the child deccide what they want to do. We have a large group or 3/4 year old boys at nursery who all play with doll, do role play and wear dresses and all play with the tea set/cooking. It helps grow their imagination and doesn't make a blind bit of differece if its a boy or a girl x

Is not only him but my family too....I'm not buying him the grill and I'm still trying to see if I can afford it, I'm like in 3 secret santa events and my family is not small at all. I'll probably end up buying it anyway, he already has some pretend food lol He likes to play with cars just as well and I tell OH so if Jovanni ends up being gay would you love him less and he says of course not, then I tell him well then lets buy him the play kitchen lol I think its mostly bother him what other people are going to think when they see the play kitchen :dohh:

Fuck what people think!

I remember when i told my OH i wanted to buy our son a play kitchen , so intead he went out and bought him a tool station thingy... Had like a mini drill, hammer, screwdriver etc, I think its just a man thing lol, then again i dont help matters by sticking lipstick on my son when OH isnt looking :rofl: x

Elyse's current play kitchen is a hand-me-down from OH's cousin... who got a new HUGE kitchen last year for Christmas (when he was 2.5)...

I think my OH would find it weird but I don't- the little boys always play in the kitchen area when we go to playgroups..

Theres nothing wrong with it at all! I asked DH and he said if we had a boy he wouldnt mind either.
I understand where their opinions are coming from but the times have changed far too much to be so concerned as to stop a little boy from having fun.

my daughter has a play kitchen and when my nephew comes over (he's 2 1/2) he LOVES to play with her kitchen. Who cares? He has dolls, he likes to play with a kitchen, i don't see what the big deal is. Its funny that people actually think that when a toddler plays with a doll or with a play kitchen it automatically seems gay. So the chefs in our restaurants that cook amazing food are all gay?

I say buy it! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->